Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Finally took delivery of my 1987 2M4 hardtop.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Finally took delivery of my 1987 2M4 hardtop. by Darth Z
Started on: 06-21-2015 07:57 PM
Replies: 6 (183 views)
Last post by: Darth Z on 06-22-2015 05:07 PM
Darth Z

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2015 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth ZSend a Private Message to Darth ZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It doesn't run at the moment, but that's fine with me. I'm planning a 3800 Series II SC swap for it. I will start working on it, and making repairs until I locate a motor and tranny for the swap. The main things that I'll need, are some body panels, trim, seat covers, and headliner. Here she is:

------------------
2010 Jeep Wrangler
1996 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
1987 Pontiac Fiero
1957 Chevrolet Corvette LS6-swapped (LOOOOOOONG-term project)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2015 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There she is. Good luck with the swap. Keep us up on the build
Darth Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2015 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth ZSend a Private Message to Darth ZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will definitely post a build thread. It will be a little ways off before I really get started on it, I have a 96 2-door Tahoe Z-71 that I have to get on the road first. I can't wait to get started on this one though!
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2015 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks awesome, what kind of paint scheme are you planning?
Darth Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2015 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth ZSend a Private Message to Darth ZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I' m thinking of about three options. Repaint silver, either stock or Bright Silver Metallic like I had on my 97 Camaro. Find a good medium shade of blue that I would like. Lastly, I thought about somehow coming up with a design using the silver and medium blue. Something that is not an over/under two-tone (breaking at the molding), nothing that makes the car look like my life has not progressed past the 1980's, something where the main color is blue, but the silver is used to accent certain aspects of the body. Way too early to make a decision yet. I want to repair the damaged pieces, convert to a sunroof, and swap in a 3800 SC, before I worry about the exterior too much. I will paint the engine bay, and undercarriage black so they will work no matter what color(s) I decide to use.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2015 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome, congrats! Is the motor/trans shot in it? If not I suggest getting it on the road ASAP and enjoy it for a bit. You'll also be working out suspension issues and such. How many miles? Auto or 5 speed?
Darth Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2015 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth ZSend a Private Message to Darth ZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, supposedly it has a FUBARred piston. I haven't looked at it yet. I didn't think to check the mileage, I was short on time when I unloaded it. Put it in a storage building for the moment. If I can fix the engine relatively easily, I may get it back on the road before the swap. I have to change a caliper that's locking up too. It's an auto, so I intend to keep it that way.

[This message has been edited by Darth Z (edited 06-24-2015).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock