86 with IRM (Miller-Woods) turbo value by BQUICK
Started on: 06-05-2015 01:38 PM
Replies: 11 (929 views)
Last post by: BQUICK on 08-17-2015 11:04 AM
BQUICK

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2015 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BQUICKSend a Private Message to BQUICKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be moving and losing half my storage capacity. Keeping one Fiero only. Keeping the Stage 2 5-spd 88 and thinking of selling my silver 86 automatic with IRM turbo. It was converted at IRM shop in Rockville, MD 20 some years ago. Maybe 10K miles on the turbo setup.

What is the value range on these? I just sold another car and the person who bought it flipped it for a big profit....don't want to do that again.

Thanks
Bruce
(301) 651-3801
BQUICKS2@yahoo.com

[This message has been edited by BQUICK (edited 06-05-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2015 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BQUICK:

I'll be moving and losing half my storage capacity. Keeping one Fiero only. Keeping the Stage 2 5-spd 88 and thinking of selling my silver 86 automatic with IRM turbo. It was converted at IRM shop in Rockville, MD 20 some years ago. Maybe 10K miles on the turbo setup.

What is the value range on these? I just sold another car and the person who bought it flipped it for a big profit....don't want to do that again.

Thanks
Bruce
(301) 651-3801
BQUICKS2@yahoo.com

I sold a very complete used turbo kit with an installation manual about two years ago for about $1500.

Nelson

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2015 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'll be moving and losing half my storage capacity. Keeping one Fiero only. Keeping the Stage 2 5-spd 88 ..

Not to get off topic but whats makes one a stage 2?
Thanks
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2015 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Miller Woods /Design One 2.8L turbocharger systems were made in the late 80's through the mid 90's. The stage 2 system uses additional boost and has a knock sensor added to the Fiero ECM.
While they were popular back in the day (the list price was over $3,000) IMO with todays engine swaps, the turbo kits are a harder sell and the value may be around $600-$800. Put it up for sale in the MALL and you may get a sale. Its a fast and easy way to up the horsepower of the 2.8L. When I first got into Fiero's I had a 2.8L turbo and I enjoyed it.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2015 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice, how much HP?
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2015 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any idea how difficult the installation is? I might be interested depending on price and (more importantly) ease/difficulty of installation.

------------------
Tim
'87 GT
Med Red Metallic
81K miles
Bay City, MI

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2015 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by trivet:

Any idea how difficult the installation is? I might be interested depending on price and (more importantly) ease/difficulty of installation.

I believe that I misread the op's post. He seems to be selling a GT with the turbo kit installed.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H

BQUICK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2015 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BQUICKSend a Private Message to BQUICKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, complete car with kit. Just wanted a price range for a car in excellent condition.
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2015 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Were you not happy with what you got for the car? I have had the same thing done to me and as long as I got what I wanted from the car, I try not to be jealous. There was a guy on here that used to scoop up my stuff locally and resell it at a good profit on Craigslist. He was shady and I had people contact me afterwards. He eventually got banned. Don't assume that all profit is honest profit...

That said, you will need to post some pictures for anyone to help you with an evaluation. You can also search eBay and look for completed listings that may be close to what you have. Be mindful that some of those listings get posted over and over and over because the price is too high. It just gives you a good starting point. I guess it all depends on how fast you need to move the car.

Best of luck!

EDIT: a Google search brought up one that was listed in 2011. It was an 88 with the Miller-Woods turbo and it looked pristine.
http://www.westcoastfieros....m_posts.asp?TID=2289
http://www.2040-cars.com/Po...2-door-2-8l-1162457/

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Modified stock air canister and base to 3.5 inch for 3800na

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

[This message has been edited by MulletproofMonk (edited 06-07-2015).]

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2015 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes, complete car with kit. Just wanted a price range for a car in excellent condition.

You might want to consider coming to Fieros at Carlisle at the GM Nationals. You can display your car there and get many expert opinions on worth. I have seen many Fieros sold at Carlisle. You've already spread the word that its for sale here, add pictures if you can then state that you will show the car for sale at Carlisle. This may be your best chance of selling the car at a fair price. That's my suggestion.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

amflyer

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2015 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent to you with estimate what your car is worth

------------------
1984 Indy Pace Car\1988 Formula Custom\1986 turbo GT
Founder of Mason Dixon Fiero Owners Group
NYFOC Member

PFF
System Bot
BQUICK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2015 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BQUICKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock