How much is my pink Fiero worth? by boysatt
Started on: 07-27-2015 02:35 PM
Replies: 6 (589 views)
Last post by: James Bond 007 on 07-31-2015 11:02 AM
boysatt

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2015 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boysattSend a Private Message to boysattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been restoring a 1986 GT for my wife and I need to sell it when its done. Recent medical issues over the last year because of cancer has lead to the doctors wanting to amputate her arm. With that going on she has no interest in driving the car.

I have a lot of money into this car so not sure what to do with it now. When she got sick the car was put on hold.
I started out with a rust free 86 GT I purchased with no motor or trans with 130k on the body. I pretty much gutted and disassembled the car completely. All the plastic body panels were soda blasted, hood has a custom scoop too. The body shop painted this car in pieces, only the rear fastback section and roof skin stayed on the car. Painted Furious Fuchsia from the 2010 dodge challenger and black on the bottom. Body work, materials and painting cost 4k alone. I have been reassembling it with lots of new parts, like dew wipes, clips, fasteners, shields, rebuilt door hinges, rebuild door latches, new power locks, new lock cylinders, new windshield, etc...
I have been only using the best used parts I can find too. Will have all new brakes, rebuilt transmission, rebuilt suspension, motor with 50K miles, etc...
Interior will be as close to perfect as I can get and everything will work. Also have 17" wheels for it.

My garage lighting does not do the color justice.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2015 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With everything you listed done to the car I'd say probably around $4,000
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2015 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's really unfortunate about your wife, sorry to hear that. You'll probably be told a few times that the price you'd get for the car will be much less than the money you've put into it.

The best-case scenario would be for your wife to be feeling better by the time you get this Fiero back together... and she decides she wants to drive it again.
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2015 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just like any Fiero, or any other car, its worth what you can get someone to pay for it. The color may make it a harder sell. Pick a price you want and see if any bites. If not, lower it till you get some interest and you will know what its worth.

Best wishes to your wife, and you.
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2015 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:
The best-case scenario would be for your wife to be feeling better by the time you get this Fiero back together... and she decides she wants to drive it again.
is true If the car got an auto trans...
You can legally drive w/ one hand and a spinner but you need to go to driving school etc to get a new restrictive license... restrictions should be AT only and Mechanical Aid.
Stock Fiero is ok to steer at a few MPH but parking can be hard w/o PS. Moving even a little bit will help allot vs turn front wheel while stopped.
Use a base model steering rack may help some. Is 3.5 turns vs GT 3 turns. May give a bit more leverage but not sure.

Not driving now can, likely will, change in the future.
I had basically 3 choices after my stroke... Stay a home, take Parratrasit etc, or drive.
Stay at home gets very old, very fast.
Bus etc has so many problem to list on top of the fact can be expensive.
Both are I drove as soon as possible.

Originally posted by rogergarrison:
Just like any Fiero, or any other car, its worth what you can get someone to pay for it. The color may make it a harder sell. Pick a price you want and see if any bites. If not, lower it till you get some interest and you will know what its worth.
Yup.
Custom items and paint can make it hard to sell. Sadly Even w/o that, you likely lose money to restore the car by selling to most people.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

RossT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2015 03:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RossTClick Here to visit RossT's HomePageSend a Private Message to RossTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When you are ready to sell, post a price.
James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2015 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You might consider opening a go fund me account.Prayers sent.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock