speed upwindows by spirit
Started on: 01-24-2015 07:35 PM
Replies: 9 (469 views)
Last post by: mmeyer86gt/gtp on 01-28-2015 12:56 AM
spirit

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2015 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spiritSend a Private Message to spiritEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone know how to speed up the power window? Mine are getting slower and slower.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2015 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rodney makes the window helpers:
http://rodneydickman.com/ca...h=24&products_id=271

Also sardonyx247 on here makes them:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/069004.html

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 01-24-2015).]

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2015 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The window power switches can be taken apart and cleaned fairly easily. After reassembly and reinstallation my windows were faster.

Nelson
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2015 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
install a auto up and down window module after you clean your switched like a 530t look it up on ebay i also posted a schematic on how to wire it in. It improved my windows speed immensely.
Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2015 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mmeyer86gt/gtp:

install a auto up and down window module after you clean your switched like a 530t look it up on ebay i also posted a schematic on how to wire it in. It improved my windows speed immensely.

You happen to have a link to that thread?

------------------
86 SE Convertible 3800sc 4t65e HD(2002), Gen V, 3.3 pulley, SD headers

notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2015 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had to cleaned up the window channels in the door and relubed them
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2015 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is also THIS THREAD that holds a LOT of promise!
Probably the best way to speed up the Fiero windows that there is.
darbysan

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2015 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cleaning the switches did wonders for the speed on mine. I would try that first, since it's easy. Get some contact cleaner at Radio Shack ( if they are still in business ), and just spray into the sides of the switch while operating it ( power off if still plugged in- I took mine out for this operation). X2 on the express window upgrade. I installed GM modules in my Elky, and they work great. Takes 4 modules, if you want up/down on both sides. Or you can buy the aftermarket module.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2015 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Slow motors can be cause by many things. Adding parts may help or not depending on the root cause.

Cleanup and lube the rollers. Replace them if needed.
Clean up electric parts and grounds. Iffy power or ground(s) can slow all electric motors.

See my Cave, Wire Service, Windows and Electric Motors

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2015 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock