Most expensive Formula ever ? by formulaWA
Started on: 07-12-2015 02:15 AM
Replies: 15 (749 views)
Last post by: Australian on 02-08-2017 08:28 PM
formulaWA

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2015 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for formulaWASend a Private Message to formulaWAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I saw this ad on autotrader

http://www.autotrader.com/c...ngId=405054210&Log=0

$19,500 for an 872 mile Formula

Dropped a note to the vendor. He indicated that his mother had won the Formula in a radio contest and never drove it. He said they already had a full price offer. No T-top or PW but had leather seats (in a Formula?)
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2015 03:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If the guy claims he had a full price offer, why didn't he sell it?

Ask him that...
Horse

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2015 04:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HorseSend a Private Message to HorseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That price seems un realistic, there have been 88 GTs with less miles for less money offered on the Autotrader site. Not many people would take a formula over a GT.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2015 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd take a Formula over a GT anyday!
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2015 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt28:

Ask him that...

Agreed. Why is it still for sale if they got a "full price" offer??? Smells like
I expect they'll get back to you... "YOU now have the chance to buy at the same price..."

Kinda like that other used car salesman tactic - "...better act FAST. Others are REALLY interested".

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 07-12-2015).]

Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2015 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess I fail to see how you can have nearly 900 miles on something and claim it's never been driven.. maybe not legally/registered and driven, but was definitely driven.
Chris_narf

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2015 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_narfSend a Private Message to Chris_narfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's the beauty of capitalism. You can try to sell a pencil for $1M and maybe you'll get lucky and find an idiot with enough cash to buy. There's nothing wrong with trying to sell something at a ridiculous price, you just may not find anyone willing to pay it.

------------------
-Chris
'85 V6 SE 4sp (SOLD)
'88 GT - Series 3 SC3800 w/ 3.5" pulley, 1.8" rockers, 3" exhaust, 3.5" intake, 3.29 gearing. Installed and tuned by Sinister Performance
'99 Kawasaki Vulcan 500, owned since new
'09 G37x Sedan w/ Premium & Nav (wife's car)
'13 G37xS Sedan (new daily driver)
'14 Yamaha FJR - 0-60 in 2.8s w/ 34MPG!!!

Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2015 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hard to find car for sure.. But no leather in an '88 Formula.
Unless it has code 822 on the RPO tag,those have been swapped out...
If it was a factory optioned Formula with leather, that could be interesting..
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2015 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chris_narf:

That's the beauty of capitalism. You can try to sell a pencil for $1M and maybe you'll get lucky and find an idiot with enough cash to buy. There's nothing wrong with trying to sell something at a ridiculous price, you just may not find anyone willing to pay it.

But there is something called fairness, honesty and integrity that is the best policy to follow. If I knew that a car was only worth so much and I got an offer for more money I would tell the buyer that he is offering too much and take only the fair value. Honesty brings more good but scheming, lying and cheating only brings misery. The seller of this formula should only be selling it for fair value. To sell it for more than it is worth is not only misleading but is stealing. Cheat someone and you will be cheated, steal from someone and someone will steal from you.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2015 07:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He may have been offered full price but the offer came from someone with no money or was crazy.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2015 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Or the offer came from a prince from Nigeria who will pay full price and accidentally write a check for $2k more...so you can send him the car and the extra $2k cash and end up with nothing.
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2015 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Or the offer came from a prince from Nigeria who will pay full price and accidentally write a check for $2k more...so you can send him the car and the extra $2k cash and end up with nothing.

LOL LOL LOL!

formulaWA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2017 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for formulaWASend a Private Message to formulaWAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And I thought the 1st Formula in this thread was expensive
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/5957487364.html

He wants more for than I paid my 2 Formulas combined and it has more miles than my 2 Formulas put together
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2017 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by formulaWA:

And I thought the 1st Formula in this thread was expensive
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/5957487364.html

He wants more for than I paid my 2 Formulas combined and it has more miles than my 2 Formulas put together

Just goes to show that there are some real sickolas in this hobby.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2017 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt28:

Ask him that...

Perhaps in this case 'full price' means original price, which was only about $11,000.

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 02-05-2017).]

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2017 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is high but it isn't ridiculous if it was half the price I would expect every other fiero to sell for pennies.
There has to be a best of anything to base highest price on.

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 02-08-2017).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock