Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  2 Fieros' attempted to sell at Mechum auction this past weekend in Denver, CO

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
2 Fieros' attempted to sell at Mechum auction this past weekend in Denver, CO by Curtisk1060
Started on: 06-29-2015 09:46 PM
Replies: 1 (249 views)
Last post by: Spoon on 06-29-2015 09:53 PM
Curtisk1060

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2015 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Curtisk1060Send a Private Message to Curtisk1060Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went to the Denver Mechum auction this past Friday in Denver , CO and the 2nd car sold was an 1986 Red Fiero SE, I think it sold for $2100. It was not anything special except for a decent metallic red paint job. The second one that came across the line was near the evening, it was in worse shape, but painted gold. It was missing a trunk lock and you weren't able to see the engine bay. Also, the sail panel of the ( SE) or (GT) was replaced with some type of shaded lexan material. It did not receive a bid and simply crossed the stage although the auctioneer tried his best to get someone to bid on it... I was disappointed in the quality of both vehicles and this is a reason why Fieros sometimes don't get much coverage at national auctions. The good ones just don't come up for sale that often at these type of events so the public thinks they are junk when these are the ones that do show up. The owners had to pay $500 to enter them in the show and I doubt they got there moneys worth for them.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2015 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a shame. I guess it could of been worse. At least the drivers weren't forced to wear firesuits. ...Right???

Please forgive me, I couldn't pass up the opportunity.

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock