Coilover Pillowball Camber Kit? by mr_corean
Started on: 05-25-2015 05:10 AM
Replies: 3 (227 views)
Last post by: mr_corean on 05-30-2015 01:03 AM
mr_corean

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2015 05:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mr_coreanSend a Private Message to mr_coreanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/160...e=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Does anyone have any experience with these? Would the work necessary to make them useful be worth it? Would they even be useful or is the camber adjustable enough in stock form to make these a waste of time?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2015 06:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a guess but A) I don't think those would have much effect on the camber as the adjustment point is so far away from the axis. And B) even if it does some how offer reasonable adjustment, the only reason to have that would be for easier access if you felt the need to change it frequently (without the benefit of being able to tell what the actual camber is). As it is, the rear adjustment is pretty easy to do. If I were gonna throw a hundred buck at something for my car, that probably wouldn't be it.

[This message has been edited by Taijiguy (edited 05-25-2015).]

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2015 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I only see these being of benefit on the 88's. They would allow you to drive your car to the autocross track, add a fixed amount of negative camber, race for the day, then return the camber back to near stock before leaving. The reason I limit this to the 88's, they are the only year where rear camber doesn't effect rear toe. On the 84-87s once you added more negative camber, you would have to readjust the toe as the rear tierods would cause a severe toe in condition when the top of the struts are pulled in.

To use this kit, you will have to enlarge the hole in the top of the strut to gain access to the adjusting bolts as well as the make room for the strut shaft to move.

On my 88, I relocated the top strut mount 1" further inboard using some relatively simple mods, but didn't want it to be an adjustable amount like the one above.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/F...2/HTML/120740-2.html
mr_corean

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2015 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mr_coreanSend a Private Message to mr_coreanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't plan on buying a set since I don't adjust my camber very often, but for the continuation of learning, would a set of these on a pre '88 car with the bump steer fix where the tie rod is moved to the control arm have a similar effect as an '88 car?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock