Started on: 02-02-2015 01:36 PM
Replies: 40 (1311 views)
Last post by: TXGOOD on 03-26-2015 07:41 PM
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I recently finished modding a decklid that I had and thought it came out pretty good.
It has a scoop from Paul Angel and a rear "Camaro" spoiler from Fiero Warehouse.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
NEVERDONE

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few questions; is it on your bed cause you're sleeping with it? And I thought you sold your car? And if so, do you need a guinee pig to test it?!
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Or Maybe someone to just purchase it from you
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lol Anthony
The bed was the best place to take the picture as I had nothing else in the house to balance it on.
I ahh, don`t have a car right now, I just felt like doing some bodywork in case I came across a GT.
I have a hood too, that I have been working on for a while and I`m about ready to spray it.

NEVERDONE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lol my paint code is 69 chevy hugger orange! I tell ya what, Ill trade you a hoodie for it!
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That`s not much of a deal considering I still haven`t got my hoodie.
I can`t seem to ever make it up there for a meeting.
NEVERDONE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats the hoodie i was going to trade you for it!
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I ever get faster at laying out filler I may turn out a couple of these and leave them in primer until I have a buyer.
Right now it takes me too many hours to make it worth my time.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, that deck lid looks really nice! I would like to do something similar down the road.

By the way, my Fiero parts like sleeping in bed too. I won't let them sleep with me, and confine them to the guest room however.

Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

If I ever get faster at laying out filler I may turn out a couple of these and leave them in primer until I have a buyer.
Right now it takes me too many hours to make it worth my time.

I have that spoiler and a decklid in my storage building.
Question...
Assuming that one didn't want to mold the spoiler in, but just bolt it on... Does it fit the decklid properly, without any additional work or mods? (I've heard that the bolts need to be cut off (shortened) from the bottom side, after it's been mounted.)
Does it clear the tops of the fenders? Or does it have to be "clearanced" on the bottom edges?

Thanks!

Yours looks GREAT, but it's the wrong color.

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula IMSA Fastback. 4.9, NVG T550

Praise the Lowered!

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:
I have that spoiler and a decklid in my storage building.
Question...
Assuming that one didn't want to mold the spoiler in, but just bolt it on... Does it fit the decklid properly, without any additional work or mods? (I've heard that the bolts need to be cut off (shortened) from the bottom side, after it's been mounted.)
Does it clear the tops of the fenders? Or does it have to be "clearanced" on the bottom edges?

Thanks!

Yours looks GREAT, but it's the wrong color.

Raydar it has threaded nuts moulded in so you can use whatever length will fit.
So the heads of the bolts are underneath.
It fits really well though.
Follows the curve of the back of the decklid.
The pieces that go over the fenders are finished so they better clear the fenders otherwise I will be reapplying paint under there.
I don`t have a car so I haven`t tried it on one.
PFF
System Bot
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXGOOD

5410 posts
Member since Feb 2006
Rayar, here is a link to the install of one of these spoilers just bolting it on.

http://www.justinchristie.c...-camaro-lip-spoiler/

The pics of it in that link looks like it has bolts but as I said mine had nuts molded in.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 02-02-2015).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent! Thanks for that info.
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2015 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Raydar, I had to cut the bolts on mine and then I filled in the holes. I bonded it on too, so I knew I would not ever tak it off.

Rob
turbo86se

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2015 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anybody have any more pics of the spoiler? Looks great!
CavScout

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2015 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CavScoutSend a Private Message to CavScoutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NEVERDONE:

Lol my paint code is 69 chevy hugger orange!

I like that decklid alot and really dig the color. Gives me a couple ideas of my own - Thanks for posting it!
NEVERDONE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2015 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well his looks red. My car is orange. I was hinting he should paint it to match my car!
CavScout

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2015 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CavScoutSend a Private Message to CavScoutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well his looks red. My car is orange. I was hinting he should paint it to match my car!

It looks orange on my phone.... With a redder tone to it but still orange. I'll have to check it out on a PC. I was hoping Chevy Grabber Orange was a real color it looks good on my phone lol
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2015 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by turbo86se:

Anybody have any more pics of the spoiler? Looks great!

Look at the link on my post above.
There are pics of an install just bolting and bonding the spoiler on.
I used to not like a spoiler delete car but the more I saw the more I liked and this little flip spoiler just adds a little flair.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 02-04-2015).]

NEVERDONE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2015 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CavScout:

It looks orange on my phone.... With a redder tone to it but still orange. I'll have to check it out on a PC. I was hoping Chevy Grabber Orange was a real color it looks good on my phone lol

Grabber orange was a ford color mainly used on the mustang. Competition orange was a dodge color and chevy had the hugger orange.
CavScout

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2015 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CavScoutSend a Private Message to CavScoutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Grabber orange was a ford color mainly used on the mustang. Competition orange was a dodge color and chevy had the hugger orange.

I dunno why I put Grabber orange instead of Hugger. However now I also know each manufacturer had their own special orange thanks!
PFF
System Bot
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2015 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the hood in primer today. I have to sand and put another coat as I have a couple of chips that showed up in it.

NEVERDONE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2015 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good man!
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2015 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2015 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
spray it 1986 stock red, that way if you don't buy a car for it the hood will be ready to sell to me.

really nice work. jealous of your skills.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2015 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Grantman:

spray it 1986 stock red, that way if you don't buy a car for it the hood will be ready to sell to me.

really nice work. jealous of your skills.

That`s funny you said that.
It will be the same color as the decklid in the first post.
When I had my 88GT and was searching for the stock color it came up as WA8774 but that color didn`t match.
Then I checked the earlier Red which was WA8553 which was closer but not exact so I surmised my car was at one time painted with a different color.
Which brought up another point.
According to info on the Fiero color choices supposedly the WA8553 was only used on the 84-85 but on a thread on here a number of people posted that they had 86s but definately had the WA8553 color.
So obviously, even though GM meant to switch to the WA8774 they must have had some paint left over and used it on the earlier 86s.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 02-09-2015).]

Grantman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2015 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so what you're saying is there is a chance you might spray it to match the color of my car? lol. kinda like I might have had a chance in high school to date the prom queen. not liking my odds on this hood if that's the odds.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2015 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well that, or it may match my old 88GT if it`s meant to be.
I know, I`m being elusive.
I don`t see it coming up for sale.
Actually, I think Paul still sells the hood with a scoop, according to his website.
Grantman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2015 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm just messing with you. except the part where you do really nice work. serious about that.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2015 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 03-19-2015).]

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2015 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know how projects can drag on.
I use upcoming Fiero events for motivation.
We have two major ones a year here in Texas and I like to have at least one upgrade every time I attend one.
That has become somewhat of a norm though as most attendies have something new.
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2015 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you bring these mods in a truck with the mods on the bed?

Very nice work. I need my hood & decklid ”fixed” like that.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2015 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Do you bring these mods in a truck with the mods on the bed?

Very nice work. I need my hood & decklid ”fixed” like that.

Thanks
Bed not included.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post02-09-2015 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

I recently finished modding a decklid that I had and thought it came out pretty good.
It has a scoop from Paul Angel and a rear "Camaro" spoiler from Fiero Warehouse.

Looks nice,, that scoop reminds me of the 1979 mustang cobra scoop..

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2015 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:
Looks nice,, that scoop reminds me of the 1979 mustang cobra scoop..

Yea, that`s what Paul calls it.
STM aka similar to Mustang
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2015 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I got some color on the hood today.

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2015 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got some scoops painted and mesh installed.

hiwil88formula

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2015 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hiwil88formulaSend a Private Message to hiwil88formulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mike we gotta talk at roundup. I'm wanting paint this year.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2015 07:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hiwil88formula:

Mike we gotta talk at roundup. I'm wanting paint this year.

Sounds good, but I have to get a bit more practice before I would feel comfortable enough to do a whole car.
Especially, someone elses.
I painted a couple of cars years ago but that was with single stage paint.
I`m now using base/clear but because of my area I have to work it`s not dust free and I end up color sanding quite a bit.
I`m hoping to get a shop built in the next couple of years with a dedicated paint bay.
CavScout

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2015 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CavScoutSend a Private Message to CavScoutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man all those parts look pretty good to me! Nice job hope you get your own shop set up
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock