Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  New Fastback Tail Light Lenses ( NOS ) $$$$$ (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
New Fastback Tail Light Lenses ( NOS ) $$$$$ by Danyel
Started on: 03-15-2015 08:08 PM
Replies: 77 (2463 views)
Last post by: Danyel on 04-21-2015 09:26 PM
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2015 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm just wondering how much these are going to sell for .... I say at least 1.2K for the pair ANYONE willing to guesstimate !!

Ebay Lenses

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 03-15-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2015 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More than the 99¢
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2015 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by no2pencil:

More than the 99¢

He has a RESERVE on it ....
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2015 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i was the lead bidder at 1.04 for a sec or two.

------------------
1992 SVX LS-L
1998 Ford F150 Super Cab V8 4X4
2003 PT Dream Cruser #1801
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8

FieroNews
FieroNews Spare Tire Cover

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2015 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmmm...... :P?
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2015 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Thomas:

hahahaha I'm at the $400 mark ..... still reserve not met ....
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2015 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008
Lasted 1 minute lol .... 1.2 K getting there
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2015 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Thomas:

Yeah, I thought of bidding $1.04 on them, just for fun. The thing is, they're still just as old as mine. I wouldn't dare use them. This may be the last ”new” set in existence. I wouldn't want to be the guy who ruined them by using them. I mean, a bump resulting in delamination, or a rock taking a chip out.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2015 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Yeah, I thought of bidding $1.04 on them, just for fun. The thing is, they're still just as old as mine. I wouldn't dare use them. This may be the last ”new” set in existence. I wouldn't want to be the guy who ruined them by using them. I mean, a bump resulting in delamination, or a rock taking a chip out.

Something tells me they will be installed in a show car .... NOT a daily driver ....
litespd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2015 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

This may be the last ”new” set in existence.

Nope....they're not.

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2015 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by litespd:
Nope....they're not.

Are yours OEM like the ones on Ebay or TFS repros??

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 03-15-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2015 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 01-05-2016).]

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2015 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let me say this first to be very clear; I am NO expert on the tail light lenses, and do not know much about the NOS compared to the Fiero Store ones.

That said, I do know a run of the Fiero Store ones had small blemishes while they were working out the kinks. They used the original GM molds to produce them.

I have heard that a problem with the Fiero Store ones was the letter "T" was warped, and not totally correct". Looking that the "NOS" ones on the eBay listing, the "T" is REALLY screwed up. The "T" on my Fiero Store reproductions is NO WHERE as bad as it is on the eBay ones.

They are listed on eBay as "NOS", however, could these be Fiero Store reproductions?

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2015 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

I have heard that a problem with the Fiero Store ones was the letter "T" was warped, and not totally correct". Looking that the "NOS" ones on the eBay listing, the "T" is REALLY screwed up. The "T" on my Fiero Store reproductions is NO WHERE as bad as it is on the eBay ones.

Perhaps it's just an illusion in the image you've posted. That "warp" doesn't appear to show up from the back.

I won't be buying them, so it makes no difference to me.
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2015 02:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So glad mine have been kept wrapped as new in cupboard last 10 yrs. Not for sale.
css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2015 06:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

They are listed on eBay as "NOS", however, could these be Fiero Store reproductions?

I think you're right. And that's why I "Hmmmm'd" earlier. I don't think they're NOS. Isn't that the same protective film the FS ones came with? Not that that proves anything of course.

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2015 06:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seems strange if Fiero store ones would have said "Remove at Dealer" on them.
css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2015 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
True, I might just be mis-remembering. Maybe there's an old thread here which shows them from, what, must be 9 or 10 years ago now. Maybe not quite that many.

EDIT: Here's the thread, from 2005:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...060811-1-056292.html

[This message has been edited by css9450 (edited 03-16-2015).]

litespd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2015 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Are yours OEM like the ones on Ebay or TFS repros??

Mine are OEM, NOS. When I had my car redone in 2000, the taillights were in bad shape, so I bought a new set and installed them. When I heard that GM was discontinuing the taillight lenses, I went and bought another set, for just in case. I also have a NOS set of GT sail panels....the same thing, when I heard they were being discontinued, I had my dealer get me a set in case they were needed somewhere down the road.

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2015 07:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by litespd:

Mine are OEM, NOS. When I had my car redone in 2000, the taillights were in bad shape, so I bought a new set and installed them. When I heard that GM was discontinuing the taillight lenses, I went and bought another set, for just in case. I also have a NOS set of GT sail panels....the same thing, when I heard they were being discontinued, I had my dealer get me a set in case they were needed somewhere down the road.

Can you post a pic of them in their wrapper ?? That way we can see if the ones on Ebay are TFS or OEM like yours?
css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2015 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Can you post a pic of them in their wrapper ?? That way we can see if the ones on Ebay are TFS or OEM like yours?

In another old thread - I'd post a link but the pics no longer work unfortunately - they were mentioning the Fiero Store taillights for some reason came with the same film as the factory-new GM originals. No one knows why. But that's why I mentioned above that the film really doesn't prove anything.
PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2015 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you zoom in and look closely...this set seems to have the DOT labeling etched in the proper place:
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Did the reproductions have these as well?

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 03-17-2015).]

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2015 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh the irony. Today I just shattered the mint, perfect right taillight lens cover on my '88 GT. The worst part is that I don't have anyone to blame but my dumb old self!!! I opened the wrong garage door that had something blocking it (which I never should have left there in the first place!) Well, it looks like now I DO NOT have an extra set of NOS lenses. What an idiot.

Dr. W.

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen IV replacement GT trunk seals with miter double bonded corners are now in production. $95 shipped to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2015 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now that's what I call a BIATCH !!!!! I know the feeling two years ago while doin a upgrade I dropped a PON..... Damn thing didnt even bounce it hit the ground face down like a bag of patatoes ... CRACK !!! didnt even look at it gave it a kick out of the garage door !!!! total PI$$OFF

Danyel
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2015 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Perhaps it's just an illusion in the image you've posted. That "warp" doesn't appear to show up from the back.

The back and the front are 2 different things. The "Back" is a black plastic, with the lettering cut out. There is another layer on the front that is cutout to show through to the lettering. Kinda hard to explain.....

As for the plastic with the remove at dealer writing, yes my Fiero Store lights were wrapped in that plastic. I remember thinking how strange it was that they had that wrapped around them being reproductions and all.

Yes, the DOT lettering is on the Fiero Store Reproductions. Here is a photo take of my reproductions a couple minutes ago:

I do not want to jump to conclusions, but the "T" on my Fiero Store reproductions certainly looks exactly like the one from the NOS eBay auction....

I think he knows these are Fiero Store reproductions. No where in the ad does he mention GM, or OEM. Just that they are NOS, which they are, no matter who made them, they most certainly are "New Old Stock".

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 03-17-2015).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2015 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The back and the front are 2 different things. The "Back" is a black plastic, with the lettering cut out. There is another layer on the front that is cutout to show through to the lettering. Kinda hard to explain.....

Okay, I think I know what you're saying.

Nice laces.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2015 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Nice laces.

They match my car... coincidence or not?

I am surprised that the comment was about my shoes, and not about wearing shorts in March

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 03-17-2015).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2015 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JohnWPB

5182 posts
Member since May 2009
CONFIRMED. They are Fiero Store reproductions. Here is an email I just received less than 2 minutes ago:

Dear johnwpbfl,

OK. I will try to add photos with the clear wrap pulled back and clarify
NOS as "New Old Stock". I do not say they are NOS GM but I will make that
much more clear in the description.
Thanks

-jrelgin
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2015 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am surprised that the comment was about my shoes, and not about wearing shorts in March

Why? People wear shorts here on the coast all year round.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 03-17-2015).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2015 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CONFIRMED. They are Fiero Store reproductions. Here is an email I just received less than 2 minutes ago:

Dear johnwpbfl,

OK. I will try to add photos with the clear wrap pulled back and clarify
NOS as "New Old Stock". I do not say they are NOS GM but I will make that
much more clear in the description.
Thanks

-jrelgin

Hopefully whoever bid $600 for NOS knows that they are NOT really NOS. I don't know on what planet reproductions can be called NOS but that is fraud. He can claim ignorance all he wants but should be reported to eBay.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2015 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Hopefully whoever bid $600 for NOS knows that they are NOT really NOS. I don't know on what planet reproductions can be called NOS but that is fraud. He can claim ignorance all he wants but should be reported to eBay.

Though I tend to agree with you on it being very misleading. However, technically & legally I think they can be listed as NOS. NOS, as we know, stands for "New Old Stock". Technically they are NEW and are old Fiero Store stock. they are NOT OEM, but he never mentions that they are.

Again it is misleading, but legally I think he is covered. Shady for certain......

PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2015 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 03-19-2015).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2015 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't want argue semantics, but in my humble opinion to be considered NOS the item has to manufactured by the OEM. Or at least would have to be manufactured at the same time as the original parts were in production, say within 10 years of the original date of manufacture and by the same company that produced the originals.

The fact that the original molds or dies were used on these reproductions is irrelevant. There are tons of threads on how the Fiero Store reproductions are not up to OEM standards. I think it's misleading enough that eBay should close the auction and force him to relist it. But that's just my opinion.

Then again...maybe it's the language barrier. In performing a web search, apparently in Canada "NOS" and "Reproduction" apparently mean the same thing. The final words then are "Caveat emptor"

https://www.nosreproductions.com/page/about-us

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 03-19-2015).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2015 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:
I don't want argue semantics, but in my humble opinion to be considered NOS the item has to manufactured by the OEM.

I whole heartily agree with you. I was just pointing out that I do not think legally there is any backing for eBay to remove or block the item the way it is worded.

Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2015 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So what's the conclusion after all this discussion? Are those shorts OEM or NOS?

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2015 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vernon8360:

So what's the conclusion after all this discussion? Are those shorts OEM or NOS?

Probably NOS not on sale
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2015 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a question, the auction has a reserve yes? I wonder if his reserve is in line with NOS OEM, or NOS Reproduction That will point to ignorance, or blatant misinformation.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2015 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Look at my posts a few posts back with his email reply. That would tend to make me think they are Fiero Store reproductions, and that he knows it.

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2015 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Look at my posts a few posts back with his email reply. That would tend to make me think they are Fiero Store reproductions, and that he knows it.

John read Art's comment v--ee---ee-r---rrr-----yyy--- slowly if he would of written KEYS I'm sure you would of got it right away

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 03-20-2015).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2015 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ouch! Danyel, you are right, I TOTALLY missed that! the SHORTS are, in my case at least, neither OEM or NOS. They are almost 2 years old, and heavily used. (I better clarify for some people, he is referring to the shorts Dean found in my Fiero.... err....ELECTRICAL shorts just to be perfectly clear

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock