Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Has anyone had issues with FIEROFLYER? (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Has anyone had issues with FIEROFLYER? by kawana
Started on: 05-23-2015 01:23 PM
Replies: 121 (5578 views)
Last post by: NIT WIT on 10-28-2019 07:50 PM
kawana

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2015 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kawanaClick Here to visit kawana's HomePageSend a Private Message to kawanaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Edit: 1 month since this was posted and Dan is nowhere to be found. Let this be a warning to anyone who plans in doing business with this man. He is a liar and a theif.

Not making any accusations yet, but I've been having trouble getting ahold of FIEROFLYER after paying for a wiring harness. My harness was apparently being shipped off around the 13th, which given the fact that it only took 4ish days for my harnesses to get to him, has me concerned. For the moment I'm assuming he's busy, but I'm wondering if anyone has had problems with him?

edit: over a month since my harness was supposed to have arrived at my home. Over a month since last contact. Dan is a straight up scammer, do not trust him. Even if I get my money back, he has still stollebn 2 harnesses from me, which be will no doubt turn around and sell to someone else.

[This message has been edited by kawana (edited 06-23-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2015 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This seems to be an ongoing issue with him. You can search for threads by his screen name and see how many people have been in your position. There are multiple posts with the same questions as yourself. They all seem to get resolved eventually but it seems that there is VERY little communication.
FieroFastBackL67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2015 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFastBackL67Send a Private Message to FieroFastBackL67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sinces he is in Canada from what I know... I am also going to get him to make me a harness. From what I have read in other threads about him they all say he is a good guy and he has had a few mix ups but has always resolved any issues. I wouldn't worry at all. Multiple posts say lots of positive things and repeat customers. Good luck with your build :-)
Lunatic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2015 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LunaticSend a Private Message to LunaticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I heard, in another discussion, that he was moving. Perhaps this is the setback. I'd give it another week and see what happens. He does come through.
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2015 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lunatic:

I heard, in another discussion, that he was moving. Perhaps this is the setback. I'd give it another week and see what happens. He does come through.

Moving does not prevent a person from having phone or email access. This ain't the 1960's. Did the same crap with me when a slew of problems arose with my swap that he did. It was never his fault, and he suddenly didn't have time to work on my car.....(as soon as he had my money)

FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2015 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cam go away I stopped working on your car after you threatened me and insulted my family, and all work agreed upon had been done.
I have been setting up new shop so been out a lot two packages were sent out a while ago and I am no longer taking orders till after move, now that I am actually home for a bit I will be hitting post office first thing Monday morning to see what is going on
kawana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2015 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kawanaClick Here to visit kawana's HomePageSend a Private Message to kawanaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alright Dan, I have no problems with waiting a little longer if you're busy with life stuff, but when I drop $400 on something then the seller stops all communication, its understandable that I might get concerned. All I needed was a quick email saying whats going on.
Quad GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2015 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I dealt with Dan once and all I can say he was a gentleman and went out of his way to remedy the issue I had with a certain Fiero I bought
He took time out to check out the car completely and after I decided to scrap it he never charged me for his inspection which he lost a better half of the day doing it
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post05-24-2015 03:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think half the problem is we today expect 24/7 customer service from everything.. Most of those that make or rebuild parts for these cars do it as a side job.. And are not avail. 24/7
Fieroguru I think knew this and decided to not offer anything while in the middle of a move/house hunt..
I think many need to remember these are people with jobs doing side work and have only so many hours in the day.. and sorry to say other things might just be more important that looking at emails..
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2015 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I purchased two harnesses from FieroFlyer and received both which were very well made with zero issues.

[This message has been edited by Steel (edited 05-24-2015).]

cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2015 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you take someone's money and make a promise, then keep your word- or communicate. Instead of making up lies about being "threatened" (where is the proof?)..or making up more lies about mysterious post office delays instead of admitting the truth. It takes one or two days to move. It takes 30 seconds to send an email or make a call to update customers.

If someone asks for money up front, it is a business transaction. Doesn't matter if they do it part time, full time, on the weekends, etc. It is not a favor. Taking someone's money up front, promising delivery by a certain date, and then disappearing for weeks without communication is shady and speaks volumes. If a vendor doesn't have time or resources to keep their promised delivery date, then don't take the money in the first place- DUH... And stop with the endless lies about the post service- that excuse is really getting old, (let me guess..no tracking number again??) This vendor has had many happy customers and many unhappy ones. The OP asked about experiences, so this is mine. It is no more and no less valid than the experience of another customer. I hope you get your harness soon. The harness he made for me worked well.

[This message has been edited by cam-a-lot (edited 05-24-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post05-24-2015 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

If you take someone's money and make a promise, then keep your word- or communicate. Instead of making up lies about being "threatened" (where is the proof?)..or making up more lies about mysterious post office delays instead of admitting the truth. It takes one or two days to move. It takes 30 seconds to send an email or make a call to update customers.

If someone asks for money up front, it is a business transaction. Doesn't matter if they do it part time, full time, on the weekends, etc. It is not a favor. Taking someone's money up front, promising delivery by a certain date, and then disappearing for weeks without communication is shady and speaks volumes. If a vendor doesn't have time or resources to keep their promised delivery date, then don't take the money in the first place- DUH... And stop with the endless lies about the post service- that excuse is really getting old, (let me guess..no tracking number again??) This vendor has had many happy customers and many unhappy ones. The OP asked about experiences, so this is mine. It is no more and no less valid than the experience of another customer. I hope you get your harness soon. The harness he made for me worked well.

1 or 2 days to move, are you high..
Adjustso3

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2015 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had my harness done by Dan and he did an awesome job ! He went out of his way to do a couple things for me that I am very greatful for. I think the real hold up is in customs. He told me when he shipped it out and it took over 2 weeks to get to me and that was validated by the shipping date on the box. He may take a couple days to get back to you but always emailed me back. I would recommend you email him instead of PM on here. I won't give out his email address but if you ask him for it before you do business with him would be my suggestion. I had a good experience and would recommend him. All I can say is have a little patience. It's definitely worth the wait.
kawana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2015 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kawanaClick Here to visit kawana's HomePageSend a Private Message to kawanaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
10 days since last contact, still no harness. Getting sick of this.
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2015 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He made a post recently stating he was up to date with all orders and in the process of moving so he would be out of touch for a while.. with no internet.

Hope you get your harness soon, that sucks..
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2015 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree on the time to move. A friend IS moving into his new house. He started in April. He hired a moving company for the initial furniture move. He has a 6 car garage and still cant park any cars in it. Most are still parked in his old houses garages.It would take me a week just to pack everything I wanted and throw away what I didnt...and I live alone.

I also understand about the lack of communication. Everyone has a phone glued to their head or hand these days. Just send an email or text every day or two. Some of my gfs spend 2/3 hours a day texting on their phone. No excuse for no 15 second messages for weeks.

I personally NEVER take ANY money for a job till its done....except for prepayment of special ordered parts or material. Then there are never any problems. Maybe he should start only taking a deposit to cover extra wire and connectors costs in advance. ie/ like say $50-75 deposit. If someone bails, you keep the deposit and your materials are already covered. No one gets bit.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 06-05-2015).]

kawana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2015 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kawanaClick Here to visit kawana's HomePageSend a Private Message to kawanaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dont know, I'm just sick of the lack of communication. All it would have taken is a quick email letting me know whats going on, but instead he straight up ignores my emails. What was supposed to be a 1 week turn around, is coming up on a month. That's really unacceptable no matter how you spin it.
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2015 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I tried to warn others about this guy, but got flamed by his (rather small) fanclub. He is a dishonest flake... blames everyone from the post office, to space aliens for his late deliveries or disappointing work. Every few months he announces that he is finished doing Fiero work due to (____fill in the blank___) reason, then he reappears like .. herpes, looking to do more. His wiring harnesses are actually pretty good from what I have seen. Mine have been fine- it is the rest of his workmanship on my swap that has been crap. My issue is his inability to admit to being wrong, making mistakes, missing a delivery date due to being late, etc. We are all human and we all make mistakes. The difference is that some people actually have the ability to admit being late, having made a mistake, and saying sorry. This guy is missing those basic traits. It is always someone else's fault.

By asking money up front, he is essentially borrowing money from you. If you are promised a product by a certain date, you should have that product OR A FULL REFUND on that day. That's it. This is not a buddy doing you a favor- it is a business transaction. I ordered a bunch of stuff from Rodney this week. He confirmed the order, shipped my stuff on time, DONE! If he didn't have my stuff in stock, he would not have taken my payment or given me a full refund. Why shouldn't people have the same expectation from anyone else? If you bought something on eBay for $400 and the guy didn't ship or communicate, you would have your money back by now.

BTW- the whole "I won't have internet access for a few weeks" is also a pile of crap. While we Canadians all live in igloos and eat seal meat all year long, we do have internet cafes, public libraries, neighbours, friends, department stores,etc where we can log on to web based email and answer our customers' concerns. Anyone who wants to be connected to the web can be, for free, at virtually any time. Since we are on the internet topic, he DID have internet access on June 3 http://www.gtfieros.com/php...wtopic.php?f=8&t=699 trying to sell his cars. See how he has access when he wants your money, but has communication problems when he has your money?

He is also selling an 88 Formula here http://www.kijiji.ca/v-clas...hNavigationFlag=true Just for fun, i used someone else's email address and replied to the ad this morning. IN LESS THAN 5 MINUTES, Fieroflyer replied to me!! So much for not having internet access. (Kawana, Check your PM, I sent the communication to you.) Proof that I am telling the truth

I hope you get your harness or your money back soon. This is really unfair. All the best with your swap

[This message has been edited by cam-a-lot (edited 06-06-2015).]

kawana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2015 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kawanaClick Here to visit kawana's HomePageSend a Private Message to kawanaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Even if I get my money back, Im still out 2 full harnesses. I wish I had read up on this guy more before hand. Last contact he says the package was sitting at the post office, saying it was "Undeliverable" despite the address being correct. No further contact 10 days later.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2015 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steel:

He made a post recently stating he was up to date with all orders and in the process of moving so he would be out of touch for a while.. with no internet.

Here's his post...

Originally posted by FIEROFLYER in This thread:

Will be shutting down for a while now to move and also have some medical issues being dealt with, last harness has been shipped out again and with that there is nothing left owing and nothing left to be worked on by me. Will be shutting down internet connection this week and should have new net up by mid June. I will still be answering Emails once My daughter gets back from her school trip as she took my I phone with her which is my only other means of connection once internet is shut down.

kawana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2015 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kawanaClick Here to visit kawana's HomePageSend a Private Message to kawanaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone who will not be named has PM'd me and said they got in contact with him in under 5min under a new email. And to see for myself, I had a bogus email I used a few days ago for the same reason, and he replied to me in exactly 8 minutes. The times are screwed because of my computer clock, but he's full of crap.

[This message has been edited by kawana (edited 06-06-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
fieromatty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2015 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromattySend a Private Message to fieromattyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Never dealt with him personally, but I am upset for you.

Here is how i feel...
If you don't want to complete a transaction or having trouble filling my order that is fine, just keep me updated.

An informed customer is a happy customer.

We need a good page where we can rate users who sell things. I know we have a 'seller' rating system, but It would be nice to see reviews that contains words and an explanation of what happened and why they were rated as such. I hope you get this straightened out.

-Matty
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2015 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have bought 2 harnesses from Dan and plenty of other things like brackets.

The biggest issue I had was going from the US to Canada. When I sent the money order it took almost 4 weeks for him to get it. It would take me just as long to get the harness back. That wasn't Dans fault, that is just the nature of crossing the border (I know you are inside Canada). I didn't know that the first time and I sort of freaked out a little bit. All my stuff showed up just fine. The second time I learned and ordered my harness 3 months before I needed it.

I know that the lack of communication seems scary, but he seems to make everything right when there is an issue. I also get irritated when people post tech threads and bump it after 2 hours with crap like "What?!?! Nobody has done this before? I see XXX reads and nobody responds! WHAAAAAAAA". People seem to want instant answers to things. I don't know, is this just a sign of the technology today? I remember having to read a magazine to order stuff, then sending in a check and then waiting 8 weeks for it to get delivered. Sometimes I get upset when I can't get 2 day shipping and I have to remind myself of the "Dark Ages" of part ordering. LOL.

I've built some 3800 harnesses now and it takes time to do it right. Recently I was working on my friends Quad 4 harness I looked at the clock and was surprised how long it had been and how little I had gotten done... Seems like I spend more time getting setup and cleaning up rather then working on something...

I'm sure that it will work out for you!

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Modified stock air canister and base to 3.5 inch for 3800na

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

kawana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2015 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kawanaClick Here to visit kawana's HomePageSend a Private Message to kawanaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is no defending this guy, I don't care what experiences you guys have had with him. Firstly, I was told a 1 week turn around from the time my harnesses arrived (we're coming up on 1 month now). He straight up ignores all emails which is shady as ****. Makes up BS excuses. Mine was that it was sitting at the post office marked "undeliverable" despite the address being 100% correct. When I sent the harnesses from BC to him, they got there within 4 days. If he really did send it after our last contact as he claims, I would have had it 8 days ago. I have no problem with delays or the harness taking longer to make, but straight up ignoring emails and making excuses is unacceptable.
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2015 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you pay with Paypal? Maybe you can dispute it and at least get your money back. It is funny that he can reply in 5 minutes to the Kijiji ad where he has a car for sale, but suddenly he has "no internet access" when it comes to responding to a customer who has paid up front and was promised delivery.

I know this guy, and he is full of crap. Excuses galore.... I am really sorry you are going through this

[This message has been edited by cam-a-lot (edited 06-08-2015).]

Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2015 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have nothing bad to say about Dan (fiero flyer). He has helped me a lot with my swap and hooking up the harness. Modding crossover pipe and making an air intake for the v6 canister to the 3800 throttle body.
Started right up. He communicates very well with me, very helpful and informative. No complaints here.
I wish everyone had my experience with him.

------------------
===Always trying to find time to work on cars===
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
"My mind spins like helicopter blades." -G. Rossdale
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
3800sc series 2 swap in progress--IT RUNS !
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Boo" <= '81 Delorean DMC-12
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Peugot 604 Intake manifold
Exhaust headers
Anti-3rd brake light

Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2015 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lou and Blue:

I have nothing bad to say about Dan (fiero flyer). He has helped me a lot with my swap and hooking up the harness. Modding crossover pipe and making an air intake for the v6 canister to the 3800 throttle body.
Started right up. He communicates very well with me, very helpful and informative. No complaints here.
I wish everyone had my experience with him.

Maybe you can contact him for the others?
FieroFastBackL67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2015 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFastBackL67Send a Private Message to FieroFastBackL67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When it comes to business people who are defending him have to realize business is business. Friends and business don't mix. Doesn't matter how anyone looks at it you can NOT defend bad business by being his friend and say ohhh but he's a nice guy I know him. Just saying guys. I run a construction business that's how it works. Friends don't get special treatment business it business end of discussion.... :-/
Sorry if this offends anyone but tough life. Deal with it.
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2015 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lou and Blue:
making an air intake for the v6 canister to the 3800 throttle body.

I hope it was better than the one he made for mine!! LOL https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/095492.html

Fiero Vampire

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2015 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just my 2-cents, for starters I don't know Dan and only have dealt with him on the forum. I have done business with Dan and was completely happy with his work, I have two PCMs that have been programmed by him, a 3800 harness, F-40/3800 mounts and have purchase a few misc items, I did think he was not the best communicator, as I did have a few times of non-communication which I found frustrating, however when he did communicate he was very effective and came through, there was delays on receiving his products but looking at the shipping information wasn't any fault of his but because of the shipping over the Canadian border and being held up by the Canadian government. Personally I would do business again with him without hesitation, I guess you just have to factor these additional factors in to the equation before deciding to order. There is a feedback system with comments, I suggest using it.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2015 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Vampire:

...there was delays on receiving his products but looking at the shipping information wasn't any fault of his but because of the shipping over the Canadian border and being held up by the Canadian government.

Two things to mention here. First, anything that's being shipped into the States from Canada is being held up by US authorities, not Canadian. Secondly, the OP is himself in Canada, so nothing is being shipped across international borders in this situation.

I don't have a dog in the fight, but this total lack of communication in a business transaction is completely unacceptable.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 06-08-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
kawana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2015 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kawanaClick Here to visit kawana's HomePageSend a Private Message to kawanaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump so people can see what a shady guy Dan is being. No contact in ages. Lying about not having internet. My harness coming up on being 3 weeks late.
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2015 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its surprising how people can BS there way through from not having internet.

Looks like Dan got caught red handed. With today's technology, people get e-mails from / on their phones.

I call it bullshit when your with friends are always attached to their phones when your with them, but can't respond
your e-mail within a day. Either they don't care, or just really, really lazy. I have no respect for folks like that.
At least I can respond to an e-mail with-in the time I receive it, and log-off.

Sorta like when you phone and your friends have caller display, and don't answer...
Call and do *67, and a few rings and they answer ! Bingo. They didn't know it was you
because that shows up as private number. Shows who your friends are.

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2015 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MulletproofMonk:

I have bought 2 harnesses from Dan and plenty of other things like brackets.

The biggest issue I had was going from the US to Canada. When I sent the money order it took almost 4 weeks for him to get it. It would take me just as long to get the harness back. That wasn't Dans fault, that is just the nature of crossing the border (I know you are inside Canada). I didn't know that the first time and I sort of freaked out a little bit. All my stuff showed up just fine. The second time I learned and ordered my harness 3 months before I needed it.

Sorry, but you naively fell for his BS... like many others have. I buy and sell products in the USA. I send and receive money to and from the US. It is a pile of crap that it takes weeks to cross the border. When I order something from Rodney or TFS, it is here in 3-5 days. When I send something to the USA, the delivery time is the same. Come on, we are not shipping something to a village in Somalia here.. or some deserted island in the South Pacific. This guy is full of crap, and people fall for it. Why is there never a friggin tracking number?? We do have tracking numbers in Canada, you know!
kawana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2015 05:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kawanaClick Here to visit kawana's HomePageSend a Private Message to kawanaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone have Dans phone number? I'll start bugging him at home if I have to.
kawana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2015 05:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kawanaClick Here to visit kawana's HomePageSend a Private Message to kawanaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kawana

2329 posts
Member since May 2007
**** it, I'm filing a claim and getting my money back. This ******* has completely ruined my project car. I'm now out 2 full harnesses that I put many hours and dollars into pulling. I have no energy or time to get new harnesses, so I am done with this project. Everything is going up for sale. I cannot believe what an ******* that guy is. Completely mind boggling that some of you are defending him, especially after being proven to be a liar. I wish there was more I could do to make this guys life miserable, and get recouped for him stealing 2 of my harnesses. **** you Dan.

[This message has been edited by kawana (edited 06-13-2015).]

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2015 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kawana:

**** it, I'm filing a claim and getting my money back. This ******* has completely ruined my project car. I'm now out 2 full harnesses that I put many hours and dollars into pulling. I have no energy or time to get new harnesses, so I am done with this project. Everything is going up for sale. I cannot believe what an ******* that guy is. Completely mind boggling that some of you are defending him, especially after being proven to be a liar. I wish there was more I could do to make this guys life miserable, and get recouped for him stealing 2 of my harnesses. **** you Dan.

If not receiving ur harness after a month or getting an email from someone makes u decide to give up on a project then it was doomed from the start. While waiting on the harness the whole swap can be completed minus the harness which can be added after its all swapped in. Post pics of ur swap as it sits and I am sure it's not even close to the point of needing a harness.

This may sound harsh but it probably true as I was in the same boat at one time. Waiting on a harness yet my swap wasn't even near to being complete. At the time I was pissy thr harness wasn't ready when said but after getting it I realized I still had 2 weeks worth of work to get the swap completed.

Not defending Dan as he is in the wrong and seems to be a pattern with not only him but every harness builder that has been around so far.
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2015 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not in the market for one but just curious who is still doing them?
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post06-14-2015 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:
We do have tracking numbers in Canada, you know!

Heck, if something is shipped through standard government post, the tracking numbers even work in other countries. I've bought things from Japan that only took a few short days to get here. And the JP tracking number works the same in the USPS tracking system, once it's crossed the border through customs.

fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2015 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

Heck, if something is shipped through standard government post, the tracking numbers even work in other countries. I've bought things from Japan that only took a few short days to get here. And the JP tracking number works the same in the USPS tracking system, once it's crossed the border through customs.

Once the package comes over the border like here in Canada, the tracking number is automatically transferred to Canada Post.
So it is still trackable. Once it hits the border from the US, that where USPS tracking stops.

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock