Started on: 04-22-2015 09:18 AM
Replies: 6 (432 views)
Last post by: Rare87GT on 04-24-2015 09:16 AM
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone bought these from the Fierostore? I'm curious to know the quality on them. I know my door panels have a nice gouge from the previous interior shop where I had to put a sticker going across the top to hid it and it just looks tacky anymore. Thought about getting these but was worried these would crack easily over time seeing how they are ABS Plastic. Any reviews or people that have installed them.

Thanks!

------------------

Best 1/4: 11.7 @ 115mph
Best 60ft: 1.60

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I purchased a set a while back, and was quite happy with them. I do not see them ever cracking, as they are very thick & solid! You can read about the installation, and how I covered them in this post. There is another post a few posts down on finishing them off.

I went with the Speaker version:

Raw Panel:

Covered:

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 04-22-2015).]

Fiero Vampire

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know these are suppose to be for power windows only as they don't have a spot for a hand crank, but do you know if they would work on non-power window doors with those aftermarket power windows kit installed?
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Vampire:

I know these are suppose to be for power windows only as they don't have a spot for a hand crank, but do you know if they would work on non-power window doors with those aftermarket power windows kit installed?

As for manual windows, I can not see a reason that it would not work. It would just be a matter of drilling the hole in the correct location for the window handle. You could not use the speaker door panels though, as the speaker is where the window crank would go.

If they are manual windows, that you converted to electric, then they would need a standard door panel with no window crank cutout, thus the way these panels come when ordered

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 04-22-2015).]

Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

I purchased a set a while back, and was quite happy with them. I do not see them ever cracking, as they are very thick & solid! You can read about the installation, and how I covered them in this post. There is another post a few posts down on finishing them off.

I went with the Speaker version:

Raw Panel:

Covered:

I don't see the pictures. Can you re-link me to them? I'd like to see.

Thank you for the reply in the thread.
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
See if these work.

Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2015 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got it! Thanks guys!!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock