Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Anyone do ls1 or l32 swaps in houston or texas area?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Anyone do ls1 or l32 swaps in houston or texas area? by monroy261
Started on: 02-24-2015 12:07 AM
Replies: 7 (439 views)
Last post by: TXOPIE on 02-26-2015 12:56 PM
monroy261

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2015 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for monroy261Send a Private Message to monroy261Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looking to get a ls1 or l32 swap done in houston or texas area on an 88 fiero 2.8 v6 5 speed getrag
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2015 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MstangsBware might be able to do it for you.. I'm not certain if he still does swaps for people but I know he's in Texas and has done some very nice swaps over the years for different members. I'd give him a shout.

Here's a link to his profile you can PM him and ask:
//www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin...serName=MstangsBware
monroy261

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for monroy261Send a Private Message to monroy261Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yea talked to stephen a while back ago hes got a couple cars hes working on at the moment and im looking to get it done soon thanks for the reply though
mptighe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 03:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by monroy261:

yea talked to stephen a while back ago hes got a couple cars hes working on at the moment and im looking to get it done soon thanks for the reply though

He's probably the closest. My car went to NJ after I exhausted all options here in Houston. If you do find someone I'd camp there while they have your car. I had two shops burn me locally and blew about $15k in the process. Good luck.

[This message has been edited by mptighe (edited 02-26-2015).]

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 05:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It pays to wait when it comes to swaps in Fieros. Seems like it should be a simple task but seems that non Fiero shops just can't get it right..No matter how easy u make it for them.

nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

It pays to wait when it comes to swaps in Fieros. Seems like it should be a simple task but seems that non Fiero shops just can't get it right..No matter how easy u make it for them.

Agreed, it is a specialty trade.
I have had numerous shops say no problem we can do that. Then they Fux up a relatively basic install because "THEY WON'T FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS" they seems to think they already know how to do it and will argue with you instead of reading the document. I have given step by step guide with pictures and a shop and they still Fux it up. Also, if the person doing your car is NOT getting directly paid by you they don't take special care of your car. Think about it, a mechanic is getting $20 an hour but you pay the shop $60 hour + some BS fees for "extra" work needed to remove that rusted bolt. The actual mechanic is NOT reaping the benefits of the work.

Experienced swappers like MstangsBware are what your really want. Try to find an individual who has personally swapped his Fiero and try and get them to do it for you.
You may have to ship your car out of state but you gotta do what you gotta do.

If those are not viable options then you have to start interviewing individuals/shops like they are taking care of your only infant child that has special needs.

Also, be sure to agree on a FIXED price because there will be some issues, as there always are. Nothing like getting shop raped when a $500 job turns in a $1500 bill.

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post02-26-2015 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:
If those are not viable options then you have to start interviewing individuals/shops like they are taking care of your only infant child that has special needs.

Or make the investment in yourself to learn the skills and tools necessary, and just do it without paying someone else to do it. It will of course take even longer to do it this way if you don't already have those skills/tools. But then at least you are learning something and don't waste money on some shop not doing it right, and you can fix it yourself when it breaks.
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Originally posted by nosrac:

Agreed, it is a specialty trade.
I have had numerous shops say no problem we can do that. Then they Fux up a relatively basic install because "THEY WON'T FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS" they seems to think they already know how to do it and will argue with you instead of reading the document. I have given step by step guide with pictures and a shop and they still Fux it up. Also, if the person doing your car is NOT getting directly paid by you they don't take special care of your car. Think about it, a mechanic is getting $20 an hour but you pay the shop $60 hour + some BS fees for "extra" work needed to remove that rusted bolt. The actual mechanic is NOT reaping the benefits of the work.

Experienced swappers like MstangsBware are what your really want. Try to find an individual who has personally swapped his Fiero and try and get them to do it for you.
You may have to ship your car out of state but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Also, be sure to agree on a FIXED price because there will be some issues, as there always are. Nothing like getting shop raped when a $500 job turns in a $1500 bill.

TIME FOR TO ADD THE TRIFECTA...WAIT for the right mechanic...someone like MstangsBware (the infamous Mr. Poe)!
OR 8.5 times out of 10 you will regret it when it comes to our little cars...speaking from personal experience!

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 02-26-2015).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock