Getting my car back from paint today by lorennerol
Started on: 04-23-2015 01:01 PM
Replies: 21 (437 views)
Last post by: TXOPIE on 04-24-2015 03:01 PM
lorennerol

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sitting here waiting for them to call and tell me it's ready. I was in yesterday and helped with the drip rails/gutters and sail panels. They just needed to detail it and touch up a couple spots.

I'm so excited I'm having a hard time getting anything done. I still have some work do to- wheels, some interior stuff, engine bay, under hood, etc. but this blue metallic paint is just gorgeous.

Will post pics here later today, I hope
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Domtech

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DomtechSend a Private Message to DomtechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cant wait to see it! Will you be at go-karts this weekend?
lorennerol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Domtech:

Cant wait to see it! Will you be at go-karts this weekend?

#1 daughter has a prior engagement, but I am hoping to be there.

Here's a sneak peek...

DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lorennerol:

That looks to be very close to the color I want to paint mine some day...
Can't wait!
FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOVE metallic blue!!! sooooooooo nice i want to touch it!

------------------

ARCHIES JUNK IS FASTER THAN SHAUNNA'S JUNK

12.3 is faster than a 13.2

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love that blue!
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It will be legondary!
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent colour! Can't wait to see the whole car!
lorennerol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, our Seattle weather isn't cooperating- the sunshine we had yesterday has given way to a downpour. Here are a couple- I'll post more when the sun returns.

I'm really happy with it. It's not 100% perfect, but it's a driver, so I didn't want or expect perfection. Boy does it make everything that isn't done look really bad...I have a few more projects

The shop lost my antenna and a passenger sill trim/cover piece. If anyone has a spare of the trim, let me know.

[This message has been edited by lorennerol (edited 04-23-2015).]

CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh yeah, that looks great !!! . Better looking Sunroof now.

You took a nice shot, blue is a very hard color to photograph, the metallic content usually gets washed out.

Here's mine

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 04-23-2015).]

ITALGT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
VERY nice!
PFF
System Bot
Shho13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Absolutely beautiful!!! How much did they charge you to do it? I plan on having mine done later this season!!!

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

88FieroGT TTops

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FieroGT TTopsSend a Private Message to 88FieroGT TTopsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SWEEEET!!!
lorennerol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shho13:

Absolutely beautiful!!! How much did they charge you to do it? I plan on having mine done later this season!!!

It cost a lot. I'm not sure I want to admit how much I paid...more than the car is worth (but well under $10k). There were extenuating circumstances:

1. The car was an OEM solid roof with one of those horrible dealer-installed sunroofs. I miraculously found a local OEM sunroof section with intact A-pillars and had them install that.
2. The replacement roof panel was blister-free, but needed other repairs.
3. There was some minor blistering elsewhere that had to be repaired.
4. The right front fender had to be replaced (my lovely wife's handiwork) and the replacement was not blue.
4. Except for the rear clip, this was a full panel-off job.
4. The shop had the car for about 2.5 months and they gave me a loaner vehicle for the entire time.

This car has sentimental value. From the first time I saw a Fiero in person on my 16th birthday, I wanted one. This car was my college graduation gift to myself in 1991 and it's been a daily driver for my daughter as we've worked on restoring it after it sat mostly idle under a tarp for 7-8 years. And someday I hope to pass it down to her.

How's that for rationalization?
Shho13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It cost a lot. I'm not sure I want to admit how much I paid...more than the car is worth (but well under $10k). There were extenuating circumstances:

1. The car was an OEM solid roof with one of those horrible dealer-installed sunroofs. I miraculously found a local OEM sunroof section with intact A-pillars and had them install that.
2. The replacement roof panel was blister-free, but needed other repairs.
3. There was some minor blistering elsewhere that had to be repaired.
4. The right front fender had to be replaced (my lovely wife's handiwork) and the replacement was not blue.
4. Except for the rear clip, this was a full panel-off job.
4. The shop had the car for about 2.5 months and they gave me a loaner vehicle for the entire time.

This car has sentimental value. From the first time I saw a Fiero in person on my 16th birthday, I wanted one. This car was my college graduation gift to myself in 1991 and it's been a daily driver for my daughter as we've worked on restoring it after it sat mostly idle under a tarp for 7-8 years. And someday I hope to pass it down to her.

How's that for rationalization?

That's alright! You don't need to rationalize it to me; I completely understand! Your car is very close to you and it's great you got it done!!! I am fully expecting to pay anywhere upwards of 4 grand realistically for my paint job. Only difference vs yours is I am going to take the panels off and re install them myself.

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Domtech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DomtechSend a Private Message to DomtechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks Amazing!
As for the lost trim pieces, I was going to junk my parts car on Monday. PM me if you need anything and I'll bring it Saturday.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2015 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats!
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2015 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It cost a lot. I'm not sure I want to admit how much I paid...more than the car is worth

This car has sentimental value.

I gave up explaining myself to others a long time ago. My wife gets that it means something to me, & I don't ask for much else.
lorennerol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2015 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by no2pencil:

I gave up explaining myself to others a long time ago. My wife gets that it means something to me, & I don't ask for much else.

Here is to wives that realize they don't have to understand, just accept. And husbands who do the same

Wasn't able to get any more good pics yesterday...dratted weather...but here's a couple more anyway. There is a smudge I didn't see when I took it that I'll get cleaned up yet.

h.d.fire

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2015 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ITALGT:

VERY nice!

flyntus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2015 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for flyntusSend a Private Message to flyntusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking Good!!!
PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2015 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very Nice!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock