John Callies 1940 Che-Pon on PowerNation this weekend by What about Bob
Started on: 02-03-2015 07:07 PM
Replies: 17 (848 views)
Last post by: Fierosmith on 02-10-2015 12:21 PM
What about Bob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2015 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for What about BobSend a Private Message to What about BobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For anyone that was at the 30th and saw John's video on his build, we'll get to see the finished product on Power Nation this weekend!

Here's the link for the promo
http://powernationtv.com/po...whats-a-1940-che-pon
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post02-03-2015 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's a nice build, but what's it got to do with a Fiero?

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2015 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

It's a nice build, but what's it got to do with a Fiero?

John Callis.
NEVERDONE

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2015 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Us boys from N.T.F.C. got to see that car in person at his place on the way back from the 30th! Talk about a shop! Super clean and super stocked! He was such a nice guy. Gave us a tour of where the magic happens and even took pictures with us. Yall are in for a treat on this car!
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-04-2015 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:
John Callis.

It's still not a Fiero though.
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2015 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NEVERDONE:

Us boys from N.T.F.C. got to see that car in person at his place on the way back from the 30th! Talk about a shop! Super clean and super stocked! He was such a nice guy. Gave us a tour of where the magic happens and even took pictures with us. Yall are in for a treat on this car!

The car was one pic we were not allowed to take while visiting him.

What about Bob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2015 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for What about BobSend a Private Message to What about BobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

It's still not a Fiero though.

You're correct, this one isn't, but John is responsible for the REAL Fiero Pace cars and the Super Duty engines that powered them and the IMSA racing Fieros.
What does you avatar have to do with a Fiero?

[This message has been edited by What about Bob (edited 02-04-2015).]

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-04-2015 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by What about Bob:
You're correct, this one isn't, but John is responsible for the REAL Fiero Pace cars and the Super Duty engines that powered them and the IMSA racing Fieros.
What does you avatar have to do with a Fiero?

I own Fieros. But I'm not creating threads about all the other cars I own, on a Fiero forum, just because I also own a Fiero. John Callies is a cool guy and has done lots of cool things, but unless he's building or racing a Fiero, it probably doesn't belong in General Fiero Chat. There's an Other Cars forum for such things.
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2015 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John Callies always belongs here .
h.d.fire

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2015 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wftb:

John Callies always belongs here .

R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2015 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John Callies IS the Fiero. He is the original father of the racing Fiero, has always made time for Fiero fans, gave pretty much all of his personal Fiero items away to individuals in the club, and I could go on and on.

John always has a place in the Fiero community and on this forum.

My 2 cents.
PFF
System Bot
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2015 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

R Runner

3678 posts
Member since Feb 2003
NEVERDONE

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2015 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jeez people calm down. The o.p. probly thought that more people would see it here as opposed to o.t. Quit trying to police everything. If Cliff has a problem with it being here, I'm sure he will let us know and move it. Can't anyone just be happy anymore?! OK mini rant over!
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2015 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree NEVERDONE... I would not have seen this thread in a different forum. OP, thanks for the heads up and Paul, thanks for the additional link.

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?
......................................................www.northtexasfieroclub.org

What about Bob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2015 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for What about BobSend a Private Message to What about BobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

I agree NEVERDONE... I would not have seen this thread in a different forum. OP, thanks for the heads up and Paul, thanks for the additional link.

That's what I thought too! This was the best place to post it, as John has done so much for the Fiero.
Sorry if I offended anyone, but get over it. We aren't all perfect, especially me.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2015 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice 60 second segment. Beautiful craftsmanship on the car!
pro street dave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2015 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pro street daveSend a Private Message to pro street daveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is a sweet car.
Fierosmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2015 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This aired this w/e.

It was really cool to have seen the car, in person, while it was under construction, and John was a perfect host.

Its kind of a shame that the show couldn't show all the neat/unique features of the car. You really can't appreciate it as much with the less than 30 second showing in the program.

John's shop is truly amazing, and several of the machines he uses are created and built by himself.

After our visit, John directed us to a world famous BBQ place in Memphis.... It was truly worth the visit.... the absolute "cherry" on top, of our 30th trip.

Thank YOU John for your dedication and tireless commitment to the Pontiac Motorsport Division, Fiero development, and other contributions in the past, present, & future.

Also, note that John was the only guest speaker at the 30th.

Jim

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock