Where to buy exhaust manifold bolts? by Heretic
Started on: 05-31-2015 09:35 PM
Replies: 8 (564 views)
Last post by: Neils88 on 06-02-2015 01:55 PM
Heretic

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2015 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HereticSend a Private Message to HereticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wanting to replace my exhaust manifold gaskets and looking for new bolts as I'm already missing one. I've checked on Rodney's site and couldn't seem to find anything, unless I'm looking in the wrong spot.

Wondering where to get them other then The Fiero Store? Their shipping to Canada is insane for a few bolts.

Thanks, Chris.

------------------
86 GT

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2015 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If it will help any, the thread pattern is M8-1.25 but you will have to get the length from one of your existing bolts. Then you should be able to find them locally and save a ton of cash. Just make sure to get the highest grade for strength.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 05-31-2015).]

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2015 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What motor --- ?
Heretic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2015 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HereticSend a Private Message to HereticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

If it will help any, the thread pattern is M8-1.25 but you will have to get the length from one of your existing bolts. Then you should be able to find them locally and save a ton of cash. Just make sure to get the highest grade for strength.

Awesome. Thanks!

Steve, it's a 2.8.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2015 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have a Midas Muffler or other large muffler franchise store up there? They may have them or have a source.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2015 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I suggest stud and nuts instead of bolts. Easier to remove later.
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2015 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Listing from the FIERO Store --- (EXHAUST / HARDWARE)

85-88 V6 Exhaust Manifold Bolt
Hardened grade 10 aftermarket manifold bolt that holds the V6 manifolds to the cylinder heads. Sold individually.

Part # 69843 Price: $1.50 each

Or any parts store should be able to hook you up with a stud/nut arrangement thru DORMAN PRODUCTS - Info can be found at Rock Auto - tools and universal parts - hardware/stud --- m8-1.25 into the head - choice of length and nut mount thread. Don't know how Rock Auto ships to your area...,
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2015 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I seem to remember people recommending maybe Scion studs and nuts ? You definately want studs and nuts...not bolts. You have double the chance of being able to remove them if ever needed.
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2015 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought mine at "The Parts Source".

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock