EFI tuning dvd's,books,online class by engine man
Started on: 03-08-2015 04:09 PM
Replies: 2 (100 views)
Last post by: engine man on 03-08-2015 06:11 PM
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2015 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now that i have my car with a Megasquirt 2 i would like to understand how to tune better i do have 1 book on it but i am looking to find out if any of you have found a certain book , dvd , ect that helped you the most to understand it
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post03-08-2015 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.youtube.com/res...=megasquirt+2+tuning

That looks like it has a few decent videos. Mostly, it's just understanding the limits of the ECM you're using, and what the engine you're using, needs to work most efficiently. Logging and adjusting the numbers while on a dyno, at a drag strip, etc… are the best ways to dial things in.

The stuff I've generally been reading is probably way more technical than what you're looking for (CAN/GM-LAN specs, research papers on burn rates of fuel, etc…), so I won't bother trying to come up with a list of those.
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2015 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do want to understand how to do more than the megasquirt and i understand burn rates of different octane fuels and different compressions ratio in other words trying to get maximum cylinder pressure at the perfect crank angle for maximum power for that engine

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock