Accel Fuel Injector 15# clips? by ltlgt88
Started on: 04-22-2015 06:28 PM
Replies: 4 (157 views)
Last post by: ltlgt88 on 04-22-2015 10:02 PM
ltlgt88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
k another question...changed out my fuel injectors with accel 15# ones. When i took out my old ones i don't remember there being clips on them. Put the whole engine back together because thought i was good with a couple turns of the key with the pump kicking in, When i went to run it for about 10 min I now have a leak out of the top of one of the injectors, found that the o ring was damaged. But wondering about the clips, Do i need them with these injectors? and if so where can i get some? part number or model number?

------------------
LETS GO DRIVING!!!
[

Power Tour Long Haul 2009, 10 (muscle car)
Power Tour Long Haul 2011, 12 (Fiero)
Power Tour 3 stops 2013(Fiero)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What slot do they go in... Top or bottom? I ordered them pm 17111267.
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its been suggested by some that they might not absolutely be necessary, and maybe were only included on the factory injectors to keep them from falling off the fuel rail while on the assembly line under construction. But I'm convinced they DO serve some purpose, as seen here keeping the injector from being too deep or too shallow in the fuel rail bore.

I bought the same injectors you have. There was a note in the box:

On some engines, including most GM applications, it may be necessary to install the retaining clips in the upper full circumference slot to ensure the injectors seat properly in the fuel rails and the intake manifold/heads.

Note that installing the clips on the lower slot prevents the clips from rotating properly from the "unlocked" to the "locked" position. Use the upper slots.

And yes, that's the right part number. I bought a set too; got it from Jegs.
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

css9450

5413 posts
Member since Nov 2002
Scott are you still looking for rear bumper reflectors?
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No.. Body stuff done thought I had the engine done too.. But found fuel leak.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock