Black Magic - Engine Shine by Jerry Tarnofsky
Started on: 07-25-2015 04:08 PM
Replies: 10 (529 views)
Last post by: 84fiero123 on 07-27-2015 09:24 AM
Jerry Tarnofsky

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2015 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jerry TarnofskySend a Private Message to Jerry TarnofskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone tried Black Magic - Engine Shine?

------------------

Jerry
'88 Fiero GT

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cyrus88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2015 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cyrus88Send a Private Message to cyrus88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes I have and regretted it. It will make your engine shiny for a week, then the dirt will start to cake on everything and be very hard to remove.

Edited to add: Of course I'm talking about the one that comes in the big aerosol can.

[This message has been edited by cyrus88 (edited 07-25-2015).]

spirit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2015 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spiritSend a Private Message to spiritEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been disappointed in Black Magic products in the past
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2015 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't used it, but will tell you that it's like flypaper for road dust, and yes once it's dirty again, it will be hard to clean (as stated by cryus88).

Best thing for quick clean up appearance is aerosol silicone spray can, but be sure not to spray area by your rubber accessory drive belts. It doesn't take much for painted items to look brighter, great for rubber hoses, and doesn't hold dirt like other engine shine products. When you want to redo it, just wipe surfaces off with cotton rag, then re-spray zones. The stuff is great for all your weather seals as well.

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 07-26-2015).]

Jerry Tarnofsky

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2015 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jerry TarnofskySend a Private Message to Jerry TarnofskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This may sound crazy, I used Mothers Foaming Tire and wheel Cleaner on the engine then hosed it off.
Worked pretty well, but did nothing for the exposed aluminum on the top of manifold and rocker covers.
They have a mottled blackish appearance.
Headed to Home Depot for some aluminum metal polish and silicon spray.

Jerry

[This message has been edited by Jerry Tarnofsky (edited 07-26-2015).]

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2015 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The best engine detailer there is on the market is Adams In and Out Spray.

This stuff I found out about on a Corvette web site and found it locally here. It is great for plastic, rubber and even painted surfaces under the hood. It is not a cleaner but it is a dealer. I clean and then finish it with this. It is an Aerosol is the only negative but the over spray just wipes off with no streaking or other issue. I just tuned a buddy onto it and he just went back to buy 3 more cans.

Adams In and Out Spray.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t5H821fF7Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc8oDaaFj7Y

The VOC law killed the product for two years and the Corvette guys were just going crazy.

Note the video really does not show the true results of the spray. Note too it does not collect dust like Amour all and other sprays will. I have used them all and this is one thing that really shocked and impressed me. I highly recommend it.
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2015 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

The best engine detailer there is on the market is Adams In and Out Spray.

This stuff I found out about on a Corvette web site and found it locally here. It is great for plastic, rubber and even painted surfaces under the hood. It is not a cleaner but it is a dealer. I clean and then finish it with this. It is an Aerosol is the only negative but the over spray just wipes off with no streaking or other issue. I just tuned a buddy onto it and he just went back to buy 3 more cans.

Adams In and Out Spray.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t5H821fF7Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc8oDaaFj7Y

The VOC law killed the product for two years and the Corvette guys were just going crazy.

Note the video really does not show the true results of the spray. Note too it does not collect dust like Amour all and other sprays will. I have used them all and this is one thing that really shocked and impressed me. I highly recommend it.

Thanks for posting this, I've never seen that product in the stores I normally go into. I only have one concern, in that he advices not to spray on plastic instrument panel clear cover. That does not go well with it being safe for plastic products, which there are a ton of on today's cars. I wish he had gone into more detail, why to stay clear of that area, because if it's harmful to that part, it's certainly harmful to just about all other plastic parts.

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2015 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by California Kid:

Thanks for posting this, I've never seen that product in the stores I normally go into. I only have one concern, in that he advices not to spray on plastic instrument panel clear cover. That does not go well with it being safe for plastic products, which there are a ton of on today's cars. I wish he had gone into more detail, why to stay clear of that area, because if it's harmful to that part, it's certainly harmful to just about all other plastic parts.

It goes without saying that you want to always test a product before you go all guns and spray it down on everything.

Keep in mind this is a rubber and plastic trim product. Clear plastics and Plexi glass generally need different care. They work best with a polishing compound vs. some top coat.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2015 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Black Magic ?

Wife uses it all the time when she calls speedy her broom to go flying around.

Wait that's not the kind of black magic you are talking about.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 07-26-2015).]

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2015 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

Black Magic ?

Wife uses it all the time when she calls speedy her broom to go flying around. :scared:

Wait that's not the kind of black magic you are talking about. :facepalm:

Steve

As always...great input Steve. :D
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2015 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jason88Notchie:
As always...great input Steve.

Hey it was a bump to the top when I posted, so

Besides we are all way to straight laced and no fun here in tech, a little laughing once in a while never hurt anyone, besides, my wife is Fierowitch here on the forum.

Steve
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock