Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  I'm drained of motivation to finish this thing.. Final stretch...

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
I'm drained of motivation to finish this thing.. Final stretch... by IanT720
Started on: 06-09-2015 07:33 PM
Replies: 13 (553 views)
Last post by: DKcustoms on 06-14-2015 02:13 PM
IanT720

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2015 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys not sure exactly what this post is for but I need some motivation to get this thing finished... When I was 17 I swapped a 3800sc into my 86 SE, I drive it for a year of two and it was awesome but eventually the worn out front suspension caught up with me... I got a roller 87 GT and the plan was to swap my 3800sc into it and turbo it. Everything has been apart for 2 years now, and I've been grinding away at it... I'm getting close to finishing it but man it's hard to keep pushing myself, and spending money I don't have...

So far I installed a st3 cam, and swapped the whole engine in. I installed the whole suspension after coating the bare frame, new shocks/springs, bushings and joints. Everything in the brake system is new, I added a ton of sound insulation, custom stereo, custom gauges, and almost finished assembling the interior. I have the turbo, and crossover, and made the oil lines for it, exhaust is going to be a nightmare. The fuel system was crazy with a returnless setup I made, I have an over sized radiator that I have to heavily modify the front end for.. It's going to be nuts... Like I said I have no idea what this post is for, I guess I just never get to talk to people about my car since its been garaged for years now... I really want nothing more then to cruise and race it... Oh well, gotta keep grinding. I want to have it driving by the 4th. I have no time with college, and am taking summer classes... No money, and 5 other projects too... It will not sit for another winter...

------------------
1987 Fiero GTX 3800 Turbo... My Build, ST3 Cam, Lowered, Wheels, and pics enjoy!//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089483.html

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2015 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You pull up to a red light on a hot summer day. You have been enjoying your cruise but from your side mirror, you see a C4 corvette pulling up. The guy driving it happens to be the guy you hated from high school.
Of course, he was extremely rich and his parents bought him his car.

Your Fiero on the other hand looks a little beat up, paint is faded and he says "nice car" with a hint of sarcasm and then revs up his engine.
You of course respond and rev up your engine as well. The light turns green and BOOM! you of course pull away right from the start and get an ever lasting lead on him to where he becomes a spec in your rear view mirror.

THAT

That feeling of "I built this and beat you" feeling is the feeling you NEED to feel to complete the car. Imagine the look on peoples faces when you fly by and people go "what was that, and where can I get one?"

I hope that story was helpful, because a buddy of mine had that exact story happen, and he will tell you it was the best feeling on earth.

Now, go get in that garage or where ever and finish your car!
------------------
Every fiero has a story, It's our job to keep that story alive.

[This message has been edited by zzzhuh (edited 06-09-2015).]

tebailey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2015 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zzzhuh:

You pull up to a red light on a hot summer day. You have been enjoying your cruise but from your side mirror, you see a C4 corvette pulling up. The guy driving it happens to be the guy you hated from high school.
Of course, he was extremely rich and his parents bought him his car.

Your Fiero on the other hand looks a little beat up, paint is faded and he says "nice car" with a hint of sarcasm and then revs up his engine.
You of course respond and rev up your engine as well. The light turns green and BOOM! you of course pull away right from the start and get an ever lasting lead on him to where he becomes a spec in your rear view mirror.

THAT

That feeling of "I built this and beat you" feeling is the feeling you NEED to feel to complete the car. Imagine the look on peoples faces when you fly by and people go "what was that, and where can I get one?"

I hope that story was helpful, because a buddy of mine had that exact story happen, and he will tell you it was the best feeling on earth.

Now, go get in that garage or where ever and finish your car!

I did that same thing with my truck. I had an old rusty dented 66 chevy 1/2 ton. Some hot shot rich kid pulled up next to me in his new 454 Monte Carlo that daddy bought for him. Light turned and all he saw was the back of my truck getting smaller in front of him. Under the hood of my truck sat a 68 472 caddy engine. The last year of the high compression engine putting out 420 horse and 550ftlbs of torque. The look on his face as he disappeared in my rear view mirror, priceless.
zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2015 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tebailey:

Under the hood of my truck sat a 68 472 caddy engine. The last year of the high compression engine putting out 420 horse and 550ftlbs of torque. The look on his face as he disappeared in my rear view mirror, priceless.

Some are all about looks, I think performance is more important. Great story.
IanT720

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2015 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tebailey:

I did that same thing with my truck. I had an old rusty dented 66 chevy 1/2 ton. Some hot shot rich kid pulled up next to me in his new 454 Monte Carlo that daddy bought for him. Light turned and all he saw was the back of my truck getting smaller in front of him. Under the hood of my truck sat a 68 472 caddy engine. The last year of the high compression engine putting out 420 horse and 550ftlbs of torque. The look on his face as he disappeared in my rear view mirror, priceless.

Thats what I needed guys, hopefully I could take on some C6's and C7's ... That chevy sounds badass, I'd love a C10. Its just all the little things needed to finish the car, its driving me nuts!!! I just want it done so bad you know? Okay, thanks to the guys that replied, the Fiero family is strong

------------------
1987 Fiero GTX 3800 Turbo... My Build, ST3 Cam, Lowered, Wheels, and pics enjoy!//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089483.html

Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2015 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its just nutts and bolts

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2015 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd say dont set hard deadlines if money and life will get in the way, let yourself enjoy it. 5 opther projects? Stop some of them. Dont add anything right now that wont make it run and drive.
Go to some Fiero shows and see your motivation.
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post06-11-2015 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IanT720:

Thats what I needed guys, hopefully I could take on some C6's and C7's ... That chevy sounds badass, I'd love a C10. Its just all the little things needed to finish the car, its driving me nuts!!! I just want it done so bad you know? Okay, thanks to the guys that replied, the Fiero family is strong

You've only had it apart for 2 years? Luxury!

Mine's been sitting for 4 years, and not having the shifter being an extension of my right arm for that long is really making me miss driving it. But I'm trying to make some real progress and get her restored and back on the road. Don't know how long it will take, but I'm going to get it done.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2015 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Long distance relationships rarely work.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 06-11-2015).]

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2015 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a '77 dodge van in high school. Custom 400cc engine. The kids with their monte carlos, chrysler lebarons' etc used to tease me. One day, we got out on the highway, and they wanted to race, and started before I could respond. I figured, now is as good a time as any. They didn't have a prayer. No more teasing about my wheels. They were lucky. I could've had the van with the 318, or the 'cuda. The 400 was the slow one. The 'cuda was a factory racer.

I was down by the creek a few weeks ago, and someone got their ”mud truck” stuck. I'd driven the '92 Suburban 2500 with the 7.4L 4-barrel carbs. I relaxed and watched while the others tore up their tacomas, ridgeline, and frontier. When they figured all was lost, I hooked up the suburban, and pulled the ”mud truck” out. Yep, slower than a turtle, but anything you pull with the Suburban moves--even without mud tires.

Build your cars to suit yourself, then enjoy them.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2015 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is nothing more exciting than smoking those new Mustangs on the street. Those guys think that they are hot stuff well I got news for them; not against what we have.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2015 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

I had a '77 dodge van in high school. Custom 400cc engine.

Did you give this kid a run for his money?

Quad Raider

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2015 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad RaiderSend a Private Message to Quad RaiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

You've only had it apart for 2 years? Luxury!

Mine's been sitting for 4 years, and not having the shifter being an extension of my right arm for that long is really making me miss driving it. But I'm trying to make some real progress and get her restored and back on the road. Don't know how long it will take, but I'm going to get it done.

Amen. If you're almost done, bear down and finish it. I'm at the 4.5 year mark and I'm probably less than half way through.
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2015 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just passed the 3 year mark myself yesterday.
Its frustrating, but it should be finished soon. I just want to drive it once before the snow falls...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock