Started on: 04-29-2015 12:21 AM
Replies: 15 (385 views)
Last post by: cyrus88 on 04-29-2015 06:59 PM
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2015 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-07-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2015 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Have you ever had someone decide to close your decklid--using the spoiler? YES. They have no idea how expensive replacements are, how fragile they are and how difficult they are to find.

I got my Fiero inspected. They opened the front compartment, then tried to force it closed. I told them about the release, so they released the first notch, then tried to force it past the second. Grrr! Rodney Dickman sells a gas strut kit. It might be worth getting just to avoid the unknowledgable.

They pull your Fiero around after the car wash, and park it in the mud. You let someone else drive your Fiero? What's wrong with you?

You go to get light bulbs for your car, and the auto parts people try to tell you that the bulb that fits is wrong, and the one that doesn't fit is right, just because their computer says so? I'm pretty car stupid but if I know what I'm looking for and insist on it, just give it to me. If I'm wrong, it's on me.

When you try to get a part from the dealer, and they don't even know how to find the part on their shelves? Believe it or not, some GM dealers don't even remember what a Fiero is. Don't look at me that way. I'm serious.

tom10122

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2015 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tom10122Send a Private Message to tom10122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Have you ever had someone decide to close your decklid--using the spoiler?

I do that now? Is that bad?

They pull your Fiero around after the car wash, and park it in the mud.

Try living on a dirt road. Never ending mess. Wash once a week at the least.

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2015 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL and cars parts people don't have a clue about Fieros.
NEVERDONE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2015 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

LOL and cars parts people don't have a clue about Fieros.

Now now! Lets not throw everyone in the basket! The autozoners and oriely and advanced auto parts people are in there but I work with a group of old schoolers who know thier stuff! Try looking for a wholesalers near you. Thats where alot of the old schoolers go.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2015 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Took mine in for an oil change once.
Tech - "Sir, the engine is missing."
Me - "What? I just pulled it in."
Tech - "Sir, It's not in here."
Me - "Damn it. Must have left it at home. I'll be right back."

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 04-29-2015).]

pcgold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2015 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Me: I need brake pads for my MG
Stupid Kid behind counter: What make and model is it?
Me:MGB
Stupid Kid behind counter, now looking at me as if I'm the idiot: You mean GM, what model is it.
Me: MGB.
Stupid Kid behind counter: You mean GM
Me: No, it's an MG
Stupid Kid behind counter: There's no such thing, you mean GM
Me: How old are you and where's your manager?

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2015 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really dont let peple touch it unless they have to. Opening and closing things I leave up to me. If we had inspections here I would do it for them as well. I wash my own so the parking thing isnt really an issue. I've gotten used to parts store employees thinking they know everything, and just sort of guiding them when I have to. Sometimes honestly its easier to tell a younger kid what you want than a seasoned guy who thinks he knows.
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2015 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ah, those are all "minor" grievances.
Wait till your local shop does something really stupid like jacking the rear up by the bumper or jack it up from the side. Torn off rear bumpers and crushed coolant tubes. This is where bad things REALLY start happening.
Kit

[This message has been edited by Kitskaboodle (edited 04-29-2015).]

Rodrv6

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2015 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rodrv6Send a Private Message to Rodrv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh, the joys of owning older, somewhat rare, vehicles! I've learned over the years to be paranoid about letting anyone do anything to one of my cars! The only time I'll take a car to a shop is to check or adjust suspension alignment. I've been lucky enough to find a fellow at the local NTB who knows what he's doing and is very careful. If I need tires, the wheels come off at home and I take them to the tire store. No crushed coolant lines or cracked quarter panels on my car!!

------------------
Rod Schneider, Ball Ground, Ga.
"You can't have too many toys!"
1988 Fiero GT
1988 Porsche 928S4
1987 Corvette
2001 Chrysler 300M
Van's RV-6 airplane

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2015 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rodrv6:

Oh, the joys of owning older, somewhat rare, vehicles! I've learned over the years to be paranoid about letting anyone do anything to one of my cars! The only time I'll take a car to a shop is to check or adjust suspension alignment. I've been lucky enough to find a fellow at the local NTB who knows what he's doing and is very careful. If I need tires, the wheels come off at home and I take them to the tire store. No crushed coolant lines or cracked quarter panels on my car!!

Great advise especially about taking off the tires and bringing the wheels over to the tire shop for new tires.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

PFF
System Bot
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2015 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got so tired of tire shops screwing stuff up that I have been mounting and balancing my own tires for the past 8 tears or so.
tshark

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2015 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-07-2018).]

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2015 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Have you ever had someone decide to close your decklid--using the spoiler?

Same people who close the door by pushing on the glass (leaving smudgy fingerprints all over it) or by pushing the painted door panel (thus scratching it).

I try to do it by touching just the handle.

rednotdead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2015 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rednotdeadSend a Private Message to rednotdeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

Same people who close the door by pushing on the glass (leaving smudgy fingerprints all over it) or by pushing the painted door panel (thus scratching it).

I try to do it by touching just the handle.

I've had several mechanics push the door shut by the glass. Most people will touch the glass and recoil as they realize there's no frame. Not with these guys. They just went ahead and did the deed... seemed to unfold in slow motion.

Also I had no idea closing the decklid by the spoiler was a bad thing. It seemed really robust to me...
cyrus88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2015 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cyrus88Send a Private Message to cyrus88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My battery died one time and I got some help from friends to push start it. No matter how many times I told them not to push the car by the rear spoiler, they continued to do it.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock