Where do I get one of these? by TXOPIE
Started on: 03-09-2015 12:19 PM
Replies: 7 (564 views)
Last post by: TXOPIE on 03-09-2015 04:37 PM
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2015 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK...we have a 1988 Pontiac Fiero 2dr Coupe GT for sale on e-bay at the moment...not interested in the car, but I love the steering wheel:

It looks like someone modified an after-market wheel and married it to the stock hub.

It is being sold by a dealer, but if this was your car and you can identify the after-market wheel and share a little on how you completed the task...I would be very appreciative.

This wheel would look amazing with my new G1 dash's colors:

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post03-09-2015 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's a Grant GT Classic.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2015 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

It's a Grant GT Classic.

Thanks...Dobey Grant GT Classic Wood Steering Wheel...now called: Grant 714 Formula GT:

Marring the two together is a easy now that I see the wheel not installed...since I have taken apart a few stock hubs and steering wheels.

Here is stock wheel disasbled:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 03-09-2015).]

pcgold

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2015 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

OK...we have a 1988 Pontiac Fiero 2dr Coupe GT for sale on e-bay at the moment...not interested in the car, but I love the steering wheel:

It looks like someone modified an after-market wheel and married it to the stock hub.

It is being sold by a dealer, but if this was your car and you can identify the after-market wheel and share a little on how you completed the task...I would be very appreciative.

Hey, I saw that too and was going to ask the same question. Thanx for doing it for me.

Note: expired ebay listing, maybe seller still interested: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Gran...Finish-/311304314913

[This message has been edited by pcgold (edited 03-09-2015).]

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post03-09-2015 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2015 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm guessing you guys might like my wheel then. [URL=http://s100.photobucket.com/user/zdmcdonal/media/20140426_093320 _zpsfpsmgear.jpg.html][/URL]

It was made by a forum member on here for his personal car. I bought it from him when he had to sell the car because he had back issues. The wheel is handcrafted walnut from a fiero wheel and uses a cnc cut stainless ring welded to the original fiero spokes that the wood is a fixed to. It really is a piece of art and you can tell it was a labor of love when he made it.

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2015 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I ordered the Formula GT Mahogany Steering Wheel - Grant (704) and this my plans:

Will have the arms leather wrapped in the same ebony as my dash.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2015 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
I also just found a guy who does custom wood shift knobs!

http://www.cgwoodcraft.com/vintage.html

Going to have him match the steering wheel color exactly and do a custom logo on top!

Here is one he did for a Miata:

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock