Delorean by Csjag
Started on: 04-02-2015 07:19 PM
Replies: 41 (1603 views)
Last post by: hyperv6 on 04-20-2015 07:25 AM
Carcenomy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2015 03:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are of course weaknesses, but twice now the little buggers have saved my life. I've had a frame pop in half, side impact just behind the B pillar at about 50MPH. I climbed out of the wreck with a bit of a concussion from headbutting the window but otherwise all good. The other was someone who pulled out in front of me on the highway, T-boned him at about 40MPH. Car crumpled as designed, a little whiplash and some light bruising but again climbed out and all good. Those are some pretty good outcomes.

Of course I know if it was something dramatically more modern things would be equally good or better, there's a reason a Fiero isn't ANCAP 5 star or anything.

As for the DeLorean, the only crash test anything I could find was a 40MPH brick wall test. Yeeeeeouch!
IP: Logged
hyperv6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2015 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know what you mean. I agree the Fiero was as good as they had in that era for that size car.

But some do get a little over the top and like to treat the space frame as if they were in a NASCAR Cup Car.

I too crashed one and still drive it today as proof of how it is up front. So there is a great value of strength but I would not temper it with some reality. While I walked away I have two people I know that did not. By the way it was a spin in the mountains and t boned in the side. The car snapped in half and they were killed. It was not a high speed crash either.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 04-20-2015).]

IP: Logged
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock