Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Guy is parting out 86 Fiero (not for the squeamish.)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Guy is parting out 86 Fiero (not for the squeamish.) by zzzhuh
Started on: 01-31-2015 09:58 PM
Replies: 12 (438 views)
Last post by: Csjag on 02-01-2015 10:40 PM
zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2015 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Found this on Craigslist today, I already talked to the guy and fortunately he is alright. On the other hand his car has seen better days

http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/4872227075.html

Hopefully I can get a few things from him.

------------------
Every fiero has a story, It's our job to keep that story alive.

[This message has been edited by zzzhuh (edited 01-31-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 02:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lol why was I expecting to see blood and guts in this add
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was a very nice car before...
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, that looked to be a pretty nice car. Reminds me of 6 or 7 years ago when this was towed into a repair shop a few miles south...

Worst part:

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
19K miles! How did they roll it?
steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could require a second buffing to make that one look better.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Me too

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

lol why was I expecting to see blood and guts in this add

fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

19K miles! How did they roll it?

Here in KY, there are a lot of narrow, twisty roads with a cliff or deep ravine on at least one side. The wrecker guy said they had to hoist it up out of one of those ravines. I think the rear damage was from it hitting a tree when it got to the bottom. Not sure if it was wet or what caused the car to spin off the road, but that first step was a doozie. I didn't see any blood, so I assume the driver was OK.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I visit you, I'll remember that. No first step. Seriously, I've been through Kentucky many times. Usually along I-64. I guess that isn't representative of the state.
zzzhuh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

Worst part:

fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If I visit you, I'll remember that. No first step. Seriously, I've been through Kentucky many times. Usually along I-64. I guess that isn't representative of the state.

I-64 through Indiana has more turns and hills than the KY portion (I drive it most weekends coming back from IL), but those have standards to meet in terms of grade and curvature and they cut rock out to maintain those standards. On the local KY roads in the hilly and often times poorer parts, the roads follow the natural terrain and are often as narrow as they can get away with. There are a lot of fun curves within 5-15 miles from my house that are marked between 15 mph and 35 mph that are a blast to drive...

Here is a topographical map of our first place in KY (red mark on 3249). Notice how it 3249 curves and how quickly the elevation drops off around those curves. This car was towed to a place about 20-30 miles south of here, so it was likely wrecked somewhere in a 50 mile radius of the tow place.
https://www.google.com/maps...491b43fc81dd!5m1!1e4

Mattoon, IL doesn't have many curvy roads, most are flat and arrow straight, but there are a couple of things those are good for too!

PFF
System Bot
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post02-01-2015 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Interstates rarely are. There are plenty of curvy country roads near the Appalachians, with some dangerous changes in elevation if your brakes can't handle it. A Fiero with only 19K miles on it, that was wrecked less than 10 years ago, may well have had brake/tire issues, especially if it was rolling on original rubber (can't tell from pics if tires are original or not). It can be very tempting on a curvy road, to drive with a bit more spirit, especially when in a Fiero.

There are plenty of wrecks every year in areas like that, where teenagers try to drive too fast and end up running into trees or off a ravine. I've definitely seen my share of that happen in the Ohio Valley area.
Csjag

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did he mention what he hit with the car?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock