MD Fiero Cruise - May 2 by MAFOA Events
Started on: 04-10-2015 09:39 AM
Replies: 27 (467 views)
Last post by: Fierochic88 on 05-06-2015 12:40 PM
MAFOA Events

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2015 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi All,

Just a quick reminder of the fantastic cruise Dwane Jackson (dajack) has planned for Baltimore County in 3 weeks! Info is available HERE and is also posted below.

MAFOA BOD

If you're like me and enjoy taking your favorite play toy out for a cruise though the country side, then read on my friend. I'd like to invite you to join me on a Fiero Cruise through Baltimore County Maryland. We'll be cruising some of my favorite roads and checking out the scenery.

We will gather at Hunt Valley Town Center, 50 Shawan Road, Cockeysville, MD 21030. Please plan to arrive at 9:00am and look for me (88 medium red metallic, Fiero GT) near the Joe's Crab Shack. The "Hunt Valley Horsepower" (Car and Coffee) meet should be in full swing. You'll have time to check out the cars in attendance and get coffee and/or a bite to eat at Pete's Coffee or Panera Bread. See the links below to see what these shops have to offer. They are located across the parking lot from Joe’s Crab Shack.

We will leave the parking lot at 10:00am. Our cruise will include a trip to and through the Loch Raven Reservoir and various roads that you should enjoy. After we leave the reservoir, we will head over to route 147 through some twists and turns and return to the Hunt Valley Town Center for lunch at Joes Crab Shack. See the link below to find out what's on the menu. Time wise, the cruise should last between 2 and 3 hours. We'll cover between 50 and 75 miles round trip.

If you'd like to join in on the fun or you have any questions, send me an email to dajack@fieropride.com. I'd like to get a head count so I know how many to expect and reserve enough seats at the restaurant.
I hope to see you there!

Links
Hunt Valley Horse Power (Cars and Coffee)
http://horsepowering.com/everysaturdaymorning/

Pete's Coffee and Tea
http://www.shophuntvalley.c...ning/peets-coffeete/

Panera Bread
http://www.shophuntvalley.c...dining/panera-bread/

Joe's Crab Shack
http://www.shophuntvalley.c...ing/joes-crab-shack/

When - Saturday, May 2nd, 2015.
Arrive at 9:00am.
Start cruise at 10:00am.

Where - Hunt Valley Town Center, 50 Shawan Road, Cockeysville, MD 21030
Near Joes Crab Shack
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fieronut83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2015 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fieronut83Send a Private Message to Fieronut83Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This event sounds fun. We are supposed to be visiting our daughter that weekend but I will see if I can change that.

John
MAFOA Events

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bumping this up for Dwane. The FB crowd is gearing this up - would love to see some PFFers there too!

MAFOA BOD
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2015 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heading to BMV/DMV/MVA to get MD plates tomorrow.
dajack761

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2015 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Folks,

I'm keeping an eye on weather for the cruise on Saturday. As of today there is a 10% chance of rain with a high temp of 71 degrees. With any luck we still may be able to hit the road. I'll keep you posted.

YouTube Cruise preview.

[This message has been edited by dajack761 (edited 04-27-2015).]

no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2015 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The BMV doesn't do title transfer or tags on Saturday, & given the current events, I'm not sure that I'll get my car legal by Saturday. It's insured, but no legit plates.
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2015 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by no2pencil:

The BMV doesn't do title transfer or tags on Saturday, & given the current events, I'm not sure that I'll get my car legal by Saturday. It's insured, but no legit plates.

dude... tag and title place... ii NEVER goto the DMV anymore. I use Parkville tag and title on Harford rd usually. never took longer then 10minutes.

no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2015 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good advice, looks like that is just under half an hour from me.
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2015 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Good advice, looks like that is just under half an hour from me.

Hey No2pencil,

I can't PM for some reason. Shoot me an email dajack761 at gmail dot com.
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2015 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dajack761

312 posts
Member since Oct 2012
Hey Folks,

The cruise is this Saturday and barring any severe weather changes we will be hitting the road as planned. I'm trying to firm up my head count so if you could shoot me email to dajack761 at gmail dot com. I'm sure that's not cryptic enough to fool a bot but I'm not feeling up to morse code at the moment...but I digress.

So far I have the following Fiero folk attending

dajack761
NavyFieroDriver81
No2pencil
Cmechmann
MyTime
PatrickTRoof
ShadeTree
Bmwguru won't be able to make it this time.

And 4 others from Facebook and the MAFOA website.

As a side note, some attendees from outlying areas have asked if the civil unrest in Baltimore City will impact the cruise. The answer to that question is no. Our cruise route is outside of the city limits. We will be traveling north and east of the city on county roads. We will be far removed from any uphieval and will be able to enjoy a fun cruise in our iconic cars and end the adventure with a sea food lunch at Joe's Crab Shack.

[This message has been edited by dajack761 (edited 05-01-2015).]

hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2015 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ill see you there in the morning, wont be cruising tho
PFF
System Bot
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2015 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hookdonspeed:
dude... tag and title place... ii NEVER goto the DMV anymore. I use Parkville tag and title on Harford rd usually. never took longer then 10minutes.

Once we got in, yes it took about 10 minutes. Was about 30 minutes late opening though :/

Still beat the BMV though. Awesome doughnut place next door.

Really hope BMWGURU makes it. Would love to see his car.
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2015 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hookdonspeed:

ill see you there in the morning, wont be cruising tho

Hey Hookedonspeed,

Sorry you won't be cruising with us, but it will be good to see you.
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2015 05:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Once we got in, yes it took about 10 minutes. Was about 30 minutes late opening though :/

Still beat the BMV though. Awesome doughnut place next door.

Really hope BMWGURU makes it. Would love to see his car.

I really would have wanted to make this one, but I have been sick for three weeks. I am finally starting to feel better and I've been taking it easy to get myself better.

Dave
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2015 06:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another time then, rest up
RJS525

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2015 06:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RJS525Click Here to visit RJS525's HomePageSend a Private Message to RJS525Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will make it for the cruise.. Won't be staying for lunch though.
See you all around 9:00ish
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2015 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2015 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look's like you had a good turnout and a great day for a drive!
FTF Engineering

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2015 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FTF EngineeringSend a Private Message to FTF EngineeringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent! That looks like it was a lot of fun!

It was a beautiful day for a cruise and the cars look great!
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2015 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a great time! ;-)

Great job Dwane!

~ Jen
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2015 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to everyone for coming! We really did get lucky with the weather Saturday, it was a beautiful day. We had a great turn out and I hope everyone enjoyed the event as much as I did. The Fiero was in fact well represent at Hunt Valley Horse Power (Cars and Coffee)! Special thanks to MyTime for opening his beautiful home to all the cruisers for a pit stop and picture taking opportunity. Thanks No2Pencil for posting up those great pictures. I'm trying to get in touch with everyone to find out there chosen medium, platform or website for sharing there picture and video, let us know where we can see them. I'm still working on editing the GoPro and cell phone video I took. I've been uploading what I have to facebook and YouTube. I should have everthing on some form of shareable media in the next few days. I'll update this thread with YouTube links when I get it all done.

Thanks again for coming and I hope to see you on the next one!
PFF
System Bot
jazz4cash

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2015 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jazz4cashSend a Private Message to jazz4cashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had a blast.....thanks for putting this together and thanks to all the participants. Looking forward to the next one.
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2015 05:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jazz4cash:

Had a blast.....thanks for putting this together and thanks to all the participants. Looking forward to the next one.

Thanks for coming and I'm glad you had a good time!

If you search YouTube for my screen name and Fiero cruise, you.ll find the videos that I took.
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2015 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jazz4cash:

So the two Garry's were reunited? ;-) Sorry I missed seeing you Garry Cashwell! It's been too long!

~ Jen

Fieronut83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2015 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fieronut83Send a Private Message to Fieronut83Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear that I missed this great event. Hope that there is another one being planned soon.

John
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2015 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierochic88:

So the two Garry's were reunited? ;-) Sorry I missed seeing you Garry Cashwell! It's been too long!

~ Jen

Hey Jen, we had only one Garry for the cruise. Garry D had a prior commitment. He'll join us on the next one.
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2015 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dajack761

312 posts
Member since Oct 2012

Originally posted by Fieronut83:

Sorry to hear that I missed this great event. Hope that there is another one being planned soon.

John

Sorry you missed this one, but we'll do it again.
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2015 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dajack761:

Hey Jen, we had only one Garry for the cruise. Garry D had a prior commitment. He'll join us on the next one.

I'm sure Garry D was disappointed!! Hope to see all of you guys soon.

~ Jen

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock