Back to the restoration by kpaxton
Started on: 04-24-2015 07:54 PM
Replies: 11 (279 views)
Last post by: kpaxton on 04-26-2015 11:55 PM
kpaxton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2015 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kpaxtonSend a Private Message to kpaxtonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Background: 1986 GT Fastback. Bought car in 92, second owner. Blue printed and balance engine put in 96, brand new. Put in storage in 98, had some kids. Started restoration in 08 and stopped in 09. All panels except roof removed, entire space frame repainted, all control arms, spindles, and cross member blasted and painted and all polyurethane throughout. Have new windows and win shield to put in along with dew wipes. All panels will be painted off car except for the roof and upper rear. I may need some advice come reassembly time as so much was removed from the car. Drivers A-pillar has detached from frame and don't know how to reattach, should I wait till new windshield is in or not. I am leaving the car stock and don't plan on any mods except different color other than red. I will put some pics up when I figure out how to post them.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2015 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum!!!

We would all be happy to help you; we are all here for the same reason!!! Fieros!!!

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

kpaxton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2015 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kpaxtonSend a Private Message to kpaxtonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you. I look forward to finishing this car. I didn't keep it all these years for nothing.
kpaxton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2015 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kpaxtonSend a Private Message to kpaxtonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kpaxton

18 posts
Member since Apr 2015
[img]:\Users\ken\Pictures\2012-03-04\101_1257.JPG[/img]C:\Users\ken\Pictures\2012-03-04\101_1254.JPGC:\Users\ken\Pictures\2012-03-04\101_1265.JPG
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2015 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you have to upload the picture, you can't link it from your hard drive.
kpaxton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2015 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kpaxtonSend a Private Message to kpaxtonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nothing I seem to do will let me put any pics on here. Every time I try it says I have violated the rules and the pic is too large. Very frustrating.
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2015 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kpaxton:

Nothing I seem to do will let me put any pics on here. Every time I try it says I have violated the rules and the pic is too large. Very frustrating.

Install Pennock's Image Poster (Red/Blue Icon at bottom of the page) - if you haven't already. Open your picture in Microsoft Paint. Click the "Resize" button and change the size to 800x600 (best size). Then make sure it is saved (as a JPG). You should now be able to upload it with PIP with no issues.
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2015 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know that a lot of people will hate me for saying it, but the fastest and easiest way IMO to upload photos on any forum is through Imgur.com.

Make an account, click upload, drag and drop photos into internet browser window, and input the link that says for use on forums.

PIP is good, but may be a little hard to figure out if you aren't all that computer savvy. The upside to PIP though is that the pictures will always be on the site since it is hosted here, meaning that if Imgur or whatever site goes down your pictures wont disappear!

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

kpaxton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2015 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kpaxtonSend a Private Message to kpaxtonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[img]
kpaxton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2015 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kpaxtonSend a Private Message to kpaxtonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kpaxton

18 posts
Member since Apr 2015
I think I might have this pic thing figured out[img]">
kpaxton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2015 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kpaxtonSend a Private Message to kpaxtonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's one with some of the panels on[img]
PFF
System Bot
kpaxton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2015 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kpaxtonSend a Private Message to kpaxtonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kpaxton

18 posts
Member since Apr 2015
So I have started pulling out parts and time has not been kind. The consule and both armrest, which were perfect have begun to separate from the plastic frames. And one of my perfect tail lights has decided to delaminate, just one. And to top it all off I seem to be missing my left rear quarter ground effect, it was there, but now seems to have run off. Everything thing else is still in the zip lock baggies I left it in as I was disassembling the car. On a positive note all the other body panels are accounted for and the inner door panels have survived in perfect, albeit a little dirty, condition. I'm shooting for as close to factory condition as possible so I am obviously going to be spending some time in salvage yards and Ebay. I guess this is what happens when you stop on a restoration for 6 years.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock