FieroAddiction Website by omninate
Started on: 06-15-2015 09:19 AM
Replies: 14 (1310 views)
Last post by: dobey on 07-01-2015 03:39 PM
omninate

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2015 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for omninateClick Here to visit omninate's HomePageSend a Private Message to omninateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Many forum posts about engine swaps referred to FieroAddiction(.com), which is no longer active. I reached out to RockCrawl directly and was granted permission to resurrect the site content. It is available on my website for now, until I can get "FieroAddiction(.com)" transferred over to me. I've reformatted the site to be mobile-friendly, but have not changed the actual procedures or technical information. Here is the link: http://www.nathanbittinger.com/fieroaddiction/

[This message has been edited by omninate (edited 06-15-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2015 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Much appreciated.
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2015 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good call!

I was pulling bits of info when needed via the Internet Archive's "Wayback Machine" ...this is a much better method!

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

Slammed

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2015 03:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent! Thanks a million
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2015 06:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool! Jon always had a bunch of good info. (Good craftsmanship, too.)
omninate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2015 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for omninateClick Here to visit omninate's HomePageSend a Private Message to omninateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was pulling bits of info when needed via the Internet Archive's "Wayback Machine" ...this is a much better method!

Yep, I used the Internet Way Back Machine to grab all of the original content, got permission from RockCrawl, and modified the formatting.

I'm glad you guys find it useful! I'm working with another old, but highly-referenced, site to do the same thing for another resource that has been lost - more to come.
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2015 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you! I am going to put his turbo N* up for sale and this information will help a lot. I'm cutting back on my Fiero collection.
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2015 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love the site, You should start selling his old parts too.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2015 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jon (Rockcrawl) was an excellent designer, mechanic and fabricator of swap parts. He came on real strong in the late 1990's doing a 4.9L , 3800, N* , 3400 swaps and a kit car. After a couple of years he faded out of the hobby as fast as he came into it. It was good of him to share his swap tips and web content with us. The last Fiero that he owned was a N* turbo Fiero. Jon may still have that car but I haven't seen him at the PA shows in years.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-16-2015 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:
... The last Fiero that he owned was a N* turbo Fiero. ...

Refer to Dratt's prior post.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2015 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:
Refer to Dratt's prior post.

Missed it. I guess that Jon sold everything Fiero related.
I find it odd that someone who was so interested and involved in this hobby would make an exit from it after two years. Jon was a good guy that contributed much to the Fiero community and gladly shared his knowledge of projects. I guess that Jon changed his lifestyle, interests and moved on. Its great to hear that the Fiero Addiction web material will be back online. You add this to what Ryan at Sinister has done (another great guy IMO) and you will have a virtual swap guide covering 3800SC, Ls4, and 4.9L swaps.
------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 06-19-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
Eric_PA

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2015 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Eric_PASend a Private Message to Eric_PAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's great to see some of his work back online. Jon's a great guy and friend who has helped out many for a longer period of time than many may have realized. We all move on to new and different things as we get older. I was out of fieros for quite some time and just last year i gave it one more try. Stopped over at Jon's place and he laughed and said thought you were done with those too. In any case glad to see some of that info back up.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 06:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got a PDF of IRM's old Quad 4 installation manual, if you want to add it to the site.
Since IRM is long gone, I'm guessing it's now "public domain".

If you want it, and I don't see your response, here, please shoot me a PM.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 06-30-2015).]

Quad Raider

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2015 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad RaiderSend a Private Message to Quad RaiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd love to see that Quad 4 swap manual.

[This message has been edited by Quad Raider (edited 07-01-2015).]

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post07-01-2015 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

I've got a PDF of IRM's old Quad 4 installation manual, if you want to add it to the site.
Since IRM is long gone, I'm guessing it's now "public domain".

If you want it, and I don't see your response, here, please shoot me a PM.

Pretty sure it's not public domain (the author hasn't been dead for 70 years I'm sure). Does it state a copyright on it? I'm guessing it doesn't. Was any of the property/rights sold off over the years? I know Arraut has a lineage through multiple owners and names, was IRM in the mix any where?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock