87-88 L67 swap parts swap swap swap.. by FieroFastBackL67
Started on: 05-18-2015 03:14 PM
Replies: 16 (495 views)
Last post by: FieroFastBackL67 on 05-22-2015 11:03 PM
FieroFastBackL67

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2015 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFastBackL67Send a Private Message to FieroFastBackL67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi I'm new My name is Shay. I have been to this site a lot and finally have the Job to support this project. With anyone who would like to help or give advice this should be a fun build. I just started a few weeks ago. Soo far Iv swapped the 88 cradle to the 87 gt the 88 under shell had minor rust and the 87 has none in case your wondering why I didn't just use the 88 formula for the L67 swap. Also I was planning on driving the 87 with the 2.8 and 88 cradle for a few months but now I have the L67 so I have to drop the cradle again ohh well life goes on haha. Here's some pics of what I have and where I'm at in progress. Nothing special yet.Thanks enjoy.

Sorry about the shirtless pic it was soo hot out!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2015 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum.

son, as fast as your going and what you've accomplished so far it doesn't look like you need much advice from anyone. you going to do mods to the L67 before it goes in? 88 cradle in a 87 with a L67? that is going to be worth many smiles and grins. keep the pictures coming.

------------------
1986 Fiero GT fastback SC3800 3.4 pulley, LS1 TB
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee with "big boy" 5.9 motor
1986 Honda Goldwing SEi 1200 fuel injected

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2015 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroFastBackL67:

I didn't realize you were relatively local (close by, not crazy ) until I saw that shot. Looks like you're doing great so far.
FieroFastBackL67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2015 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFastBackL67Send a Private Message to FieroFastBackL67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well mainly the plan is to just run the L67 as is, it will need a rebuild in 2-3 years. By then I'll rebuild it with upgraded internals for more HP and then start sandblasting the cradle and what not. I don't see any point in spending a lot of money on frame paint and engine paint right now if I have to redo everything in a few years or when I'm ready to do it. Meanwhile when the L67 is in I'll get the body panels painted while off the car that way it looks factory. Not sure what color yet. I'm thinking maybe white or pearl white or candy apple red, Cherry red. Just realized I'm rambling haha. Thanks.

Originally posted by Grantman:

Welcome to the forum.

son, as fast as your going and what you've accomplished so far it doesn't look like you need much advice from anyone. you going to do mods to the L67 before it goes in? 88 cradle in a 87 with a L67? that is going to be worth many smiles and grins. keep the pictures coming.

FieroFastBackL67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2015 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFastBackL67Send a Private Message to FieroFastBackL67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FieroFastBackL67

94 posts
Member since May 2015
About where are you located? Yah I'm doing OK. I'm having a lot of fun actually. Really loving this build.

Originally posted by Patrick:

I didn't realize you were relatively local (close by, not crazy ) until I saw that shot. Looks like you're doing great so far.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2015 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

About where are you located?

I'm in Vancouver, so we're not exactly neighbors... but considering there are members here from Europe and Australia, we're not too far from each other.

FieroFastBackL67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2015 03:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFastBackL67Send a Private Message to FieroFastBackL67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I enjoy a good cruise so when I'm done maybe we can go for a cruise sometime.

I'm in Vancouver, so we're not exactly neighbors... but considering there are members here from Europe and Australia, we're not too far from each other.

FieroFastBackL67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2015 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFastBackL67Send a Private Message to FieroFastBackL67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FieroFastBackL67

94 posts
Member since May 2015
I have been eyeing these up http://www.arrautmotorsports.com/parts/suspensions . What do you think of these coil overs?

Also have my eyes on this! Anybody seen or heard anyone use this package?

[This message has been edited by FieroFastBackL67 (edited 05-19-2015).]

FieroFastBackL67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2015 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFastBackL67Send a Private Message to FieroFastBackL67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nobody?
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2015 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are very popular. I run their kit front and rear on my 88.
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2015 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Quality stuff...I have a lot of his parts.

I am installing a set of his rear coil-overs tomorrow night into my Fiero Argenta.

and actually have the setup you are looking at as well:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 05-22-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
FieroFastBackL67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2015 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFastBackL67Send a Private Message to FieroFastBackL67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome! I bet you can't wait to throw them goodies on. I guess that answers my question on that then. Hmm how hard is it to install 88 front cradle in an 87 gt?

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

Quality stuff...I have a lot of his parts.

I am installing a set of his rear coil-overs tomorrow night into my Fiero Argenta.

and actually have the setup you are looking at as well:

FieroFastBackL67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2015 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFastBackL67Send a Private Message to FieroFastBackL67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FieroFastBackL67

94 posts
Member since May 2015
Awesome! I bet you can't wait to throw them goodies on. I guess that answers my question on that then. Hmm how hard is it to install 88 front cradle in an 87 gt?

zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2015 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looking great so far!
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2015 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmm how hard is it to install 88 front cradle in an 87 gt?

Someone relatively recently posted a whole thread chronicling the steps required to swap the front crossmember over.
FieroFastBackL67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2015 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFastBackL67Send a Private Message to FieroFastBackL67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh NICE! I'll take a lookski thanks.

Someone relatively recently posted a whole thread chronicling the steps required to swap the front crossmember over.

FieroFastBackL67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2015 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFastBackL67Send a Private Message to FieroFastBackL67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FieroFastBackL67

94 posts
Member since May 2015
Thanks Bud!

Originally posted by zzzhuh:

Looking great so far!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors