Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Crowd-funding some much needed things for a Fiero family. (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Crowd-funding some much needed things for a Fiero family. by Synthesis
Started on: 07-28-2015 11:26 AM
Replies: 43 (1334 views)
Last post by: Synthesis on 09-22-2015 04:13 PM
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2015 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A group of anonymous people are working on a project...
We are putting in a new well at the Shipman home.
Their well has failed, the only source of clean water for their home.

According to several sources, it has been a constant trouble over the last few years.
Due to the issues, we are crowd-funding the replacement well at their home.

The well is already bought and paid for by an anonymous single donor who is giving us an open ended "loan", there is no turning it down... It just needs to be installed at this point, and that work is in progress as we speak.

We just need to pay off the loan from the anonymous donor.
With that said, there are a couple of other things these anonymous people would like to do for their extended Shipman family...

Please visit the link below, share it, spread it far and wide, and let's see what we can do.

Note: I am only a spokesperson, asked to set this up publicly in order to maintain the anonymity of all of those involved.

I'd like to say that we are doing this with a purely altruistic intent, but truth is... We all want running water in that amazing outdoor shower at Camp Shipman next year...

http://www.gofundme.com/CampShipman

Camp Shipman Outdoor Shower

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2015 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just heard back from the well company.
They went out to the home and found a spot for the new well. It is going to require directional boring to get the pipe into the house.
That adds another 1000 to the cost.
Glad I set the bar as high as I did.

Any and all donations help so that we can provide our Fiero family with safe drinking water.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 07-28-2015).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2015 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This family has been so generous in opening their home to what you might call the Fiero community, and become close friends with many of us. They also travel to Fiero shows/events. While there this year camping in their yard and attending the Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show, it came up in conversation that their house is due for new shingles, and their aging stairway / deck need replacing, in addition to the well situation they are currently in. I think its a great opportunity to help them out with something that is so important, good clean water
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2015 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Just heard back from the well company.
They went out to the home and found a spot for the new well. It is going to require directional boring to get the pipe into the house.
That adds another 1000 to the cost.
Glad I set the bar as high as I did.

Any and all donations help so that we can provide our Fiero family with safe drinking water.

Don't forget they keep a percentage of that money raised for the use of their site, at least some do.

I'm in as soon as I figure out how to do it.

it ain't much but more to come later.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 07-28-2015).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2015 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

Don't forget they keep a percentage of that money raised for the use of their site, at least some do.

I'm in as soon as I figure out how to do it.

Steve

Yep. The additional amount on top of the 5k for the original well is meant to offset some of those fees and additional costs.
We are already at 1k above initial cost, so we are looking at 6k for the well.

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2015 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
157 views on this thread.
If everyone who viewed it donated five dollars, we'd be over 1/4 of the way to our goal.

Think about your home. About how nice it is to step into that hot shower with water pressure.
What it is like to step up to the sink and pour a glass of water for yourself, and be able to drink it.

Now, imagine not having the ability to do those things because your only source of water for 13 miles is broken.

The Shipmans are good people that make do with what they have. We can fix this for them...
They open their home to us every year, feed us when we get there. They host a show for all of us, and use the proceeds to send local children to college.

They don't have to do any of that, but every year they do.

Think about it.
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2015 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
done
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2015 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hookdonspeed:

done

You already had a plus from me... Wish I could give another one.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2015 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Daily reminder...

A generous benefactor has ordered a new dishwasher for the Shipman family.
Just waiting on it to come in before we schedule delivery and installation.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2015 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We still need help. If everyone who viewed this thread donated five dollars, we'd be much further along.

The new well was installed yesterday and will be hooked up next week.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2015 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
I found out some information yesterday...
3 years.
That's how long the well has been malfunctioning...
Three. Years.
Three years of worrying whether there will be water when turning the faucet on.
Three years of not being able to water the garden or grass.
Three years of not being able to flush the toilet while the washer is running, or being able to fill the tub and soak after a stressful day (and there have been many stressful days in the last five years).
Three years of not being able to shower whenever the dishwasher or washing machine was running.

The well is dug. Final connections next week. And we still need donations!

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2015 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are just over 1/7th of the way there.
Even five dollars helps us!
Please consider a donation!
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2015 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, I donated, but I can't post to Facebook where the wife will see it.

Love the Shipmans, and I'll do whatever I can to help that awesome family.

Brad
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2015 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just threw a little into the pot.
James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2015 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please post this link and copy and past the storey, on any other forums that you may have accouts to...Thanks.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2015 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Daily Bump!
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Donated. I haven't exactly got much to give, but these guys deserve it.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for your donation!

We need more!
Things are going great and we are just under 1/4 of the way to our total...

Keep it coming everyone!
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2015 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!

We are 1500 in and doing GREAT!
More donations are needed!
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2015 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a little more, it's not much but hey every little bit helps right.

Steve

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 08-05-2015).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2015 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for your donation Steve!

Just shy of 1/4 of the way there in only 9 days.

Even five dollars helps people! If everyone who has seen this donated five dollars, we'd be sitting at 5,000 in donations right now.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated!
PFF
System Bot
BlackTopRacing

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2015 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackTopRacingClick Here to visit BlackTopRacing's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlackTopRacingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry we couldn't make it to the event, being so close it's a shame we couldn't do it. Anyway, we're happy to help in another way!

------------------
www.BlackTopUpgrades.com
For 2-seat Rear Wheel Drive Sports Car lighting, accessories and performance parts.

fierogt455

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2015 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt455Send a Private Message to fierogt455Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know how I missed this thread! Made my donation to a good cause.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2015 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome! Thank you both!
We are now over 1/4 of the way.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2015 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2015 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! We are over a third of the way to our goal thanks to many generous benefactors!

Thank you all so much for your part in this great project!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2015 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thumbs up guys!

James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2015 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump....for the weekend.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2015 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sunday evening bump...

In the last 13 days, we have had 38 donations for a total of $2,445.

This averages out to:

64.34 per donation
188.08 per day

A couple of us will be heading up to Frazee this next weekend to install the new dishwasher, which came in on Tuesday.
I'll also be taking the lump sum that has been raised so far, minus the GoFundMe and WePay fees that are taken and making the initial payment for the well to our benefactor.

We still need help, and anything you can chip in will get us to our goal more quickly.
Even five dollars is a step in the right direction.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2015 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We still need help.

We are over 1/3rd of the way to our goal and doing great.
The well should be plumbed in this week, barring any last minute scheduling conflicts with the Elsner.

Donations can be accepted online, or offline via check or money order or cash if you see fit.
Just message me for a mailing address.

Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2015 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, you're read enough. Click on this and donate http://www.gofundme.com/CampShipman You have waited long enough.

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes
Frazee: 2011, 2014

PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2015 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll just leave this here...

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2015 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, they found an artesian well?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2015 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like pressure wont be a problem
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2015 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most definitely not an artesian well.

The pressure from the well head at the bottom of the pipe is VERY good.
They actually had to control the flow into the home to avoid causing damage to the pipes in the house.
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2015 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did John loose an artesian well, too? And if it's not in the Shipman's yard, where could it be?
steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2015 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'll just leave this here...

Looks like they drilled down into a water main How deep did they go?

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2015 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Most definitely not an artesian well.

The pressure from the well head at the bottom of the pipe is VERY good.
They actually had to control the flow into the home to avoid causing damage to the pipes in the house.

That pipe is the pipe going straight down into the well correct? There appears to be no pump on that pipe (Other than the hand pump, with the handle in the up position). I doubt that is what is causing that amazing water flow. So there is positive water pressure coming out of the ground?

seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2015 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its just an outdoor water spigot coming right off the well pump.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2015 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As seajai said, it just comes off the line into the house.
The pressure you see feeds the house, and the spigot comes straight up off that line. The house pressure is lowered using a tank and regulator system to keep the pipes from having issues. Seajai and I are at the Shipman home tonight. The volume of water is enough to wash clothes and fill the tub at the same time...

Also, dishwasher is installed...
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock