Rockauto collector magnet... by zefferk
Started on: 02-04-2015 09:32 PM
Replies: 12 (801 views)
Last post by: Kevin87FieroGT on 02-07-2015 09:37 AM
zefferk

Feedback score:    (69)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2015 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just received a new oil pressure sender pigtail from Rockauto and found this little gem inside!

I never thought I'd see a fiero on their magnets. I've only received very unusual cars on all I've gotten up til now.

So who's car is this? A member here?

Sorry if this has already been posted in the past...I didn't search for it and I've never seen it here since I've been a member.

------------------
My Fiero...

88 Yellow formula CJB #182 of 1252

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2015 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, that's nice...way to go !!
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2015 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice! I hope I get one of those soon!
weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2015 05:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes that is a member here's car. Yes that member is still active. As a matter of fact I have two of those magnets in/on my RA fridge collection.

I'm trying to remember that users name. If nobody comes up with it I can look through my PM's after work.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2015 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kevin87GT is the owner of the car. He is a fellow club member and a great guy.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2015 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SWEET!
KaijuSenso

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2015 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KaijuSensoSend a Private Message to KaijuSensoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting, I didn't realize that was a magnet. My friend sent me a picture of that because my name is also Kevin and my GT probably once looked like that exactly.
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2015 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was kind of cool to get the magnet in a box of parts which actually were going on the Fiero! I remember going around at the office showing the magnet to a few peeps after I opened the box.
zzzhuh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2015 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup! I've got the same one hanging up on my fridge right now. I've had mine for over a year so it's been around for awhile.
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2015 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ah this is so awesome! I hope I get one soon
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2015 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Argh I just received my most recent order and it didn't even have a magnet in it, I hate it when they forget to put on in the box!
PFF
System Bot
fierodriver

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2015 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierodriverSend a Private Message to fierodriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMontreal:

Argh I just received my most recent order and it didn't even have a magnet in it, I hate it when they forget to put on in the box!

Sometimes they don't have magnets; I think either some of their suppliers don't do the magnet thing, or they're just out of them.

No worry, you'll probably get one next time. I have half my refrigerator covered with them!

Kevin87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2015 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all thanks for the compliments. Hey Joe the feelings mutual, I'll send the check.

It all started with looking at the Rock list of car magnets on their Facebook posting. Not seeing a Fiero on there I figured why not send in a photo and discription of the car and some of the parts we put in. Next thing that happened was I recieved a small box with the magnets and a nice letter from them. Wow, that was cool. Anyway, the magnets are out there. Still have yet to receive one myself through the normal order process. I did ask them if I could get a few more magnets for friends and family. About 3 months later I recieved another small box with about 100 magnets. Thanks Rock!

The car is a basically stock '87GT with all options, less rear defogger and new tires without the white letters of the GoodYear Eagles. Trans is a 5 speed manual. Currently 60,000 on the odometer and it runs great. Really enjoy taking it on the Capitol City Fiero cruises.

I'm amazed the magnets are still out there at Rocks distribution outlets, it has been about 18 months since they selected the car. We should be at the Daytona event in March, I'll try to remember to bring a few magnets.

Again, thanks all.

Kevin

[This message has been edited by Kevin87FieroGT (edited 02-15-2015).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock