88 GT with Series 3 3800sc using 4t65hd by FieroGTP Comp G
Started on: 01-19-2015 12:55 PM
Replies: 6 (507 views)
Last post by: mitchjl22 on 01-21-2015 12:31 PM
FieroGTP Comp G

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2015 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTP Comp GSend a Private Message to FieroGTP Comp GEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am beginning a 3800sc swap in 88 GT. I am planning to use the 4t65hd with tapshift. Does anywhere to get good mounts and pcm programming and wiring harness done. It is a series 3 with drive by wire. I am looking for conversion parts if there any who lost interest and/or who is the most reputable to buy new from.

Thanks,
Mike
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2015 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can buy mostly everything from vendors on this forum.
Use the search feature for general questions and if you need more detail please ask.
Fierorog for mounts
FieroFlyer or Phonedawgs for harness.
FieroFlyer will include PCM programming with harness purchase.
PhoneDawgs harness is more $$$ but looks a little cleaner and is labeled.
Nosrac, GM tuners, Phonedawgs can also do PCM programming.
ZZP performance or any GP vendor for performance and replacement parts.
WestCoast fiero has quality conversion parts but are slow shipping.
FieroGTP Comp G

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2015 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTP Comp GSend a Private Message to FieroGTP Comp GEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the quick reply!
Any luck with eliminating the Passkey 3 feature from the PCM?
My current donor car was abandoned (and purchased very cheap by me) with low mileage because of frustrations caused by the Passkey 3.
Thanks again,
Mike
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2015 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTP Comp G:

My current donor car was abandoned (and purchased very cheap by me) with low mileage because of frustrations caused by the Passkey 3.
Thanks again,
Mike

Standard PCM re-programming removes the security feature. It is also very easy to use a diff PCM as long as it supports your Trans year. I believe the harness guys wire the S3 as S2 and use cable operated TB for ease of installation.
I personally like the N* and will be using it on my latest swap. You will need a 2003 & up PCM to control the later trans.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2015 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTP Comp G:

Thanks again,
Mike

I am not 100% sure but if u plan to use the tap shift trans with tap shift hooked up u might be in for additional wiring and using the BCM. I know years ago this was needed but thjngs might have changed over the years. Contact Ryan at Sinister Performance to get a soild answer.
mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2015 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can also contact Fieroking when it comes to the tapshift trans. He puts them in fieros all the time with the LS4.

-Mitch
mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2015 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mitchjl22

1144 posts
Member since Sep 2011
PS. When i did my swap, i used a 1998 PCM, and run the motor as a series II. The biggest difference is that i used a manual.

-Mitch

------------------
My Car - 87' GT - 3800sc - Flat Black - Lowered
//www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/121571.html#p0

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay