Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  21st Annual Fieros at Carlisle - June 27, 2015 (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
21st Annual Fieros at Carlisle - June 27, 2015 by MAFOA Events
Started on: 02-09-2015 09:21 AM
Replies: 168 (3261 views)
Last post by: Fierochic88 on 07-01-2015 06:35 PM
MAFOA Events

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2015 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi All,

Still thinking about Carlisle but didn't register yet? There's still plenty of time!!

Pre-registration is over, but you can "regular" register through Carlisle's website: http://store.carlisleevents...chResults.asp?Cat=25

Any Fiero and any club is welcome! In order to register now, go to Carlisle's website, or call them on the phone. Just remember to tell them your club affiliation is the Mid-Atlantic Fiero Owner's Association (MAFOA). You don't have to be a MAFOA member, but you're there with MAFOA anyway since we are the local club who is hosting the show.

And if all else fails, register the day of the show. Tell them you are with MAFOA and you'll have to stand in the long line, but at least you'll be there.

Classes this year are:

Classes this year will be:
Stock Notchback
Stock Fastback
Custom Notchback
Custom Fastback
Modified Notchback
Modified Fastback
Factory Stock
Daily Driver

Specific information on classing your car is available at the MAFOA website:
https://sites.google.com/si...classifying-your-car

Additional special awards will be offered in a variety of categories!

Come on out and enjoy what is going to be a fantastic show!

MAFOA BOD

[This message has been edited by MAFOA Events (edited 06-08-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
85pontiac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2015 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85pontiacSend a Private Message to 85pontiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I missed the last couple of years, but I'll be back this year for sure!

------------------
Adam
1984 Sport Coupe Auto., 130,~~~ miles, bad duke
1985 Sport Coupe 5 Speed, 57,000 miles
1987 GT Auto., 155,~~~ miles awaiting V8 project start
2007 Chev Avalanche daily driver
1989 Yamaha V Max

MAFOA Events

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2015 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just realized that this thread hadn't been updated - but fixed that issue. Appreciate the reminder! Carlisle is less than 3 months away! We look forward to seeing everyone there from all clubs on the East Coast, from our friends in Mason-Dixon and NEFA to our faithful Canadian counterparts.

MAFOA BOD

[This message has been edited by MAFOA Events (edited 03-31-2015).]

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2015 05:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trying to register but the pay pal option does not come up when I hit the submit button.
MAFOA Events

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2015 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steve, will head over there in a few to check it out. Thanks for the heads up.
MAFOA Events

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2015 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MAFOA Events

174 posts
Member since Jan 2014
Steve - It's officially fixed! Please let us know if you have any further difficulties. Look forward to seeing you in June!
steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2015 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you! Entered and paid ----- Looking forward to seeing everyone in June.

The Northern VA Carlisle Caravan will be announced and planned beginning May 15ish.

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2015 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Of course, my sister has picked this day of all days to get married. Hmmm....wonder if I have to be at the wedding? ;-)

~ Jen
88FieroGT TTops

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2015 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FieroGT TTopsSend a Private Message to 88FieroGT TTopsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Registered and paid

------------------
Pat Jones

steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2015 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierochic88:

Of course, my sister has picked this day of all days to get married. Hmmm....wonder if I have to be at the wedding? ;-)

~ Jen

I'm sure we can find a preacher in Carlisle and have the ceremony under the MAFOA tent.
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2015 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll run that by her Steve :-)
PFF
System Bot
steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2015 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Get married on Friday, honeymoon at the MAFOA tent on Saturday. Could be a viable option. (to some )

[This message has been edited by steve308 (edited 04-04-2015).]

x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2015 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

~ Jen

Tell your sister to re think her decision LOL
Make it the weekend before then honeymoon at the car show like we did back in 2007

HOT TUB party, how many more beers are needed? hahahahaha...
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2015 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

Get married on Friday, honeymoon at the MAFOA tent on Saturday. Could be a viable option. (to some )

My sister 10 years ago - definitely - now, not so much ;-)

However, Adam P. has a great idea - anyone's welcome to drop by and party!! (And Adam - the Hot Tub will be there - it is owned by my parents neighbors now!!)
Fieronut83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2015 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fieronut83Send a Private Message to Fieronut83Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking forward to visiting Carlisle for the first time in nearly 15 years. Gotta tackle that checklist.

John
MAFOA Events

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2015 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking forward to seeing all of you! Keep those registrations rolling in.

MAFOA BOD
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2015 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Classes this year are:

Classes this year will be:
Stock Notchback
Stock Fastback
Custom Notchback
Custom Fastback
Modified Notchback
Modified Fastback
Factory Stock
Daily Driver

What class would a Mera fit into?

Nelson
steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2015 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MAFOA has a breakdown of what goes where on their webpage - there is a category for 'rebodies' aka Major Change - or Modified. Check it out and hope you can make it.
MAFOA Events

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2015 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for sharing Steve. MAFOA's webpage is www.mafoa.com

Hopefully we can have more rebodies turn out this year and convince Carlisle that they need their own class in 2016.

MAFOA BOD
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2015 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steve,

She asked if MAFOA would pay for the wedding lol.

Jen
steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2015 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll buy her a perogi and a beer. The groom is own his own --- (He might as well get use to it)
PFF
System Bot
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'll buy her a perogi and a beer. The groom is own his own --- (He might as well get use to it)

Heck, beer and a perogi sounds good to me ;-) Hopefully I'll make it up to NoVa soon!

FTF Engineering

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2015 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FTF EngineeringSend a Private Message to FTF EngineeringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking forward to the show as well!!

Has it really been 21 years that MAFOA club has been hosting this event?
hackman127

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2015 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hackman127Click Here to visit hackman127's HomePageSend a Private Message to hackman127Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Funny you should mention that, my wife and I got married on a Friday so we could spend Saturday at the Dutch Classic here almost 10 years ago...

[This message has been edited by hackman127 (edited 04-19-2015).]

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2015 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hackman127:

Funny you should mention that, my wife and I got married on a Friday so we could spend Saturday at the Dutch Classic here almost 10 years ago...

I remember that! Has it really been 10 years?
MAFOA Events

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FTF Engineering:

Looking forward to the show as well!!

Has it really been 21 years that MAFOA club has been hosting this event?

Yes sir, 21 whole ones! It's hard to believe that MAFOA is celebrating their 20th year (we started Fieros at Carlisle as an unorganized club and formalized later that year)

hackman127

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2015 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hackman127Click Here to visit hackman127's HomePageSend a Private Message to hackman127Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I remember that! Has it really been 10 years?

Time flies, doesn't it? Sad thing is, the SE that I was hoping to bring then still isn't running...
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2015 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back on the forum after the winter hiatus and getting past some health issues with my wife. Time to start driving the Fiero again.
You can count on me being at Fieros at Carlisle this year. IMO, its still the greatest Fiero show around and very enjoyable. There is also the Lititz show in May that is also fun to attend.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2015 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Time flies, doesn't it? Sad thing is, the SE that I was hoping to bring then still isn't running...

You have till the end of June ----- get er done!
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2015 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a heads up for everyone. Made our hotel reservations in Carlisle today for Friday evening June 26th. today. Lodging availability is pretty tight right now. It is recommended that those requiring overnight accommodations do so as soon as they can. The GM/Fieros at Carlisle event is huge and it looks like rooms in Carlisle, Mechanicsburg and Harrisburg are getting hard to find.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H

hackman127

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2015 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hackman127Click Here to visit hackman127's HomePageSend a Private Message to hackman127Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:
Back on the forum after the winter hiatus and getting past some health issues with my wife. Time to start driving the Fiero again.
You can count on me being at Fieros at Carlisle this year. IMO, its still the greatest Fiero show around and very enjoyable. There is also the Lititz show in May that is also fun to attend.

Dennis! We're going to do our best to make it out this year, Fiero or no. It would be great to see you again!

You have till the end of June ----- get er done!

Steve, if only. I've got to drop the motor on the SE to get it running again, and with the house up for sale, having a Fiero in pieces in driveway may put some people off... May get the GT going by that time, though.

------------------

Luke
2 '86 SEs, '86GT
Apparently I have a thing for black cars.
http://www.fierojoe.com

PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2015 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Steve, if only. I've got to drop the motor on the SE to get it running again, and with the house up for sale, having a Fiero in pieces in driveway may put some people off... May get the GT going by that time, though.

Dennis! We're going to do our best to make it out this year, Fiero or no. It would be great to see you again!

You've been gone for quite some time. When my boys were growing up, time to wrench was limited but I was still able to get in a few minutes now and then. By all means try to get to Carlisle this year. Would love to see Holly and yourself again.
Quite a few of the late 1990's/early 2000's people seem to be resurrecting their interest in the hobby of late and many of the good long time hobbyists are still there. Carlisle is still a great show and loads of fun. Paula is trying to arrange her schedule to come along but its 50/50 at this point. Such is the life of a nurse. If you make it, there may be a Friday night group dinner but I cannot speak for the club. If you have a chance of attending, be sure to make hotel reservations now. All of the nice hotels in the Harrisburg-Mechanicsburg-Carlisle area are nearly sold out or completely booked. Coming from Ohio you may have other options but not sure what exists to the West.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 04-27-2015).]

johnt671

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2015 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just registered. I haven't made a Carlisle show since 2009.

[This message has been edited by johnt671 (edited 04-28-2015).]

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2015 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnt671:

I just registered. I haven't made a Carlisle show since 2004.

John, so glad to see you are still in Fieros! We are slowly getting re-involved - moving, buying a house to restore and having a baby has slowed down our spare time but hopefully our paths will cross soon. We are going to miss Carlisle this year due to a wedding but I will be thinking of you guys having fun there!
johnt671

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2015 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Jen, still going with the Fiero. I got it painted last summer so it look nice, and through the years I've been going to a lot of local shows. I still remember the first tech day at your folks house on replacing the headliner at your folks house. That gave me the nerve to do the job and that headliner is still on the car today. I also remember Jim offering my daughter a ride on an ultra light plane he had and she shocked me when she said yes. it didn't happen but that was ok. They were good times.
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2015 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hi Jen, still going with the Fiero. I got it painted last summer so it look nice, and through the years I've been going to a lot of local shows. I still remember the first tech day at your folks house on replacing the headliner at your folks house. That gave me the nerve to do the job and that headliner is still on the car today. I also remember Jim offering my daughter a ride on an ultra light plane he had and she shocked me when she said yes. it didn't happen but that was ok. They were good times.

Definitely! How is she doing? Gosh, I imagine she's grown and out of the house now ;-) Dad would still be happy to take her up - he still has the plane. Hopefully sometime next fall I'll be able to talk Dad into hosting an event again. That would be fun.

johnt671

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2015 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
She's doing well. Still home but not to much into car shows anymore, she works on weekends and has a boy friend, so my wife and I go now. It would be great to have something at your folks place again. They were great hosts, always felt welcome there. Jim still have his trains?
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2015 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

She's doing well. Still home but not to much into car shows anymore, she works on weekends and has a boy friend, so my wife and I go now. It would be great to have something at your folks place again. They were great hosts, always felt welcome there. Jim still have his trains?

He does ;-) And now that he's retired, he has more time to play with them. I'll chat with them when I'm back in PA in June about doing something in the Fall!
johnt671

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2015 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great, it would be nice to say hi to all of you. If it weren't for the club and and PFF I'd have given up on the 84a long time ago.
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2015 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Great, it would be nice to say hi to all of you. If it weren't for the club and and PFF I'd have given up on the 84a long time ago.

:-)

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock