clutch slip by Erickson307
Started on: 02-06-2015 10:12 AM
Replies: 5 (132 views)
Last post by: Erickson307 on 02-10-2015 10:30 AM
Erickson307

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2015 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Erickson307Send a Private Message to Erickson307Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
new clutch pressure plate and disc new slave and master and clutch works fine but problem is under hard acceleration it slips for a sec and than catches? any ideas?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post02-06-2015 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Air in system still?

Slave being overextended?
tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2015 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you scuff or resurface the flywheel?
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2015 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One oily thumb-print on the flywheel would do that. It could fix itself in time.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2015 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What engine and transmission do you have? If you have a 4-speed bolted to a V6, the parts house could have given you a clutch assembly for a 4-cylinder. It's a little smaller in it's surface area. If you have an Isuzu transmission bolted to a V6, same thing. An assembly for an Isuzu transmission also employs a small clutch disk.
Erickson307

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2015 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Erickson307Send a Private Message to Erickson307Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
flywheel was scuffed it is a 3.4 with Isuzu 5 speed i got the v6 clutch with 4cyl throw out yesterday i was driving it and is started acting a lot more normal so im guessing it was a little oil on it and i also re bleed the system a lot and that also helped i used the gravity bleed i had read about on here thank you for the reply's and help

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock