Fierorama 20!!!!!! by Nife Events
Started on: 06-27-2015 12:06 PM
Replies: 50 (1803 views)
Last post by: Nife Events on 09-16-2015 09:47 AM
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2015 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Other than the interior, anything else different?

Since its an 88 Pilot car, I believe it has the power steering that 88's were going to get.

IP: Logged

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2015 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, power steering. Also Fred said he has found various things different from a factory 88. I did notice more than one type of bolt on the valvecover, a black one and a chrome one. Also it has factory fog lights, I,'ll post a pic...

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2015 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

It is a nice car, but hasn't run for many years and wasn't real well taken care of, now that Fred owns it, that will change
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2015 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did I see a factory ”dogbone cover”?

I wonder if the fog lights interfere with airflow/cause overheating.

Does it run now? I mean, I know it's not street legal, but is as driveable as say, his pace car?

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-15-2015).]

css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2015 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Did I see a factory ”dogbone cover”?

Does it run now? I mean, I know it's not street legal, but is as driveable as say, his pace car?

It has the triangle-shaped plastic thing, yes. Being built so early (Mar. '87), it has a lot of '87 characteristics. But it also has the '88-style engine-vent stands, the '88 oil pressure switch, the '88 alternator, the '88 exhaust shields, etc.

Its not driveable; if I understand correctly it hasn't even been started since 1991. It needs a lot of TLC first.

mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2015 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I wonder if the fog lights interfere with airflow/cause overheating.

Fieros are bottom breathers, as far as airflow to the radiator is concerned, so you could completely block off the open "grille" area and not overheat.

There was a guy in Phoenix who installed driving lights in that same area.....he covered all of the opening up with 4 lights and never had overheating issues in the Arizona heat.

Another small thing about this car were the seat skins. They were '88 GT pleated gray cloth seats, but the bottoms had the welting/piping that is found on the '86-'88 GT's. The heat shield on the y-pipe was attached differently too.....lots of small details are different since it is such an early car. It'll be fun finding out about all these differences once Fred restores this GT.
Nife Events

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2015 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nife EventsClick Here to visit Nife Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nife EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fierorama Merchandise Blowout. We have a few t-shirts and a few coins left, so we are offering this bundle for $15 plus shipping for a limited time only! go to http://fierofocus.com/store.html to order

GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2015 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mrfiero:

Fieros are bottom breathers, as far as airflow to the radiator is concerned, so you could completely block off the open "grille" area and not overheat.

There was a guy in Phoenix who installed driving lights in that same area.....he covered all of the opening up with 4 lights and never had overheating issues in the Arizona heat.

Mike,

Fred and I had this discussion this past weekend. I have the Pontiac dealer aftermarket / accessory Fiero drive lights on my 88GT. While not overheating, the car definitely runs cooler when the front plate is off versus when it is on. There is some air offering going through the upper opening. Note the bug debris that accumulates in the area.

Jeff

mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2015 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTGeff:

Mike,

Fred and I had this discussion this past weekend. I have the Pontiac dealer aftermarket / accessory Fiero drive lights on my 88GT. While not overheating, the car definitely runs cooler when the front plate is off versus when it is on. There is some air offering going through the upper opening. Note the bug debris that accumulates in the area.

Jeff

I don't disagree with you. My example was anecdotal....I have no direct experience with blocking off the air opening. I do remember thinking the same thing when I saw his car, but he insisted there were no overheating issues. This was back in 1998 though......he may have had issues later that I'm not aware of....who knows?

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2015 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:

I don't disagree with you. My example was anecdotal....I have no direct experience with blocking off the air opening. I do remember thinking the same thing when I saw his car, but he insisted there were no overheating issues. This was back in 1998 though......he may have had issues later that I'm not aware of....who knows?

All I know is that when the cop stops me and asks me why I don't have a front plate, I tell him it will overheat and catch fire and explode if I have front plate

Nife Events

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2015 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nife EventsClick Here to visit Nife Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nife EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nife Events:

Fierorama Merchandise Blowout. We have a few t-shirts and a few coins left, so we are offering this bundle for $15 plus shipping for a limited time only! go to http://fierofocus.com/store.html to order

Only Medium and Small left, all other size sold out.

PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay