Started on: 06-03-2015 05:43 PM
Replies: 16 (663 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 06-07-2015 09:06 PM
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2015 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageClick Here to Email fierofoolSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was browsing through Parts.Com for OEM Fiero parts and came across this listing. Could it be that the blank slot in the instrument pod was intended for a clock? There's no image but does anyone have any information on the GM part number?

Genuine Factory Pontiac OEM Part - 1987 Pontiac Fiero - GT V6 2.8 Liter GAS
CLOCK- Gauges - ELECTRICAL BODY ELECTRICAL GAUGES CLOCK FIERO
16022478 - Sale Price: $54.74

1987 Pontiac Fiero - GT V6 2.8 Liter GAS - Gauges

Genuine OEM Pontiac CLOCK

$54.74 / each
Part Number

You Save
$13.69
MSRP
$68.43

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post06-03-2015 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doing a quick search, I stumbled upon a page from the 17F parts manual which lists it, but only as 82-83, so I'm pretty sure it's not for a Fiero. I'm not sure which vehicle it's for though.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 555
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2015 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2015 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileyClick Here to Email tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another good one I saw listed on e-bay, power steering filters fits 84 Pontiac Fiero.
88FieroGT TTops

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2015 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FieroGT TTopsClick Here to Email 88FieroGT TTopsSend a Private Message to 88FieroGT TTopsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My clock was in the radio

------------------
Pat Jones

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2015 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageClick Here to Email fierosoundSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a Fiero Digital Quartz Watch, brand new in the box - and it's working....
Nothing fancy - just shows time and date, but has Fiero and Logo on face.

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2015 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageClick Here to Email fierofoolSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I forgot about the clock radio, so I guess another clock would be redundant.

Formula88, I found basically the same ad on GMPartsDirect but it didn't say it wasn't available.

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2015 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Click Here to Email 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88FieroGT TTops:

My clock was in the radio

I was going to say that myself, just where would another clock go in the Fiero dash and has anyone eve seen one?

I don't think after they started putting the clocks in the radios anything came with a separate clock unless no radio was ordered and even then where would they put it.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 06-05-2015).]

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 555
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2015 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:
Formula88, I found basically the same ad on GMPartsDirect but it didn't say it wasn't available.

I was hoping to find a picture. Available or not, it is a part number in the system for a "Fiero Clock." I'm curious what it actually was.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2015 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

I was hoping to find a picture. Available or not, it is a part number in the system for a "Fiero Clock." I'm curious what it actually was.

If you google the part number is it for many GM vehicles. Maybe it is something that was a stick-on thing.

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-05-2015 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

In some systems. From what I can see, all those GM parts site which list it for a Fiero, are just re-branded versions of the same site/data, and this part number being listed for a Fiero is incorrect.

The only place I've seen it listed in a somewhat valid context so far, is the 17F parts manual for 1982-83 F-body. The site where I saw that page seems to be down now though, so I can't load it again at the moment.
PFF
System Bot
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2015 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Click Here to Email css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

I was going to say that myself, just where would another clock go in the Fiero dash and has anyone eve seen one?

I don't think after they started putting the clocks in the radios anything came with a separate clock unless no radio was ordered and even then where would they put it.

Come to think of it, was there ever a Fiero with no radio? I suppose its likely that by 1984 the radio (without cassette) was standard and there was no radioless version.

I used to have a Nova which had no radio; it had just a blank plate that said "Nova" on it, but that was a decade before the Fiero.

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-05-2015 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

Come to think of it, was there ever a Fiero with no radio? I suppose its likely that by 1984 the radio (without cassette) was standard and there was no radioless version.

I used to have a Nova which had no radio; it had just a blank plate that said "Nova" on it, but that was a decade before the Fiero.

Yes. Radio delete was option UL5.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2015 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageClick Here to Email fierofoolSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

Yes. Georgia Fieros Courtesy Car was a bare bones '88 base coupe. The original owner told me he had a simple am/fm non-stereo aftermarket radio installed after he bought it. It even had a plug in the antenna hole instead of an antenna mast. The radio filler plate was still in the trunk.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 06-06-2015).]

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post06-07-2015 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dads 2014 mopar 200 hard top convert has the radio clock and a very nice gold trimmed white faced analog clock , it doesn't look out of place,
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2015 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Click Here to Email css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

The radio filler plate was still in the trunk.

That's awesome! I'd love to see a pic if anyone ever gets a chance. I like oddly-optioned cars for some reason.

Now that I say that, I'll probably find one next time I go to the junkyard...

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2015 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageClick Here to Email fierofoolSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Club members have upgraded the car with tilt column, delay wipers, Grand Prix radio, B pillar speakers, trunk release and I don't remember what else. The car has been kept by various members while they worked on it or needed loaner transportation and at some point, the blank face plate was apparently tossed out. At least, it wasn't in the car when it came back to me. It may still be among stray parts at someone else's house or even in my parts cache. Wish I could find it so I could Ebay Auction it as a RARE Fiero item.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock