Started on: 05-30-2015 02:10 AM
Replies: 4 (119 views)
Last post by: Tuna Helper on 05-31-2015 07:45 AM
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2015 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need some work done to my Fiero. Two problems. One, I don't have a lot of money. Two, most shops around here either don't want to work on my car or don't have any idea what they're doing. (I have an '87 GT with a n/a 3800.) I need a few things done. First and most importantly, I need the oil pan gasket changed. (At least, I think that's the problem. There's oil all over the pan but little to none anywhere else and it marks its spot when it's parked.) Second, I need someone to figure out what's wrong with my rattly suspension. Finally (and this would be later in the season as parts money allows), I need someone to change out my A/C compressor and A/C hoses.

Here's my thought. I have a bunch of parts for sale. I'd like to trade parts for work. (See my threads here and here.) I'd prefer someone within about an hour of Peru, Indiana.

If no mechanic types need parts, I still need someone to do the work.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2015 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM
Tuna Helper

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2015 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tuna HelperSend a Private Message to Tuna HelperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't have a 2.8 anymore. but is there anything under it crossmember wise or cradle wise? I may have access to a lift and could do it easily. The rattly suspension may be the brake pads, but thats just speculation. As for the compressor and hoses, thats a maybe for me. Hard to say.
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2015 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
olejoedad --- PM replied to.

tuna helper --- I don't remember what's under anything. I just peeked under the car when they were changing the oil. Someone mentioned maybe having to loosen a motor mount and lift the engine a little but I don't know. Oh, and I don't have a 2.8, either. I have a n/a 3800.
Tuna Helper

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2015 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tuna HelperSend a Private Message to Tuna HelperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That front motor mount unit will have to come off to change the pan gasket.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock