West Coast Fiero by vette7584
Started on: 06-16-2015 11:06 PM
Replies: 34 (2142 views)
Last post by: edfiero on 11-10-2015 12:50 PM
vette7584

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2015 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vette7584Send a Private Message to vette7584Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ordered a shifter conversion plate for my 3800 sc swap back at the beginning of may, they finally charged my account on june 8th, but have not received my part. i have tried calling and have filled out the online inquiry form numerous times. no response. anyone have any input or suggestions? i am frustrated
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieromatty

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2015 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromattySend a Private Message to fieromattyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IMO. I don't deal with that kind of shady business. File a dispute with your bank.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2015 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
West Coast Fieros has been in business a while. They have delivered hundreds of swap parts over many years., some fast and others tardy. The book on them is that they are honest but it seems that the parts business is secondary to the swap/repair business. They know that your order is waiting, perhaps for a new batch to be fabricated. I have experienced no problems dealing with them and they have delivered promptly but I order in winter which may be the off season. Other buyers like yourself have report deliveries of a few months. What I wish that they would change is to state on their website what is in stock and what needs to be fabricated.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2015 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I finally got my parts from them but it took a while. Would not order from thrm again.. very poor welds on the swap headers I received as well.
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2015 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

They have delivered hundreds of swap parts over many years., some fast and others tardy ...

...and some not at all.

The book on them is that they are honest

and just what book would that be ?! LOL

MANY people have documented SERIOUS problems with West Coast Fiero and the posts are easy to find using SEARCH. No one needs to be reminded of the PFF member's 3800SC Turbo car they screwed up, do they ? man I hate to see people mislead ....

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089925.html

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/121897.html

//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...090219-2-081150.html

//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...041015-1-040639.html

etc., etc.

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 06-17-2015).]

vette7584

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2015 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vette7584Send a Private Message to vette7584Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well, it finally arrived, got it yesterday, parts was $120, with $30 shipping? ouch! it came in a flat rate usps box, i do a lot of shipping, so i know this box is no more than $13 to anywhere in the US, so i guess they charged $17 for handling? Well, just my opinion, they "handled" it poorly. i love my Fiero's, but first and foremost, i am a Corvette guy, the parts suppliers for Corvette parts are immensely way more professional than West Coast Fiero, even down to the little guy part suppliers. Zero contact from the seller and no tracking number provided is very poor customer service. i will go on to say the part looks very nice, A+ to them for that, but their customer service sucks, please dont make excuses for them as it is not professional. with that all said, there is nothing that they make that i guess now i cant make in the future if i need it, will NEVER order from them again.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2015 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone needs to make some plug and play 3800 shifter conversion plates at a reasonable price.
FierOmar

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2015 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierOmarSend a Private Message to FierOmarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by vette7584:

well, it finally arrived, got it yesterday, parts was $120, with $30 shipping? ouch! it came in a flat rate usps box, i do a lot of shipping, so i know this box is no more than $13 to anywhere in the US, so i guess they charged $17 for handling? Well, just my opinion, they "handled" it poorly. i love my Fiero's, but first and foremost, i am a Corvette guy, the parts suppliers for Corvette parts are immensely way more professional than West Coast Fiero, even down to the little guy part suppliers. Zero contact from the seller and no tracking number provided is very poor customer service. i will go on to say the part looks very nice, A+ to them for that, but their customer service sucks, please dont make excuses for them as it is not professional. with that all said, there is nothing that they make that i guess now i cant make in the future if i need it, will NEVER order from them again.

Hmmm..... let's see. You ordered in May, but they did not charge you until June 8 (probably at or about the time they were ready to ship). Sent you an A+ part. Sounds ethical to me. OK, so they charged somethiing in excess of the actual shipping cost for handling. Outrageous... well, not really. And I'm not sure what PaulJK's issue is. Some of those threads he posted are more than ten years old.

These types of complaints aren't limited to WCF. Over the years, I have seen others (e.g. V8 Archie) baashed as well. I am not suggesting that a buyer should just accept any defective product, but the mere fact that these businesses continue to operate for 10-20 years says something about the quality of their products and services in general.

------------------
FierOmar

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2015 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

and some not at all

Paul I sure hope that this is not the case. While we have heard of late shipments from WCF reported here, I do not know of an instance where WCF took a customers money and didn't ship. I am not taking WCF's side or the consumers side but accusing them of thievery should be supported by hard evidence. As for shipping when you order coast to coast as many of us do then shipping costs do go up some but perhaps WCF's shipping costs are excessive.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H

IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2015 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

Someone needs to make some plug and play 3800 shifter conversion plates at a reasonable price.

Keep an eye out....just sayin'
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2015 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierOmar:
Hmmm..... let's see. You ordered in May, but they did not charge you until June 8 (probably at or about the time they were ready to ship). Sent you an A+ part. Sounds ethical to me. OK, so they charged somethiing in excess of the actual shipping cost for handling. Outrageous... well, not really. And I'm not sure what PaulJK's issue is. Some of those threads he posted are more than ten years old.

These types of complaints aren't limited to WCF. Over the years, I have seen others (e.g. V8 Archie) baashed as well. I am not suggesting that a buyer should just accept any defective product, but the mere fact that these businesses continue to operate for 10-20 years says something about the quality of their products and services in general.

WCF is WCF....They supply needed parts for the 3800 swap and more but lack in customer service or communication. There common parts take anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months to recieve. If u call to ask about ur parts u will more then likely be cussed out by Chris in some form or fashion or u will talk to someone who doesn't have a clue. It's been like this for 10 years and I don't see it changing anytime soon. The only way u will gwt faster service is if u are a big roller and paying them to do the work. There is an individual now waiting on about 1300 bucks with of parts and has been for a few months. No custom parts just mounts, thermostat housing, ect...He called last week as his CC had been charged 2 weeks ago and was told by Chris that he was going on vacation for a week and would check when he got back...I haven't had to order from WCF in sometime as I have been lucky enough to snag parts from here and there but if I do have that need in the future I plan to order 6 months in advance
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2015 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

WCF is WCF....They supply needed parts for the 3800 swap and more but lack in customer service or communication. There common parts take anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months to recieve. If u call to ask about ur parts u will more then likely be cussed out by Chris in some form or fashion or u will talk to someone who doesn't have a clue. It's been like this for 10 years and I don't see it changing anytime soon. The only way u will gwt faster service is if u are a big roller and paying them to do the work. There is an individual now waiting on about 1300 bucks with of parts and has been for a few months. No custom parts just mounts, thermostat housing, ect...He called last week as his CC had been charged 2 weeks ago and was told by Chris that he was going on vacation for a week and would check when he got back...I haven't had to order from WCF in sometime as I have been lucky enough to snag parts from here and there but if I do have that need in the future I plan to order 6 months in advance

I believe that this is a fair analysis of the situation there. WCF is a one man shop . They make quality swap parts but it seems that they migrate towards devoting their work on the big high dollar jobs and leaving parts fabrication work as a secondary business. Perhaps Chris got into the swap parts business to keep things going in the slow winter season. That's when I have ordered and have received the parts in a couple of weeks. During the spring / summer car show season I would think that they are swamped and may not prioritize parts manufacturing. As they say "it is what it is".

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2015 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dennis Nail it...exactly. I order more parts from most of the Fiero vendors than most including Chris\WCF.

"During the spring / summer car show season I would think that they are swamped and may not prioritize parts manufacturing. As they say "it is what it is"."

Over the years that is the pattern I have seen....also when I received my parts the were always 1st rate pieces.

Also in reference to comparing it to a corvette parts dealer...so buddy...but you have to understand that you are not comparing apples to apples.
The corvette following dwarfs the small Fiero following in comparison and business is always a numbers (People/$) game.
Typically the more people...the more money...which leads to more employees, better and more corporate style support.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 06-19-2015).]

vette7584

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2015 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vette7584Send a Private Message to vette7584Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
after this post, i will no longer comment. lets just start off i am not bashing WCF. i am new the fiero build/modification part of this. When you call and talk to someone like i did, and he says the part will be shipped in a couple day's, you would expect that would be the case. this person is running a fairly well known (well at least in fiero circles) business. This was back in the beginning of may. i waited 3 weeks before i started to inquire about the part, via email and phone messages, i got nothing, nada, zero response. i was in talks with another fiero enthusiast about making a shifter bracket for me, by the way he was going to charge $45, not $120, that same day a charge pops up on my bank statement, June 8th. call and message asking for a tracking number, again, no response, then the part arrives, and i will tell you, it is a good quality as advertised part. here is the real problem, i get the fact that he must be busier in the summer months, we are in the areas that experience winter, you know, like here in New York. Must be they dont do big builds in the winter time in California on the west coast. long story short, customer service sucks, if there is going to be a lead time, be upfront about it, while he may not be getting as much money individually from US when we order parts, JUST THE SAME HE HAS NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER TAKING OUR MONEY FOR THESE PARTS. My advice to him, you make great parts, no doubt, but be more upfront, tell us you're busy and it might take a month, or longer.
Steel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2015 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't agree with their parts being 'quality'. Their 3800 swap mounts are very weak, they aren't 1/4" and if you pull any kind of real power these mounts fail.. mine literally folded at the weld in two spots. There are multiple threads about it as well if someone wants to dig. The 1/4" copies of these mounts from Purple reign are far superior, as are the the original design FieroX mounts. Also the welds are hit and miss with this company, I've had orders with impeccable welds and orders that were absolutely terrible full of pin holes and slag/slop.

Support was rude, delivery was slow and 4 out of my 6-7 orders for custom stuff left me with a bitter taste and I had to have a lot of stuff rewelded properly. I'm not entirely sure the guy I spoke too on the phone wasn't drunk during those calls as well.. bizarre experiences to say the least.

[This message has been edited by Steel (edited 06-19-2015).]

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2015 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WCF is not a one man shop so that's no excuse. Being Spring time an car shows is no excuse either. They are in Cali where it's nice weather year around. Before moving to the foothills their primary business was boat repair and Fiero Swap parts was a side business. Now from my understanding they are a full time Fiero shop with workers and all. So there should be no excuse for the poor work ethics or piss poor communication u get when talking to Chris. If u have a part for sale on ur site then u should have them on the shelf to ship unless it's noted there is a lead time. At no point should a customer have to wait for 2.5 months for basic mounts, thermostat housing, ect. Their CC should not be charged then no parts show up or tracking info. At the least communication should be kept to keep buyers in the loop. Unfortunately none of this will never happen with WCF..

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2015 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

WCF is not a one man shop so that's no excuse. Being Spring time an car shows is no excuse either. They are in Cali where it's nice weather year around. Before moving to the foothills their primary business was boat repair and Fiero Swap parts was a side business. Now from my understanding they are a full time Fiero shop with workers and all. So there should be no excuse for the poor work ethics or piss poor communication u get when talking to Chris. If u have a part for sale on ur site then u should have them on the shelf to ship unless it's noted there is a lead time. At no point should a customer have to wait for 2.5 months for basic mounts, thermostat housing, ect. Their CC should not be charged then no parts show up or tracking info. At the least communication should be kept to keep buyers in the loop. Unfortunately none of this will never happen with WCF..

No one ever mentions the obvious so I will...

I'm sure they are SO busy with all of the hundreds of Fieros in California and their owners with those DEEP wallets that they simply have no time for anything else.....end sarcasm. Most Fiero owners can't even afford a WCF decal let alone any of their services so I'm pretty sure most of the Fiero's in their shop are parts vehicles.

Reality is that they are probably a bunch of lazy asses who work on their buddies Fieros while getting drunk. Then they show up for work when they feel and fulfill customer orders when they feel like it. The quality of most of their parts is complete crap and there have been noted fittment issues with most of their parts. I can't tell you how many people PM me because I am in California and assume that I am near WCF and ask me questions about their business ethic due to not receiving a part they ordered. Reality is that I am nowhere near them and wouldn't take a part for FREE from those guys. I'd rather build it myself or pay someone with some talent to build it for me CORRECTLY.
SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2015 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

I'm sure they are SO busy with all of the hundreds of Fieros in California and their owners with those DEEP wallets that they simply have no time for anything else.....end sarcasm. Most Fiero owners can't even afford a WCF decal let alone any of their services so I'm pretty sure most of the Fiero's in their shop are parts vehicles.

Reality is that they are probably a bunch of lazy asses who work on their buddies Fieros while getting drunk. Then they show up for work when they feel and fulfill customer orders when they feel like it. The quality of most of their parts is complete crap and there have been noted fittment issues with most of their parts. I can't tell you how many people PM me because I am in California and assume that I am near WCF and ask me questions about their business ethic due to not receiving a part they ordered. Reality is that I am nowhere near them and wouldn't take a part for FREE from those guys. I'd rather build it myself or pay someone with some talent to build it for me CORRECTLY.

Absolutely the truth. Parts I order were bad and one welded backwards for the throttle cable. Owner argued tooth and nail at me being wrong. Sent pictures to show him and their response time was HORRIBLE. Never bought from them again nor will I. Rick B

fiberareo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2015 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiberareoSend a Private Message to fiberareoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lol actually laughing right now. Why haven't any you posted pictures of your problems? You're all just heresay hiding behind your computer screens. I'm sure a small business like WCF will do anything to make you all happy with their product. They have been so swamped with work its ridiculous. They work 7 days a week, 12+ hours a day. They cannot stock much because 1) it take a lot of man power, which they currently lack due to some employees being injured and 2) cannot produce stock because that takes a lot of time. Almost everything is made to order except fast moving items. Why don't any of you keyboard heroes go and actually see the shop for yourself. You'll be beyond surprised at what the produce for us in such a small place.

------------------
"I can't do it. I have kids and school and work. I just can't do it man."

fiberareo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2015 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiberareoSend a Private Message to fiberareoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fiberareo

7 posts
Member since Jun 2015

Originally posted by SuperchargedV6:

Absolutely the truth. Parts I order were bad and one welded backwards for the throttle cable. Owner argued tooth and nail at me being wrong. Sent pictures to show him and their response time was HORRIBLE. Never bought from them again nor will I. Rick B

What horrible response time is horrible? A day? A week? I'm not fighting with you but look guys, this is one of the last custom fiero shops left and you keep bashing on it without proof. Show proof!
fiberareo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2015 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiberareoSend a Private Message to fiberareoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fiberareo

7 posts
Member since Jun 2015

So you've never visited WCF? How do you know their work ethic? Next time I stop by the shop would you like me to take pictures to show everyone how small it is? I wonder why there is fitting issues when everything is built on a custom jig? Funniest thing, stopped by today to pick up my muffler and Chris was on the phone with a customer that swore that the bracket was fitted wrong, but during the conversation, the customer discovered it was his own installment that was the problem! Crazy! Can't imagine how much time is wasted with Chris and Steve talking on the phone to help people with situations like these instead of making parts.
PFF
System Bot
FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2015 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by vette7584:

ordered a shifter conversion plate for my 3800 sc swap back at the beginning of may, they finally charged my account on june 8th, but have not received my part. i have tried calling and have filled out the online inquiry form numerous times. no response. anyone have any input or suggestions? i am frustrated

They have an online inquiry form!?
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2015 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fiberareo:

So you must be one of the drunk buddies that I mentioned.
fiberareo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2015 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiberareoSend a Private Message to fiberareoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So you must be one of the drunk buddies that I mentioned.

You have some issues with red herring attacks (A Red Herring is a fallacy in which an irrelevant topic is presented in order to divert attention from the original issue. The basic idea is to "win" an argument by leading attention away from the argument and to another topic) <- just in case you had no idea what "red herring" means. I'm just a local. I'm sorry if I ruined your slamming campaign with some rudiment dissection of presented claims. I just find it funny how no one posts pictures of these mistakes.. clear pictures.

------------------
"I can't do it. I have kids and school and work. I just can't do it man."

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2015 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most people don't waste time posting pictures of garbage parts. It's like being proud of a major failure. For me, I simply cut my losses and throw the part away and never do business with the people again. Then either make it myself or if it requires a jig, take it to any one of several shops that I personally do business with and have it made to the highest quality. Simple as that.
SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2015 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Most people don't waste time posting pictures of garbage parts. It's like being proud of a major failure. For me, I simply cut my losses and throw the part away and never do business with the people again. Then either make it myself or if it requires a jig, take it to any one of several shops that I personally do business with and have it made to the highest quality. Simple as that.

Did the same IMSA and my problem was about 7 years ago so I don't waste time saving a tutorial like fiberareo would like and I do not bash them all the times I see people blasting them for bad parts. Of the 20 or more post telling how WCF stinks I have posted in two so in case you have a hard time understanding that I do not bash them regularly nor do you regulate if I am allowed to say they stink. Grow Up, Get a life and get off of the WCF computer. It isn't hard to know with a new account you are part of the company. The owner screwed me over and never offer to fix my problems nor a refund after full pictures showing the problems with his horrible work. That sucks and many more have had the same exact issues. Rick B

[This message has been edited by SuperchargedV6 (edited 06-22-2015).]

fiberareo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2015 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiberareoSend a Private Message to fiberareoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's alright. I guess I'm mature enough to support my claims through evidence. If I wanted to say your car was trash, you'd ask me to "prove it," and with your logic, I'd say "Oh, well you see its garbage anyways so I wont waste my time." But no one thinks of it like that. Just knowing the business myself, everything stated here is completely false and people haven't ever seen the actual building or machines or people working their. I'm not taking any sides. They are usually very busy, so that can cause issues if customers don't understand that. BUT HEY! I have no idea what I'm talking about and just a drunk local.

fiberareo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2015 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiberareoSend a Private Message to fiberareoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fiberareo

7 posts
Member since Jun 2015

Originally posted by SuperchargedV6:

Did the same IMSA and my problem was about 7 years ago so I don't waste time saving a tutorial like fiberareo would like and I do not bash them all the times I see people blasting them for bad parts. Of the 20 or more post telling how WCF stinks I have posted in two so in case you have a hard time understanding that I do not bash them regularly nor do you regulate if I am allowed to say they stink. Grow Up, Get a life and get off of the WCF computer. It isn't hard to know with a new account you are part of the company. The owner screwed me over and never offer to fix my problems nor a refund after full pictures showing the problems with his horrible work. That sucks and many more have had the same exact issues. Rick B

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

vette7584

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2015 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vette7584Send a Private Message to vette7584Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok, last update. as you have all read in my past post, i asked for information as to to when my part would ship and a tracking number. well, get this, on my way home from work tonight, 7:30 est, a call came in from wcf fiero, i didnt answer as i was driving. they left a message, it was a female, with the tracking number, well after it was delivered. i will not purchase from them again.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2015 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seems this Thread got things moving as after 70 days after ordering the parts a friend's parts finally shipped...I mean no matter what anyone will say 7 days to deliver parts is just not acceptable especially with zero communication.

And with so much business it sounds like a few more ppl can be hired to keep up with the work load. That way parts get out in a timely manner and then WCF name stops getting trashed from poor customer service and getting parts out. And the excuse of them being busy and short ppl is not a valid excuse as that has been there business ethics for the last 10 years..

Just my opinion on the subject..
fiberareo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2015 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiberareoSend a Private Message to fiberareoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow what parts took 70 days??
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2015 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steel:

I don't agree with their parts being 'quality'. Their 3800 swap mounts are very weak, they aren't 1/4" and if you pull any kind of real power these mounts fail.. mine literally folded at the weld in two spots. There are multiple threads about it as well if someone wants to dig. The 1/4" copies of these mounts from Purple reign are far superior, as are the the original design FieroX mounts. Also the welds are hit and miss with this company, I've had orders with impeccable welds and orders that were absolutely terrible full of pin holes and slag/slop.

I know a guy now running a 3800 in 12 flat on those mounts. I am not exactly gentle and my WCF mounts were installed 7 years ago. They still look like new. I did a 3800Sc swap for a guy a while back and he was a maniac. The WCF mounts lasted there too. Could it be that your dog bone isn't working? Purple Reigns mounts were 1/4" steel but from what I can see the weak spot in the mount is the bracket to mount bolt and all fabricators have used the same size bolts . As for the welds, mine look to be well done and neat. Unless the quality has changed what we have seen from WCF has been of good quality. I can post pictures if you like. I have not had a bad experience dealing with WCF but I can believe that their deliveries slip once in a while.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2015 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fiberareo:

wow what parts took 70 days??

All of them as thats how long he has waited from the day he orders to finally getting info on them shipping. With no communication I can't say exactly what part took so long or if it was multiple parts. I can all that was ordered was basic swap parts such as mounts, thermostat housing, ect..
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2015 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MstangsBware

11509 posts
Member since Mar 2002

I know a guy now running a 3800 in 12 flat on those mounts. I am not exactly gentle and my WCF mounts were installed 7 years ago. They still look like new. I did a 3800Sc swap for a guy a while back and he was a maniac. The WCF mounts lasted there too. Could it be that your dog bone isn't working? Purple Reigns mounts were 1/4" steel but from what I can see the weak spot in the mount is the bracket to mount bolt and all fabricators have used the same size bolts . As for the welds, mine look to be well done and neat. Unless the quality has changed what we have seen from WCF has been of good quality. I can post pictures if you like. I have not had a bad experience dealing with WCF but I can believe that their deliveries slip once in a while.

Over the years I believe it's safe to say WCF has went thru a few welder/fabricaters. I say this because the quality of welds on the years have varied from mounts I ordered from them. Not saying this is the reason for failure 100% of thr time but a possibility.

edfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2015 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for edfieroSend a Private Message to edfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stand by for an update on WCF. I decided to take a chance on one of their Catback's for my SD4 project.
Took them 3 weeks to ship, and then charged my card about 130 bucks for shipping costs, without mentioning this when I placed the order. (I think Fierostore charges less than half that to ship their catback)
So they aren't off to a great start with me, but if the quality is good, I'll over look. UPS scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock