Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Is anyone in my area that can offer advice on my 3 cars?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Is anyone in my area that can offer advice on my 3 cars? by MadProfessor8138
Started on: 05-24-2015 07:14 PM
Replies: 21 (543 views)
Last post by: MadProfessor8138 on 05-27-2015 11:02 PM
MadProfessor8138

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2015 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadProfessor8138Send a Private Message to MadProfessor8138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm new to the group so I want to say hello to everyone.....

I'm wanting to find out if anyone is in my area and can stop by to help me evaluate my 3 cars.
I just bought 2 v8 cars with the 4.9 conversions and a stock v6 car which will be upgraded to a 3800sc soon.
The best part is that I gave $1,500 for all 3 cars because the gentleman just wanted to get rid of them.
If anyone is in my area I would appreciate some help evaluating the cars to see what is right and what is wrong....
Thanks, Kevin. Ekron,Kentucky.......10 minutes from Ft.Knox
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2015 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the Forum!

I am a graduate of Ft. Knox!!
MadProfessor8138

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2015 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadProfessor8138Send a Private Message to MadProfessor8138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for the welcome...it is greatly appreciated.
Graduate from Ft.Knox?....military or high school?
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2015 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome. I'm sure there's someone in you area that came help. I was a Ft. Knox guy-signal school
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2015 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are only 2 hrs from my wife's temp housing in Nicholasville, KY, but unfortunately this is the last weekend we will be in KY. The girls are out of school on Thursday this week and they are driving up to IL where I relocated about 7 months ago. I don't know when I will be back in KY again.

I would still like to see pics of the cars. A friend had a 4.9/isuzu/88 and a 3.4/isuzu/88 in storage and he sold them both for $500 to a guy that was going to scrap them in Nicholasville, KY. Curious if these car made it your way, as I did the 4.9 swap (for another friend), and swapped the 3.4 into the 88 4cyl coupe.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2015 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadProfessor8138:

Thank you for the welcome...it is greatly appreciated.
Graduate from Ft.Knox?....military or high school?

Basic Training. Viet Nam era.... hottest summer of my life...

edit: Salute to all the Vets on this Memorial Day!

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 05-25-2015).]

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2015 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome, and congrats on the purchase. Are these running, driving cars? If so, perhaps a quick trip to the Dells with one?

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 05-25-2015).]

GreenPlatypus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2015 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GreenPlatypusSend a Private Message to GreenPlatypusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Start with pictures and go from there. Make sure to get some of the usual rust prone areas. I should have seen this earlier, you are about a 45 minute to hour drive from me.
MadProfessor8138

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2015 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadProfessor8138Send a Private Message to MadProfessor8138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ft.Knox hot ?!....lol
I'm actually originally from the back woods of Missouri,pronounced (Misery)...about 50 miles deeper in the woods than Ft.Lost in the woods....now that's a warm summer...lol

The only pics that I have of the cars right now is from a few weeks ago when I got them all to my house and was getting them unloaded,that was a very busy and long day.
Unfortunately,I have been putting out other fires and haven't been able to start evaluating the cars until now...believe me,those cars setting there for the past few weeks has been killing me....luckily I am at the point now that I can start on them.
I will be sure to post some detailed pics by this coming weekend....but in the meantime I will post what I have and give a quick rundown on the cars from the info that I know at present.

85 black has original 6 cylinder and fires right up and engine sounds great..it has a clutch issue though.
88 red has a 4.9 but needs wired and correctly aligned on the cradle.
85 black GT on the trailer has 4.9 but needs wired....it had a 4.9 in it previously but something happened to it and it needed to be replaced.

GreenPlatypus.....yeah,I can be anywhere from 20-45 minutes from you depending on where you're at in the Ville.....I would greatly appreciate an educated opinion if you get a chance to swing down my way.
MadProfessor8138

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2015 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadProfessor8138Send a Private Message to MadProfessor8138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MadProfessor8138

351 posts
Member since May 2015
Okay guys....no laughing when I ask this question.
I can't seem to figure out how to post pics of the cars.....
Any advice?

------------------
Suffer no dilusions.....you're nothing in my world

no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2015 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some members prefer PIP, some use outside image hosting like Imgur.
PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2015 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pip pictures stay on the thead almost for ever others do not.
MadProfessor8138

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2015 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadProfessor8138Send a Private Message to MadProfessor8138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not familiar with PIP but did manage to find a few posts on here and a download address.....is there a version compatible with the iPhone though?
I use my iPhone exclusively for my internet connection.
Would really like to get some pics posted.....

[This message has been edited by MadProfessor8138 (edited 05-26-2015).]

Gall757

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2015 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PIP works with windows.....so no go.

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 05-26-2015).]

fastblack

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2015 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PIP does not work with an iPhone. You'll have to host the pictures on some other image hosting site and then copy the "direct link" of that image. When you're posting a reply, click the "Image" button and paste the link you just copied.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2015 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I use my iPhone exclusively for my internet connection.
Would really like to get some pics posted.....

There are a lot of us who'd like to see pictures of these cars posted here. If you want, send your best half-dozen pictures to the email address in my Profile and I'll post them for you.
MadProfessor8138

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2015 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadProfessor8138Send a Private Message to MadProfessor8138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just sent Patrick a few pics of the cars from when I brought them home a few weeks ago....it was a very long day and I was extremely tired so I just snapped a few pics and called it a night....not much detail shown.
I will post more pics this weekend with greater detail of each car once I get my computer setup to allow me to do so....

Thanks to Patrick for taking the time and effort to help me out on this one.....
Kevin ... A.K.A : MadProfessor8138
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2015 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks to Patrick for taking the time and effort to help me out on this one...

You're welcome, Kevin. Here's the pictures (batch converted with Irfanview to 1024 pixels in width and ≤ 300 kb in size and posted with PIP).

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 05-27-2015).]

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2015 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The one on the trailer looks plasti-dipped.
MadProfessor8138

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2015 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadProfessor8138Send a Private Message to MadProfessor8138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It does look that way but it's not........the paint is just faded pretty bad.
For what I gave for all 3 cars....he could have used Krylon for all I care.....lmao
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2015 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's your plan for the cars? Going to keep the best and flip the others...or fix them all up and drive them all? (You mentioned plans for a 3800...)
PFF
System Bot
MadProfessor8138

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2015 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadProfessor8138Send a Private Message to MadProfessor8138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The plan at the moment is to fix the clutch issue with the black/6 cylinder and drive it while I'm building a 3800sc for it.
Just had a friend of mine look at the black/4.9 tonight and he seems to think the wiring issues aren't that severe so hopefully it will be running soon also.
The red/v8 will be the last one fixed.....not sure what I'm going to do with it at this point.
But to answer your question.....yes,I plan to get them all running and then decide on the red one.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock