Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  TYLER SHIPMAN MEMORIAL CAR SHOW - 6TH ANNUAL - JULY 25 (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
TYLER SHIPMAN MEMORIAL CAR SHOW - 6TH ANNUAL - JULY 25 by nellieship
Started on: 05-01-2015 07:38 PM
Replies: 108 (2583 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 08-05-2015 09:58 AM
nellieship

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2015 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well it's that time again. It seems to happen faster and faster each year for me! We gave away another $1500 in scholarships this year with still around $8000 sitting in the scholarship fund. That is amazing! Total we have raised around the $16000 mark after last year. That is all because of this amazing family of Fiero-heads that continue to inspire me to be a better person.

Well onto the fun stuff. The show is Saturday, July 25, Main Street, Frazee. Registration 10 a.m., Trophies around 2:30 p.m.

Camp Shipman:
- Same rules - pick your spot, first come, first serve. Limited outdoor electrical plugins, Wifi is available. Camp doors open whenever the first person shows up and closes whenever the last person leaves. We really don't care. I will have to work on Tuesday though
- Outdoor Shower open to all. This is a permanent wooden structure that was an addition last year. Seemed to work really nice. Its nice a big with a changing room and shower room. Bring your own towel and amenities
- Friday night Fiero Feast. Not sure what is on the menu yet. The head chef hasn't made up his mind on that. We are raising the price a little this year. $8.00 per person or $20.00 family limit. Example: 2 parents with 4 kids pays $20.00. No matter what is on the menu you will not walk away hungrey. I will be making my not so famous beans no matter what.
- The entire weekend is BYOB - whether that be water, pop or Jack Daniels.
- Shirts - Design is almost ready for reveal and we are going to print on gray shirts this year. Price remains the same $12.00 for XS-XL and $15.00 for XXL. Still debating on sweatshirts. Please order your shirts before you get here. I am not going to order a whole lot of extra this year. More details to come on how to place your order when the design is revealed.
- Saturday we will have a scenic drive followed by supper at Billy's again. Everyone would be responsible for their own meal cost. We will not be cooking at our house Saturday night - although anyone is free to fire up the grill and make themselves at home.
- Sunday - Patti's famous biscuits and gravy. I'm working on her to talk her into this. If anyone would like to assist let me know and I'll give you her email address
- Camp Shipman Raffle - is there anyone who wants to head this up? We usually get items from the Fiero Store and other random donations. I usually also make a quilt - but I am not 100% sure I can make that happen. If there isn't anyone who wants to head up finding donations for a raffle, I will probably opt to do a 50/50 raffle at our house as well as the car show. That means the winner gets 50% of whatever is in the pot. We usually raise quite a bit of money at the camp shipman raffle and the winner could walk away with a nice stack of cash if tickets were bought for that like they are for the raffle of items. Anyone interested in doing this please get a hold of me.

Lastly, this is the year I am chairing Turkey Days. That's right - I am the chief Turkey In Charge. I anticipate this is going to be a very busy weekend for me. Next year and forevermore I will only have to worry about our car show which is going to be so nice. I may have to enlist some help and delegate both at the show and at my house so beware if you ask if you can do anything I will give you a job.

So... let's get this party started! I can't wait to see all of you again and hopefully see some new faces too!!

For the life of me I can't get the PIP to work on my new computer. I can't figure out how to get the profile set. Hoping Jason sees this and can add our car show flyer that he so awesomely made this year.

------------------

http://www.tylershipmanmemorialcarshow.com/]Tylers Annual Car Show

http://www.tylerstoy.com]Tylers Toy

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2015 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking forward to another trip to camp Shipman! Can't wait to see everyone again!

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2015 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I will be sending you some stuff for the raffle ......
regards
Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2015 03:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
...and another year I am sitting in the desert during the Shipman Show. I'll make it to one soon. Hopefully next year will be very different!!!

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 05-02-2015).]

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2015 04:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you have been to the The Tyler Show, I am sure I will see you again this year, as once you attend, there is no way you would not make plans to do it again! If you have NOT been, I highly recommend it. It is an amazing weekend of socializing with fellow Fiero Heads, great food, hanging out around the camp fire, and one of the largest Fiero Car Shows in the US. Right up there with the Dells, and Daytona! On top of that is is all for an amazing cause, in remembrance of an amazing young man, and helping local Frazee kids with college.

Here is a shot down main street of the show a couple years ago. EVERY car on the left going into the distance is a Fiero, as well as the ones up the center of the street except for a couple in the back of the line.

If you are lucky enough, you may even get a bunch of people to pimp your ride! LOL! Here is what DIY Stu's car looked like when he arrived in Frazee.

From the front:

and from the back:

We were sitting around, and decided, lets Plasti Dip someone's car! With a quick run to town, 10 cans of Plasti Dip and a couple hours later...

Finishing touches:

Here is what Stuart drove back to Texas in:

From the front:

And from the back:

Far from perfect, but one heck of an improvement and an even better time doing it!

Mark your calendars now! If it's too far for you to drive, that is NO excuse. Do what I have done for the past 5 years, make reservations with your favorite airline

The Top 10 List of reasons to go to the Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show:

10) Taking a hot shower in the open air
9) Hanging out and telling jokes around the camp fire
8) Nellie's homemade wine
7) Spending the day at an amazing car show!
6) Pranking someone by hiding a set of car keys, and blaming it on someone else
5) Watching Andrew fall off of an ATV (And catching it on Video!)
4) Scaring the crap out of people with fireworks
3) Nellie's homemade wine (Made the list twice!)
2) Taking a nice Fiero cruise, and making fun of whoever breaks down!

And the number one reason to attend.............

1) Watching Art plow his face into a chocolate pudding pie in search of gummy worms!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 05-02-2015).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2015 04:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JohnWPB

5181 posts
Member since May 2009
I used PIP to upload the pictures in the previous post..... It said each images uploaded successfully. I give up. It is really late (early) now, I will find another place to put the images tomorrow.

PLEASE DO NOT turn this into an "I hate PIP" thread!" No comments on this are necessary in this thread, I just posted this to let people know that I am aware if the images not working, and why.

EDIT: I just hosted the pictures on the Daytona Show web server so at least they are showing up now. I have been PM'ing Cliff back & forth, and he is looking into why PIP is not working correctly.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 05-02-2015).]

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 698
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2015 05:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just tested PIP and it works fine. Could you please try again?
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2015 07:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

I just tested PIP and it works fine. Could you please try again?

PM sent

Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2015 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Holy crap! Seriously?? Number 1 reason.....and I thought I had purchased all the pictures taken that day!

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes

Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2015 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Vernon8360

1106 posts
Member since Feb 2008
Everyone of us who have made the effort to get to Frazee and had the opportunity to meet the Shipmans, experience the hospitality of Frazee and help raise some money for a very good cause, will tell everyone who hasn't been.....YOU NEED TO GO. Make plans and bring what ever wheels you have. No it doesn't have to be a Fiero. There have been people, who will remain nameless, who flew in from Florida and entered their rental car. Experience this annual event yourself.

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2015 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm scared to go this year... Every time we go up, we end up bringing back a cat or three...
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2015 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

I'm scared to go this year... Every time we go up, we end up bringing back a cat or three...

Cats !!!!! U R jokin right ?? ..... you should be more afraid of this instead !!!!!

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2015 03:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You really just can not grasp just how long that 'chain of vehicles' was! I give credit to Sean's truck for handling it! A tow truck, loaded with a large Quad and a car, in turn towing an SUV that was then in turn towing a camper! It must have gotten a LOT of looks driving down the highway all the way back to Minneapolis like that!

seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2015 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

And sometimes those cats give birth to many more cats, which worked out well for us.

[This message has been edited by seajai (edited 05-03-2015).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2015 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vernon8360:

Holy crap! Seriously?? Number 1 reason.....and I thought I had purchased all the pictures taken that day!

You are seemingly quite famous!

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 05-04-2015).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2015 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43222 posts
Member since May 2007

Everyone of us who have made the effort to get to Frazee and had the opportunity to meet the Shipmans, experience the hospitality of Frazee and help raise some money for a very good cause, will tell everyone who hasn't been.....YOU NEED TO GO. Make plans and bring what ever wheels you have. No it doesn't have to be a Fiero. There have been people, who will remain nameless, who flew in from Florida and entered their rental car. Experience this annual event yourself.

I concur!
We've had people who drove from Texas for multiple years!
A guy who rode a motorcycle from Tennessee!
Even a felllow from Australia.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 05-04-2015).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2015 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

I concur!
We've had people who drove from Texas for multiple years!
A guy who rode a motorcycle from Tenessee!
Even a felllow from Australia.

Including some crazy canucks ....

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2015 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:
Including some crazy canucks ....

Ah yes the Canadian invaders are loved and welcomed as well

Quebec to Frazee is no short haul!
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2015 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ah yes the Canadian invaders are loved and welcomed as well

Quebec to Frazee is no short haul!

And he drove it BOTH times in a Pontiac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2015 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VikingRedBaron:

And he drove it BOTH times in a Pontiac

Speaking of driving, how many are you bringing this year?
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2015 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Speaking of driving, how many are you bringing this year?

One if I make it back from Chicago on time. I will be in Chicago that whole week, I expect to be back sometime in the wee hours of Saturday morning.

It will be a Gold GT if I make it.

PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2015 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

One if I make it back from Chicago on time. I will be in Chicago that whole week,

What are you up to in Chicago? If you are downtown and have time, we should do lunch.

Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2015 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who said he could even go to Chicago?
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Who said he could even go to Chicago?

My thoughts exactly.... Sneaking across state lines is one thing, but informing everyone about it in a public forum, that's just asking for trouble!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2015 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

One if I make it back from Chicago on time. I will be in Chicago that whole week, I expect to be back sometime in the wee hours of Saturday morning.

It will be a Gold GT if I make it.

You still have to make the car? You better get started!
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2015 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You still have to make the car? You better get started!

No silly boy !!! I already made the car

Plans have changed and I will not be in Chicago that week after all.

So I should make it, as I now have that Saturday off as well.....................

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2015 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
T-SHIRTS NOW AVAILABLE TO ORDER

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

To order you can all Peggy at: Six12 - 242 - 219five

The facebook event:
https://www.facebook.com/events/656362741175656

http://www.tylershipmanmemorialcarshow.com/

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 05-15-2015).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2015 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Remember T shirts need to be ordered before the show, I already reserved mine
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2015 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This needs a bump to the front page. If you are within a couple of hundred miles of this place you have no excuse not to go. Don't miss this, you'll kick yourself for waiting so long when you finally do get there. Great people, great cause and a great time.

[This message has been edited by Vernon8360 (edited 05-22-2015).]

boysatt

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2015 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boysattSend a Private Message to boysattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will come this year with one of my fiero's since I actually have a couple that run again out of my dozon. Plus all my fieros and extra parts are for sale.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2015 04:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
im going to be fieroless but I am going to try and make it this year. no promises
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2015 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2015 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Time taken off at work...coming up Thursday and staying until Monday morning..trying to figure out how to get 3 cars up there

------------------

2014 Chevy Camaro LT RS
2009 Chevy HHR LT
1989 Pontiac Sunbird LE coupe
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...3800 S/C II still in donor car
1985 Fiero GT 2.8 auto - getting stripped
1985 Fiero SE 3.4 V6 4 spd - wifes
1984 Fiero Indy #1098

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2015 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KEV:

Time taken off at work...coming up Thursday and staying until Monday morning..trying to figure out how to get 3 cars up there

Think ... JohnWPB

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2015 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is anyone excited yet? Well I AM!! I'm sort of wrapping up Turkey Day stuff now - schedule, tshirts, toliets, odds and ends - so thinking more about our car show. Got the trophies ordered today and I've been wearing my sample shirt everywhere

Just a little side note - I was nominated to be an honorary torchbearer at the Detroit Lakes Relay for Life on June 12. I was both shocked and honored and you know me... always ready to talk about Tyler. While I'm certainly not as fast as a fiero, I'll try and do you guys proud on my lap around the track. Cancer sucks - what happened to us beyond sucks - it's how we choose to continue to live that is in our control now. I have always tried my best to choose to be open and honest about our story - the good the bad and the ugly. I always feel like if what I say makes one person feel not so alone then I've done what Tyler would have wanted me to do. If anyone wants to donate to our Team Tyler relay team, let me know and I'll tell you how - not a campaign for donations here though.

anyway..... rev those engines guys because this year is going to be GREAT!
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2015 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish there was a like button I could click on your post...

If you put forth even 1/10th of the effort into your walk that you do for the show, you'll do amazing!

On an unrelated question: Are we doing the slip-n-slide beer races this year at Camp Shipman?
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2015 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would LOVE to see the slip and slide. I think you need a chair and a cochair for that event so you better start recruiting

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2015 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nellieship:

..it's how we choose to continue to live that is in our control..

Amen to that!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2015 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2015 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will be up this year!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock