Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  should I sale engine complete or part out?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
should I sale engine complete or part out? by racingfortheson
Started on: 01-17-2015 12:45 AM
Replies: 4 (228 views)
Last post by: project34 on 01-20-2015 08:37 PM
racingfortheson

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2015 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got my v6 out to do a v8 swap and don't know what to do with it. I was going to swap it into a 4 cylinder car but not now. Think I may sale complete but it may be worth a little more parting out. It has the heads rebuilt 4000 miles ago and the 1.6 roller rocker. What do others do with their old engines?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Irrationable

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2015 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Parting it out could potentially net you more, but it may take longer to see that money as you'll be selling things one by one as other users inquire about particular parts. Selling the engine as a whole might net you less, but you'll be getting it all at once.

------------------
"The Twins"
'87 GT 3.4 pushrod daily driver
'88 GT 3.4 DOHC swap in progress

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2015 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately the 2.8 V6 engines are not worth much. I'm not knocking them but stating the reality. Just trying to locate a shop to have them rebuilt can be a challenge as there are other optional engines for those who want a Fiero to drive, not a Fiero to restore.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2015 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why not list it on craigslist and see how it goes. There are 4 cylinder Fiero owners out there looking for the V6 because its a much easier install than the other non-standard engines. You can always piece it out if no one buys it after a couple of weeks.
project34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2015 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Personally, I suggest NOT parting out your 2.8L V6 engine.

Parting it out, I think you'll find, likely will represent way too much work, time, effort, and irritation, for relatively little gain in money.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock