remembering my '87 by G25Cisnow40
Started on: 04-15-2015 12:20 PM
Replies: 13 (260 views)
Last post by: G25Cisnow40 on 04-16-2015 12:40 AM
G25Cisnow40

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for G25Cisnow40Send a Private Message to G25Cisnow40Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought my childhood dream car in 1999. It was a Black '87 GT with grey lower. I paid 3500 for it and it had around 80k miles. I Loved the car- the grey interior with sunroof and all power options, the way it rumbled a little on start up. Shifting the 5speed. It was great. The only complaint I had was there was no wing on the back. It had a luggage rack.

And then in a short year... it had to go.

I was a single dad at the time. Me and my 2 year old daughter rode in our Fiero everywhere. But thanks to a couple bills, I had to sell something. In mid 2000 was when I did.

I do not remember the ladies name who bought my Fiero. She was from Michigan and drove down with another lady and two large dogs in a late 80 's or 90's mustang.

She checked my GT over and loved it.

I remember her looking at the clean engine and yelling back to the other girl (who was still in the mustang) about it. The other girl rolled her eyes and said very loudly, "I don't care. Just get it and let's go." Lol.

She put down a deposit and came back the next weekend and we finished the deal and away my Fiero went. With its new owner.

I never forgot my GT. Since then I have looked through classified and watched the market on Fieros.

I wanted to do a vin search on it just to see what ever happened to it. But my original loan papers do not show the vin. I stopped at the DMV. They searched but could not find it. They said a year ago all files were purged from their system.

My bank also said their old records were not kept back that far. Likewise, my insurance company could not trace back this record which is at least 16 years old now.

Perhaps a member on here owns and enjoys my old ride? Or knows of someone? The only thing I have left is a couple pictures, the liscence plates, and a years worth of fun memories.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
An 87 GT with a luggage rack has got to be pretty rare.
Domtech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DomtechSend a Private Message to DomtechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Often if you know the state and licence plate then that is enough to search for it on a site like car-fax.

No idea if it works after that much time though.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There must be something unique about your car. Did you check your old insurance cards? Or even call your insurance company?

It seems like we just did this for someone else's car. Never heard the outcome.
G25Cisnow40

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for G25Cisnow40Send a Private Message to G25Cisnow40Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I actually got the vin # from the DMV over a year ago. I wrote "do not throw away" and stuck it to the computer desk. I haven't seen it since then. I know my liscence plate number. But being that long out of service I don't know if it can do any good.

G25Cisnow40

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for G25Cisnow40Send a Private Message to G25Cisnow40Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

G25Cisnow40

8 posts
Member since Oct 2014
I don't know if there was anything unique about it. I think it had all options except for the wing:

GT Black with grey lower.
power windows, locks, mirrors.
rear defrost
electric trunk
leather steering wheel.
Leather map pocket
Grey interior. Cloth seats.
2.8 5 speed
sunroof with storage bag and wind bar.
Full gauges
Luggage rack
Wheel nut locks and tool
cassette player
air conditioning

(can't remember if it had cruise or not)

I thought these options were pretty well standard on a 87 GT?

[This message has been edited by G25Cisnow40 (edited 04-15-2015).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I meant unique things, like a small wiring mod, or anything that could have happened since new that gave the car character. The car could have a different engine, be a different color, or whatever, but some things wouldn't change, or may not be worth the effort.

Mine has the rear clip fastened wrong. Some of the rivets are metal. There are some wiring anomalies. My left front marker sits high. There are initials on some of the frame parts. There are markings with arrows, and ”this way” or ”this part first”. There is a hole in a particular place.

You had the car for a year. There must've been something.
G25Cisnow40

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for G25Cisnow40Send a Private Message to G25Cisnow40Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anything could have happened by now. I sold it with over 100k. Maybe 120k?
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car may have changed owners and locations over the last 15 years, perhaps several times, or had an engine swap, paint color change, etc. You can set up an automatic search on eBay which will pick up cars sold in US and CN. I did this about six months ago and was surprised to find that my prior GT was up for sale. If you post your pictures here using the Pennock's Image Poster (see the link at the bottom of any page) they might jog someone's memory

Good luck on your search!!

John
G25Cisnow40

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for G25Cisnow40Send a Private Message to G25Cisnow40Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is all i have

G25Cisnow40

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for G25Cisnow40Send a Private Message to G25Cisnow40Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

G25Cisnow40

8 posts
Member since Oct 2014
^ My daughter says, "Give me the keys Dad".

[This message has been edited by G25Cisnow40 (edited 04-15-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Crooked sticker on rear bumper, aftermarket radio.
G25Cisnow40

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2015 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for G25Cisnow40Send a Private Message to G25Cisnow40Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep. Maybe those would be a give away to it.
G25Cisnow40

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2015 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for G25Cisnow40Send a Private Message to G25Cisnow40Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

G25Cisnow40

8 posts
Member since Oct 2014
Fuzz buster mount on top. From previous owner. I know the dream catcher air fresher was not in it when I sold it. My daughter wanted it.

The lady who bought it from me remarked at how good the interior smelled. That was because I put a downy fabric softner sheet under each seat.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock