Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Reproduction TAIL LIGHTS coming soon (Page 7)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Reproduction TAIL LIGHTS coming soon by Slammed
Started on: 04-20-2015 03:18 PM
Replies: 575 (27073 views)
Last post by: E.Furgal on 04-24-2016 01:14 PM
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2015 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
@Slammed
The problem in this forum is not the negativity ..... its that many fly by night sellers have tried and bulls?%&$ their way with flying by the seat of their pants promises. I am a vendor here and I know the story of many who have tried makin needed products and they finally realise its out of their league. IN YOUR SITUATION you should of at least posted some pics ..... afraid of revealing your construction methods is NOT GOING TO CUT IT..... so my suggestion to you is post some pics so that the NEGs be quieted ...... I am also coming out with a new product soon but I have not said a word about it to avoid this NEG BS. I hope you do convince the skeptics here and sell many tail lights..... if not... you'll just be a fart in the wind...
Good luck
Danyel

EDITED MY PAGE !!!!!!!
------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 07-17-2015).]

IP: Logged
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2015 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Perhaps I've missed something, but I've seen nothing posted in this six seven page thread that should turn off a potential vendor who's serious about bringing a much sought after product to market.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 07-17-2015).]

alcazar88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2015 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alcazar88Send a Private Message to alcazar88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Summary for those just joining:
1. Thread starts as 'coming in June/July long sought after tail lights for both GT and formula. (Brand new forum member)
2. As usual met with skeptics, but even skeptics hoping it comes true
3. Dates come and go, no actions like pictures followed thru on
4. Hope continues, but skepticism grows
5. OP realizes they can't deliver and they take the victim mentality and blame the forum.
6. Confirms what the skeptics expected, nothing 'coming soon or later'
7. Everyone needing tail lights hangs on to some hope and continue to go back and forth on if it was the forums fault or the ability of the unknown, no picture, no facts, no deadline met OP, who is probably a 13 year old who read somewhere taillight lenses were not made anymore and wanted to have some fun
8. OP edits all previous posts to remove any incriminating commitments
9. Forum members continue to argue about fault and forum culture gets more negative
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2015 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd guess the OP is an adult. Since she is a she, I won't be more specific.

As concerns this project, in the final analysis, it is what it is.

I am curious why the OP's employer would be paying the OP, and later more people to work on this project. Also, considering the time, money, and expertise others have thrown at attempts to do the same thing, copying is the last thing I'd worry about.

It is hard to be a vendor. Time, money, negativity, etc. My biggest problem would be shipping. I can't even get things from Amazon on time.
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2015 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Slammed:
In just my short time here, I've noticed the whole forum is very negative and not something I want to be a part of. The ratio of upbeat frequent posters, to negative berating ones, is simply too low. Keep an eye out for them being for sale elsewhere.

Hrm, that's not really fair. The entire forum is not negative, & I've been patiently waiting.

Whatevs.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2015 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Since she is a she...

Remind me again... what is this based on?
cyrus88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2015 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cyrus88Send a Private Message to cyrus88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

If you can't say anything nice, don't say a damned thing.

Wow, talk about irony! Or is it hypocrisy? The readers can decide.

I joked earlier about the Cult of GT Lenses, but I never expected that it was a real thing where people would get unhinged and start to sh**t their pants.

[This message has been edited by cyrus88 (edited 07-18-2015).]

Slammed

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2015 02:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The problem I have is that we are 9 days past a deadline we set, on a project that was only started LESS THAN THREE MONTHS AGO. No money from anyone. Nothing. I can post pictures or not post pictures. If this is how I'm told to handle it, I comply.

I have not had any attitude, have treated everyone with kindness and tried to give updates. Now, there are people accusing me of being someone or many other crooks, because a date is missed on something. We aren't done. I don't have pictures of a final product to post. Nothing else to it.

I thought we could just have a conversation. I came here to just say, hey, we are doing it. There wasn't ever any plan on even posting updates. I apologize we are late.

This really is my last post until they are ready. I apologize if I ruffled any feathers, I did not mean to.

And I have not edited any of my past posts. If they were edited, they were the day they were posted.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2015 03:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey, I want you to be who you say you are... and I want you to actually produce these tail lights. And if you really are a woman... bonus!

But just be aware that plenty of people have been burned here over the years by fraudsters, all of whom appeared to be genuine at the start.

So we're sorry, but we don't know you from Adam (or Eve). We're just being careful.
Ponnari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2015 03:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PonnariSend a Private Message to PonnariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Slammed, I too apologize if some of the other members posts have made you
feel hassled, degraded, or what ever else.

I for one have applauded your efforts, and am waiting for the end result. You are
Taking on this project without asking for deposits or financial help from members,
which to me, leads me to believe you are sincere. I am anxiously awaiting the release
of your product.

Thank You!

------------------
"Because in a split second, It's gone"
Ayrton Senna

Ponnari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2015 03:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PonnariSend a Private Message to PonnariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ponnari

565 posts
Member since Dec 2011
Additionally, I agree with "Synthesis" entire post on page 6
especially this part

.....and I'm getting very sick of seeing a forum I used to love hanging out on turn into a steaming pile of negativity...

The red on their ratings tells the story

and Slammed, I will send you my contact info. Please let me know directly when they are ready, I would be happy to be a customer of yours!
------------------
"Because in a split second, It's gone"
Ayrton Senna

[This message has been edited by Ponnari (edited 07-18-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2015 06:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Posting a picture or two would help a lot.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2015 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Since she is a she...

Originally posted by Patrick:

Remind me again... what is this based on?

Boyfriend just got home and told me there was smoke coming from the dash vents this morning on start up. I thought it smelled funny...

I'll go out and check for rpms on Winaldl. As far as no other ECMs working, I've interchanged 84-86 card type connector ECMs in the past

Any idea what the injector driver looks like on the board? I'm having a heck of a time tracing it back

This for starters should answer some questions

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-18-2015 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Everyone assumes that everyone else is out to **** them over in here, and I'm getting very sick of seeing a forum I used to love hanging out on turn into a steaming pile of negativity...

When did you become Forum Captain? Seriously. Why do you decide?

And, pot meet kettle.

.............................................................................................................................

Edit: Not sorry for stating the obvious. Chris is a great guy, just a little angry at the world for his issues. He has thrown around his size to intimidate others here before. I, on the other hand, do not care how large of a man he is. So therefore, I choose to reply. A few like to ride that perpetual bandwagon. Ride on doggies. Ride on...

Double edit: Still routing for Slammed.

I dipped into refinishing taillight lenses. Did a few sets. One crap person in the beginning kept me from desiring to continue. Now I would rather just leave advice when needed on how to.

And I am not one for erasing history. There are some evil vendors out there. Evil. THAT is the reason this forum is sputtering. Crooks. CRIMINALS.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 07-18-2015).]

Riddick85

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2015 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Riddick85Send a Private Message to Riddick85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't think the majority are naysayers here. I am soooo looking forward to these getting completed and have been watching this thread since the day it was started but I didn't post at all until page 6. My point is I guarantee I'm not the only one "lurking" instead of posting so what is seen isn't the majority of the forum.

This is one product that the fiero community needs desperately since the number of good taillights are finite and getting even shorter on supply. Please finish these and do not worry about all the negative people
NEVERDONE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2015 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Double post

[This message has been edited by NEVERDONE (edited 07-18-2015).]

NEVERDONE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2015 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

NEVERDONE

1084 posts
Member since Sep 2011

Originally posted by VikingRedBaron:

This for starters should answer some questions

Doesn't necessarily mean anything in these times! Not hating, just sayin....

Edit; I for one am hoping I can afford these when they are done.

[This message has been edited by NEVERDONE (edited 07-18-2015).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2015 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The problem I have is that we are 9 days past a deadline we set, on a project that was only started LESS THAN THREE MONTHS AGO. No money from anyone. Nothing. I can post pictures or not post pictures. If this is how I'm told to handle it, I comply.

I have not had any attitude, have treated everyone with kindness and tried to give updates. Now, there are people accusing me of being someone or many other crooks, because a date is missed on something. We aren't done. I don't have pictures of a final product to post. Nothing else to it.

I thought we could just have a conversation. I came here to just say, hey, we are doing it. There wasn't ever any plan on even posting updates. I apologize we are late.

This really is my last post until they are ready. I apologize if I ruffled any feathers, I did not mean to.

And I have not edited any of my past posts. If they were edited, they were the day they were posted.

I recognize that you are relatively new. Just recognize what people here have experienced.
Not to put too fine a point on the discussion, there have been a handful of vendors who have screwed a significant number of victims here.

I, myself, even got in a heated multi-page "discussion", trying to defend a vendor here, who had "screwed, blued, and tattooed" a number of his customers. I was wrong in my defense of that person (whom I had trusted) and ate a bunch of crow when the truth came out.

Here's the rub...
It doesn't help that you are mere blocks away (Google is my friend) from a person who has registered here under at least two different names and taken hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars from people, and delivered crap - or just nothing - in return.

So buck up. Do what you're doing. I wish you success.
Just try to recognize that all of the cynicism is not even really about you.
It's about those who have come before.

I am a potential customer, BTW.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 07-18-2015).]

1Packrat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2015 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1PackratSend a Private Message to 1PackratEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Happy 4th everyone!

We have been testing the solution we came up with for the tinting/lettering and it looks like we are going to have to go another route. The repeat-ability just isn't there and it ended up taking far too many steps to get a decent looking inside. On the plus side, the lenses themselves look fantastic. The shape is perfect and my small 150lbs body can stand on these. I wouldn't say you could take a baseball to them, but they are tough.

We will probably throw up some pictures of the blanks next week just to keep the hype up
. Maybe we'll get lucky with the tint by then as well

I personally do not have a dog in this hunt as my lights are in good shape. I do know a few others that are in need of them. So I have been following this with interest.

When you make a post like the one above and imply pictures and don't deliver anything your creditability just went out the window. It is not a good business practice to raise Hype and then break the party balloons.

Just saying,

007DOUG

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2015 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 007DOUGSend a Private Message to 007DOUGEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ladies & Gentlemen, I think we have a troll

[This message has been edited by 007DOUG (edited 07-18-2015).]

raptor_vrscx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2015 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for raptor_vrscxSend a Private Message to raptor_vrscxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok, so we all get GM, ford, dorman, cardone, good year, where will that list end? does any manufacturer ever post list, give you any insight on any product until its already on the shelf to buy? get real!

I suppose TFS releases its RD message board saying hey will are looking into repro'ing this. whats next? sneak peaks? no the finished product when and only when it is released!

NOW if you were asked to front money, then you may expect some insight!. again this is exactly why my personal automated machinery remains for use for only myself. I wont even offer up a part for sale. its not just nay sayers is what I call sexual intellectuals. F****ing know it alls!.

why are you that complain, act so negative able to see no one is ever going to use up all the resources, time money, shut down a production shop for such a small outlet for sales, tail lights done right is a one time only sale, maybe twice is one breaks. huge huge investment, not a huge payoff if this is the treatment they will get.

goes to show what to expect, I dropped mine it cracked thought these were unbreakable. looking back in the forum most who have been negative here are the first in line to ***** about the product after as well. why would slammed or any real non forum member or business subject themselves? they don't have to, if they wish to proceed, then they will but sales from them will now fall onto TFS and another mark up in price. TFS if approached as the forum was, will sit back wait, do nothing say nothing BUT, when you have a finished marketable product, meet with us, we will inspect, QA, test fit, negotiate a price, they wont be doing whats been going on here! no one in their right mind would! again, huge huge difference had any one been asked to pony up cash up front to help finance this. big deal your out time it takes to read the post for an update. nothing more.

no one but yourselves to blame!, instead of bitching why aren't you off taking on the project?

there is a huge difference, a forum member in his basement, garage at home investing x amount making creative aftermarket parts, its another for a production shop with close to a mil in machinery to shut down, and coddle this forum

having worked for Nestle north America. add the fact I have my own cnc machines, 2 4 and 6 axis 6000-8000 floor models, not bench top converted units. these are capable of making 20" alum wheels with out batting an eye. cnc plasma with THC, can cut 22 gauge up to 1/2 plate, easy to fab up mount kits. it would be easy to machine molds, dies, tooling. drop by the plant on a weekend. toss a mold into a huskey that's offline, get it centered up, warmed up and blow some PET in end up with a nice test fit product tweak the molds for fitment. I have even thought of doing that very thing for 3 years. a year ago I bought the stock to make the molds, dies from. I have the reverse engineering software and hardware. very very accurate. most the items you folks run off to machine shops to have fabbed for you then sell here as a vendor can easily be made here. motor mount kits, two piece hub/rotor kits. adapter plates, remachined flywheels, tube cradles, alum fuel cells. having posted my intentions a year ago, how it was handled by members here. I ditched it with in 3 days. learned quickly I can eat up all my time just holding someones hand. for me its not about the money its about helping keep these cars on the road. period. id make more money not using up all my time for such a small market. back to the lens...

see the preforms for the plastic bottles you drink out of are made in those huskeys. huskeys are molding machines, make a mold, a male, female side and they heat up, they cycle, as they cycle in, the molds are left just slightly larger than the thickness of the material of the finished product, pte resin is blown in, the molds finish pressing together, held x amount of time, on a cool cycle, they part and out comes the preform, or lens in this case. for preforms total time is perhaps, 3/4 of a minute, and 200 preforms for 1/2 liter bottle are produced.
one machine can stamp out 10 lens of each side. a preform made with PET is almost unbreakable even when a fork lift runs over it. at that point finding the resin that suits the lens isn't that hard. , im sure it can make a lens.huskeys are used for many such plastic molding operations.

its making the molds, backwards engineering those in the cnc machines, same way a mold for a bottle is made. tho those molds for one machine are 15 mil, what stops me from even attempting this is this forum. not the concern of whether it can be done cant be done or time. I know it can be ive seen what those machines can make. ive been to the plant that makes the molds seen the machines that make those. isn't any different than the machines I have at home. I have talked with the manager of the dept that runs that husky, was told any time one is offline for a weekend no problem. setup will eat up lots of time getting molds aligned. but one test run will prove it can be done. I wont subject myself to this bs, I have plenty of tail lamps and spare len's why would I

some forum members have been to my house, seen the machinery, combined friends and family own fab shops. we all sat down, built a huge list, most every sought after kit or part that could be made in the ways we have access to. every one was in, then we sat down and each read this forum to see how members conduct themselves, every one but myself and tim backed out. if we do any of this it wont be through the forum.

the huge undertaking on many items you all want sell to the community is that you come up with an idea, then you have to farm out the work, you have to find a multi million dollar fab shop that over loaded with work who is willing to shut down one guy one machine at the cost of 200 per hr, to cut plasma stamp those parts you want and need for your kits you wish to sell. almost every failed attempt I have seen starts good, just as its being perfected they lose the shop that was doing the work. quarter windows, 3800 mount kits, even some of the head lamp kits. what happens is the shop takes it on jigs up, batch run they lost time money profit. its too small for them, then changes are made bcuz it don't fit like factory, rarely will it. back to the shop they re tool, lose more time and by then they bow out. that leaves whoever stuck their neck out on the forum getting the BS like this thread. no one close by to make it worth traveling to that will take on the fab shop end. re read and you will see, most lose the shop the person with the machinery to perform the work. no one or not many have the ability to take this on at home. that's why you have all been waiting for the 3800 mount kits. add in how you then overwhelm this person use up every second of free time demanding answers while they are striving to find a solution. huge difference for me is I have the ability in house. even the guys offering interior parts and embroidery farm out a lot of it. considering how much the dies and molds for the factory tail lamps cost, believe they were offered up at $350,000 then cut up because the price wasn't met. not lost like all claim. but its a huge undertaking no matter how it is viewed. if it wasn't it would have been done by now. its going to take someone like slammed, who has a fiero, works at a cnc / mold shop, or someone like myself with a cnc vmc large enough to make molds and access to a molding machine. who needs the abuse?

I cant say legally, as many production shops with contracts cant, many items made here could very well be on your Harleys, snowmachines, wheelers, cars, the vmc is spitting out gears today and sprockets tomorrow, timing pulleys on Tuesday.

one post I noticed slammed posted, her boss, the shop she works for, so she isn't solo on this project. perhaps her boss, those financing and backing it aren't allowing her to post pictures, after all whoever is the one backing this, is the one who decides when it or ever. what began as a personal task, became a job related one. why doesn't some one who doubts so much, lives close by wander over to the shop she posted in the beginning saying where this was all taking place and see is it legit before you condemn

[This message has been edited by raptor_vrscx (edited 07-19-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post07-19-2015 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by raptor_vrscx:
tl;dr

why doesn't some one who doubts so much, lives close by wander over to the shop she posted in the beginning saying where this was all taking place and see is it legit before you condemn

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/069992.html

So, a year ago you were offering to start making parts for sale. Where are you at on making those swap kits? You've only been on here a year yourself, and only have 94 posts. But you seem to have a lot to come in here and complain about on a thread where you clearly haven't read the posts.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2015 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No post that I have read here has gone personal or accuses this person of being dishonest.
The fact that this vendor withdrew from the forum so quickly only greatly increases the suspicion. Look for them someplace else!!! Yeah right!!! Has anyone met this person? We've had Friend of Yours, Loyde Fast Fieros, MsLoriFiero, and a few others who were not completely honest but at the same time have the Fiero Store, RodneyDickman, Txgood, Russ 88TTOP, Mr Mike, Fiero Jon, and many many others that are honest.
Honest vendors introducing a new Fiero product first off should identify themselves. This slammed person hasn't. Is she really a female or someone disguised as one online? If you are honest you have nothing to hide. Show your work in progress, post pictures, give your location, identify your company, and your webs site address.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2015 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I suspect we've been slammed.

Me too, I find that its unusual for someone to just pop up and start talking about reproduction
of taillights.

Since the beginning I said to myself, "I'll believe it once I see it".

Actually I hope this project is real. If this was all a scam, somebody has to have a lot of time on their hands.
You'd have to be sick...too.

Rodney's right...this suppose vendor should post a few pics. Every other vendor updates their project, and with pics.
This is just post after post, news, and more news, but no evidence. Pretty crappy news to me.

I hope I'm wrong.

Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2015 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am really confused by the attitude of many people here. Many people are acting like they've invested money into these lights and are waiting at the edge of their seats to see if they've been screwed or not!

Great job to Slammed for working hard to see if these can be produced. It'll be a great contribution to the community if they are manufactured and made available at a reasonable price. If they end up not being possible for some reason, then what have we lost? Nothing.

Keep at it Slammed! If and when you get them finished I'll be one of many people who will happily purchase a set.

Posting pics would be nice, but it has no bearing on whether or not I purchase them in the future.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-19-2015 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Neils88:
If they end up not being possible for some reason, then what have we lost?

Yet another ounce of hope, or respect for anyone that comes on the fourm anew and wants to start out producing one of the hardest things to reproduce.

Maybe nobody has invested monetary funds in this, but you should know by now that Fieros are a passion, and so there is an emotional cost for many here, when people come on here, promising to create and sell new products, only to never do so, disappear completely, or even worse, they do make products for some time, and then after gaining reputation as a respected source for that product, somehow get burned out or whatever, and turn to lies and deceit, and actually steal money and cores. Then the emotional cost for many is even greater, and we get more threads about [i]Has anyone had a problem with VENDORX?[i], which often end up with lots of name calling, and make this forum and the Fiero community in general, a more difficult place to be.
raptor_vrscx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2015 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for raptor_vrscxSend a Private Message to raptor_vrscxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/069992.html

So, a year ago you were offering to start making parts for sale. Where are you at on making those swap kits? You've only been on here a year yourself, and only have 94 posts. But you seem to have a lot to come in here and complain about on a thread where you clearly haven't read the posts.

no actually this is second time I have been on this forum. first I left because of these reasons.

as you stated did I read? yes apparently you haven't. where am I on these? not making them as I stated for this forum. the thread you quoted also contains a statement from a member that you all do lots of business with that verified my abilities, having been to my house seen the machines. not sure of the age of all you folks but considering I owned a new 87 fiero as a left over in 88 this isn't my 1st go around with fieros or this forum. i can assure you my 3800 isn't sitting on weak non triangulated insufficiently welded thin plated vibrating poly mounts that now make me have to cut my deck lid to close it. why use and follow that same bad design? mine sits on 5 gtp drive side transmission mounts. drawn in solidworks, machined in either solidcam or camworks on a 10'x20' cnc plasma, drilled on one of my vmc's not farmed out to another shop. your response is the reason stated i didn't and wont offer the items i have been using for my build.

hardly any of you here do with your own either. few do and even on those threads were the guy is praised he gets flamed somewhere in the thread. should any ever go up for sale will be through normal fiero venders.

back the lens. this comment is exactly why i wont waste my time finishing off the molds, spending the hours it takes to set them up in a husky, if i did and sold 50 sets 40 would be happy 10 would ***** . with you guys something isn't better than nothing because its never fits looks like factory and most that ***** your cars are so far from factory its not funny. remember it all began with a complaint about DOT

. Noone who goes by the name of Mslorifiero quite feminine, is going to return with slammed.

i think i made a good argument of how the lens can be produced. any one here want to take a set of molds and put the leg work where the use their fingers find and test them on an injection machine? maybe if 2 go in there will be less bitching.

the reply to entice me to prove i am who i am with the abilities, machines i have wont work. drive to my house see for yourself if your that inquisitive or unsure

it only took one phone call to verify a lot of what was posted in the beginning of this thread. who is slammed, where does slammed work?
google is your friend and used correctly ........

its not complaining, its trying to show you all one thing, each year the fiero gets older, those who develop parts get older, things become harder to find. is this how you are going to treat anyone who attempts, trys, offers, suggests? while most who do offer nothing?

would i like to offer up a lens solution? and do i think my idea combined with the machines i have the knowledge, access to injection mold machines will work? yes.

3800 swap mount kits, requiring 2 slight modifications to the cradle.
ls series mount kits requiring front cross member,
low mount alt kit
idler/tenstioner kits
<87 down tubed cradle
88 cradle,
trans adapter plates
alum fuel cells that actually have a curved edge so they fit better
new 2 piece hubs for <87 down front not weak machined off rotor, the bearings every one says are so weak maybe, but they were used on many heavy muscle cars in the 60,70,
dodge challenger, cuda, granted they definitely can be improved.

how many even beef up the ass using 6000 ste style knuckles? we were doing that back as early as 87/88. the shop i worked at back then was the only one around that was actively into working on or modding fieros. think first v8 swap was in 86. first tuned port, (i know eeeew), in 87. back then the tuned port was the hot easy go to swap.

tim was drawing up a front cradle for the <87 down in an attempt for better control arms, coil overs. at the moment the front tubs have to be modded.
new coolant pipes both engine and heater core
rad mounts
huge list
myself, i own 2 Bridgeport vmc's, cnc lathe, all with auto tool changers, fully updated modern electronics, drives, motors, and accurate to within .0002.
cnc plasma, small press brake,

tim owns cnc plasma, cnc Bridgeport, cnc router,

bill has a multi mill dollar fab shop with 800 ton presses, tubing, pipe benders, iron workers, his smallest job is typically 2 mil.

these are the guys that sat down to see what we could do to help out. not to line our pockets not to get rich of the demise of the lost venders.

with out a doubt in my mind we can make a dent in many items this forum can use. and honestly we all would like to. the only way i can see it working, is make them sell them to TFS, WCF, or open our own online store. i cant see it being through here as just to keep this forum happy is a full time job and would eat up too many hrs.

when, and its a when not an if, i attempt the lens it will be the way i posted. what resin i have no idea yet. will use the PET they have to tweak molds, i suspect as tough durable clear as PET is the thickness of the lens will support the PET, i have no ambition no desire to ever finish off the insides of them. been plenty of solutions already done here for that. and they will not be addressed in any way to be DOT approved. mainly have to get pass that DOT, and having a nice clean solid durable lens is far better than what most of you have now.
getting it to fit correctly, be durable, will take up enough time. setting the molds in that machine is perhaps a 6 hr job on the first run. thats as far as id go and it like all the other parts began as needing a solution for my own cars as they age.

to end its not to complain, as suggested, its to show you all why myself, and many others don't attempt and if we do why we stop. i contacted the member who hass the 3800 swap kit everyone was waiting on offered him our machines and time to get them back to the community, he was looking for a shop to do it, i offered to assist him.
no vender no producer of parts ever in history post daily progress on designs, status. when its done ready you see it you buy it. because some have before on here, its expected.
i don't just complain, i have helped out many most usually through PM.s

the thread you so kindly posted a link to, i came in polite, made no limits to what i would offer, no promises, i only asked, and if you could read the thread great, you should read the PM's with the demands, insults. was 4 people who replied with a request at lets say 8am and by 12 noon already complaining i hadn't gotten back to them.
let alone some of the dumb requests that require it to be a total one off, no specs, no drawings, nothing. in asking if he had drawings, specs, telling him its a one off, with out drawings, dimensions, accurate measurements not possible, that reply back was the end.

[This message has been edited by raptor_vrscx (edited 07-20-2015).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2015 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just leave her alone and let her work on the lenses. Guaranteed, probably less than 25% of those on here who say they'd definitely buy them will never even make the effort. I'd even like to have a set of clear ones to modify with an idea I've had for a while.

Hell, when I offered the jacking instruction decals, I had loads of people who said they'd buy. After the investment to have the artwork done and have them printed, it took over 4 years to sell 50 pieces of a $10 item.

Rodney doesn't post pictures, The Fiero Store doesn't post pictures, Fiero Warehouse doesn't post pictures, Sage nor Norm posted pictures of bucks or fiberglass layups when they were developing products. Why the demand for pictures of the lenses?
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2015 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Rodney doesn't post pictures, The Fiero Store doesn't post pictures, Fiero Warehouse doesn't post pictures, Sage nor Norm posted pictures of bucks or fiberglass layups when they were developing products.

I agree but with these vendors and myself as we all have real names and physical addresses, web pages etc, known history etc. This Slammed person only has a forum name. Slammed. No actual name. web page, address or any known past history (internet or otherwise) to review etc. Nothing. Zero. I have fully supported this Slammed person from the beginning but now I wonder. My opinion now is this is all a scam. Prove me wrong Slammed.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-20-2015 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:
Why the demand for pictures of the lenses?

I presume because a date was stated when pictures would be posted of something, and that date has come and gone by a few weeks now, still with no pictures posted. So people are getting anxious to see the progress they were told would be shown, and having their hopes smashed when there are no updates and pictures.

Just my observation anyway. Maybe some people have sent rude/distasteful/inappropriate/etc… PMs too, that caused the current situation?
fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2015 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You're right. Pictures were promised, but if it were me and the product had flaws, I wouldn't want to post pics and be further picked apart. I'd only show the good parts. Even when a product is finished, so often we pick it apart, even though there is no alternative source for that part.

Pokey posted pics of his quarter window process but they never materialized. I'm still holding out hope that they will get produced. I may not be able to afford them, but I know they will be of benefit to many others and will be purchased, even if they aren't perfect. Some if I recall, were not so kind to Pokey.

Most of our GT tail lights could be salvaged with just a little polishing effort, except for the delamination. If Slammed can produce anything near what we currently have on our cars without the chance of delamination, then we're far ahead of where are today.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 07-20-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2015 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

Just my observation anyway. Maybe some people have sent rude/distasteful/inappropriate/etc… PMs too, that caused the current situation?

When you come on this forum and intend to do business some of us expect potential vendors to follow proper protocol. Giving your real name, address, email, phone and company name establishes you as a person of good intentions. This is what I do and have done and I use my real name. If some forum members are being rude would not all this information calm the concern? I have all of the contact info of all the people that I deal with and have dealt with. To hide behind a screen name and not give out ANY information can only mean that a scam is brewing in the works. If it looks like a scam it probably is.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H

DL10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2015 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Using your real name, address, and lots of photos of your work does nothing to prove you are not a scammer or will not become one. I pretty sure everyone knew who one of the biggest scammers on the forum was, but that didn't stop him from stealing several thousand dollars from several members....... in fact it helped him con more people.
I hope this project gets completed but with all of the negative comment I know I wouldn't keep working on it.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2015 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I feel this was not a scame for money but it was to get every 1 fighting and it has succeeded
lets look at what the OP did or dint do they came on and got every on wanting new lenses and said they would make them but did not give a company name so you could check out there products did not give there name so you could check them out did not provide any info or picture but did set a date to release pictures then did not deliver making the naysayers up roar even louder then the OP disappears from the thread more than likely to just read all the bickering back and forth
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-20-2015 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by engine man:

I feel this was not a scame for money but it was to get every 1 fighting and it has succeeded
lets look at what the OP did or dint do they came on and got every on wanting new lenses and said they would make them but did not give a company name so you could check out there products did not give there name so you could check them out did not provide any info or picture but did set a date to release pictures then did not deliver making the naysayers up roar even louder then the OP disappears from the thread more than likely to just read all the bickering back and forth

Haha. Seems like a lot of work to make something happen, which already happens every day on this forum.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2015 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:

Using your real name, address, and lots of photos of your work does nothing to prove you are not a scammer or will not become one. I pretty sure everyone knew who one of the biggest scammers on the forum was, but that didn't stop him from stealing several thousand dollars from several members....... in fact it helped him con more people.
I hope this project gets completed but with all of the negative comment I know I wouldn't keep working on it.

and the guy you speak of also had several visits by the courts, received some death threats, was visited by those scammed and eventually went into bankruptcy. When people know where you live, agreed, you may still scam but the outcome is usually not sweet. There was an exhaust shop around here that did bad work. One day the owner arrived at his shop and someone put a brick through his front window. I am not suggesting that this is the proper way to handle things but this exhaust guys work seems to have improved of late. Why? because the customers know where to find him and there will be a price to pay if things are not done honestly. You deal with slammed. X takes your money and doesn't deliver. Now what?
As for your last comment I totally disagree. If I were working on a good product to sell why should I care about negative comments? They don't mean anything to me as I run my life on my terms not on someone else's. What is important is that a new product is of proven good quality, looks good and offered at a competitive price. People can trash talk all they want; the product will sell itself. Until we see a product, the posts by this individual is all vaporware!

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2015 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dennis,

Normally I find a lot of sense in your posts, but in an instance where someone isn't asking for money up front, I don't see a reason for them to disclose so much to 'prove' anything. This seems like someone who is just excited to share something they're working on and building up a little hype (there's plenty of marketing that goes on before products are launched, including products that never - or almost never - see the shelves).

If they were asking for deposits or anything, I could see some weight to this... but I have to agree, jumping on someone that isn't asking for anything right now seems a little heavy-handed.

Like one of the guys said earlier, he was looking to try to use his full-time job connections to come up with cool stuff, but was faced with so much negativity (and of course the concern about people being overly-frugal and haggling on price) that he gave up. Which is a shame for guys like me that say "Is this the best that's available? Great, here's a check."

I understand I'm in the minority with that, but I'd rather sit back and keep my fingers crossed, than jump on the nay-sayer bandwagon.

There's all sorts of dream parts I'm pursuing, and the tough part for me has been finding people that want to take on the job! But I don't give up, I just keep asking around, and if all else fails....well, I'll try to make some of them myself, but it's going to be a crappy product, because fabrication skills are something I lack. And that day will make me sad, because I don't like putting crap parts on my car. lol

That said... keeping my fingers crossed! I'd love for some "no imperfections because the tool dies are that old and worn out" GT Lenses!!
How much do I want them? Well... I've spent about 700 bucks so far on 3 sections (two right and one left, I think), and they were all only in "slightly better than what I got" condition. I hate it when I miss out on people selling near-perfect ones.
(Looking at you, Troy Boy!! Buying up all the awesome stuff before I do. lol)
lorennerol

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2015 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Things to NOT be surprised about:

1. People posting opinions on a web forum.
2. People posting opinions on a web forum more strongly that they would in person.
3. People hyping products they'd like to sell on a web forum.
4. People running scams on other people on a web forum.
5. People trying to effect product introduced in item #3 but failing get it done by deadline or at all (see long, long sail panel thread for example).
6. People who've seen scammers or been scammed on a web forum exercising item #1 above to express skepticism and/or doubt about item #3 above.
7. People exercising #2 above to other people exercising #2 in substitution for #1 in #6 (still with me here?)
8. All people involved in #6 noticing #5 going on and increasing the volume to 11 (because "Mine Goes to 11")

In the end there will or won't be a product. If there is, some people will buy it. Anything that happens on this thread between now and the theoretical then will have little effect on how many people buy the product, if it ever gets past #5.

In the meantime, let's all go forward in peace
cyrus88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2015 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cyrus88Send a Private Message to cyrus88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

As for your last comment I totally disagree. If I were working on a good product to sell why should I care about negative comments? They don't mean anything to me as I run my life on my terms not on someone else's. What is important is that a new product is of proven good quality, looks good and offered at a competitive price. People can trash talk all they want; the product will sell itself. Until we see a product, the posts by this individual is all vaporware!

Absolutely! Why would someone abandon a money making enterprise when they claim to have already spent money on R&D just because people on the internet will not believe them without any evidence? The logic of hurt delicate feelings preventing vendors from making money has always evaded me. They are grown human beings and not delicate babies in need of nurturing.

Shho13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2015 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know if I were in Slammed situation where there are people everywhere being all negative and doubting on what she is doing, even though she doesn't want to give away any secrets on how they may be made, or whatever other reason she may have; I honestly don't see a problem with simply putting up one picture of a lens. Doesn't even have to have the black "PONTIAC" shading or anything. A clear lens sitting on a table... nothing more, nothing less.

All the neigh sayers and skeptics would be silenced, the forum would be extremely happy, and I know for a fact we wouldn't be having this discussion right now.

Slammed, I know when this project is completed I am gonna be buying a set if not two... I still believe in you bud, pictures or not! Please keep up the good work... The community as a whole really needs these lenses produced...

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock