Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  New Corvette Looking Like It Will Just Be A New Fiero (Page 3)

Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This thread has been moved here: Totally O/T.
New Corvette Looking Like It Will Just Be A New Fiero by DKcustoms
Started on: 01-09-2015 04:20 PM
Replies: 104 (2460 views)
Last post by: tshark on 01-17-2015 01:39 PM
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2015 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In reference to the thread title.....
Well, it does have four tires and a steering wheel....
That's like comparing a Model A and a KOR Mustang.
IP: Logged
davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2015 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

If they do a mid engined Vette, some Fiero fan owner should remove the name and put Fiero logos and name decals on it.

LOL! Now that would be funny. Need to put Pontiac that lights up on the back also.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2015 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If they do a mid engined Vette, some Fiero fan owner should remove the name and put Fiero logos and name decals on it.

Already got it covered.
From page 1...

Originally posted by Raydar:

REBODY!

Heck... I wish I had enough money to buy one.
I'd put Fiero badges on it. Just to poke a stick in the eye of the Corvette guys.

hyperv6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2015 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

They have been working on it for over 50 years.

No the present car was started in 2003 and stopped around 2008 and restarted around I think 2012.

I know you were joking but so many people get so screwed up on this as they have no clue on what is going on. Many would read your post and think it is true. In a way it is but not on the present work.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post01-14-2015 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:
No the present car was started in 2003 and stopped around 2008 and restarted around I think 2012.

I know you were joking but so many people get so screwed up on this as they have no clue on what is going on. Many would read your post and think it is true. In a way it is but not on the present work.

It was tongue-in-cheek, but not a joke. They've been building mid/rear-engined Corvette concepts for almost as long as they've been building Corvettes.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2015 07:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It was tongue-in-cheek, but not a joke. They've been building mid/rear-engined Corvette concepts for almost as long as they've been building Corvettes.

They have been at it as long as you have been arguing with people here. Now that is tongue-in-cheek. LOL!
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2015 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why would anyone do that? Why not give every fat chick at KFC a Team USA Olympic Gymnastics Team jacket as well??

Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2015 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good one...............
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2015 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Never under estimate some folks. I expect someone will try to do a body kit to turn one into a Fiero. Why don't ask me that.

I really do expect someone will do a C8 kit for the Fiero though.

We already not have a kit that turns a Fiero into a C4 Corvette for some unknown reason. You can guy a real C4 for less then the paint job on the kit conversion? I know they did it long ago but to me it never really made sense. Just buy the damn Vette. It's not like a Ferrari and priced out of most peoples range.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2015 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back when they did the C4 kit, Corvettes were more expensive than Fieros.
I'll bet they don't sell a bunch of those kits, now.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2015 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Back when they did the C4 kit, Corvettes were more expensive than Fieros.
I'll bet they don't sell a bunch of those kits, now.

I know I was there at that time. But they were not that much more that after the body and paint you may have just as well ponied up the rest of the money and got the real thing.

Lame then and novelty now.
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-16-2015 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I know I was there at that time. But they were not that much more that after the body and paint you may have just as well ponied up the rest of the money and got the real thing.

Lame then and novelty now.

There's a reason I've only ever actually seen one of those kits on a car, and it was on this forum. Just because something was made available as a product, doesn't mean everyone ran out and bought one.

It also wasn't a copy of the basic C4. The body was a copy of the changes that were made only on the ZR1 in 1990, which, IIRC, is when the ZR-2 kit was released. The ZR1 was a whole lot more expensive than a base Vette was. I suppose they thought perhaps a body kit and a Fiero would be of interest to people, rather than paying for a ZR1 at the time. Of course, the ZR1 sold less than 6500 total over its 6 years in production. You can imagine how few ZR-2 kits were probably sold, especially after the base C4 got the body updates in 1991.
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2015 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2015 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just checking in to see how everyone is doing............still talking about Fieros.........alrighty then.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2015 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If GM would have been smart they could have used this platform and built a Fiero "Halo Car" for Pontiac back in the early 2000's. Then they would have had 3 divisions using the same hardware to spread out costs.

But unfortunately GM wasn't smart at all. To many bean counters in the company and no one with vision and testicles to carry out the vision.

I wished these could be imported to the USA. GM Mid Engine car with a turbo 4.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 01-16-2015).]

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2015 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

http://www.roadandtrack.com...?click=_hpTrnsprtr_2

Thanks for posting this as it is about 90% of what happened and what is coming.

This story did just not happen by chance and Bob still can only speak about things GM wants him to speak on.

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2015 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hyperv6

6001 posts
Member since Mar 2003

There's a reason I've only ever actually seen one of those kits on a car, and it was on this forum. Just because something was made available as a product, doesn't mean everyone ran out and bought one.

It also wasn't a copy of the basic C4. The body was a copy of the changes that were made only on the ZR1 in 1990, which, IIRC, is when the ZR-2 kit was released. The ZR1 was a whole lot more expensive than a base Vette was. I suppose they thought perhaps a body kit and a Fiero would be of interest to people, rather than paying for a ZR1 at the time. Of course, the ZR1 sold less than 6500 total over its 6 years in production. You can imagine how few ZR-2 kits were probably sold, especially after the base C4 got the body updates in 1991.

If you want an argument pick someone else.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2015 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

Why would anyone do that? Why not give every fat chick at KFC a Team USA Olympic Gymnastics Team jacket as well??

Why not, lol. Take cheerleaders for an example. They used to be all the hottest girls in the school...now they let anyone who can walk or run do it. I used to like watching the annual championships from Disney World. Now its full of girls I wouldnt even want to go out with at my age. Thats not even to mention the women 200 pnds overweight walking around in public in Abercrombi work out clothes (as if). They want to seem like athletes, but have a handicapped parking pass because of their weight, and cant walk more than 50 yards without a break.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 01-17-2015).]

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-17-2015 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you want an argument pick someone else.

Are you really so self-absorbed that you must imagine every reply is an attempt to argue with you?

I was simply pointing out some additional information about the ZR-2 body kit you were complaining about that might help people understand why it exists. If you don't like it, then fine. I don't care. I don't like the body kit either. I'm just saying the ZR-1 was about $60K, not the $30K of the base Vette. Factor in insurance and fuel costs, and it's easy to see why someone might have wanted to go that route. But I expect I will see more C4 ZR-1s in my lifetime, than I will ever see ZR-2 kitted Fieros.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2015 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Roger, we know what your girls look like. There are some real women athletes that are in the 200-pound range. That having been said, here are my criteria for a woman athlete:
1. Can smoothly walk down the aisle in a commercial plane full of Fiero people without bumping anything
2. Would be known affectionately as Miss July (or whatever month) in a swimsuit Fiero calendar
3. Performance on par with majority of others in same sport, and is capable in other sports
4. Would be welcome to sit on top of your Fiero for a pic
5. If she didn't agree with the previous 4 criteria and could catch you on foot, you'd be worried about what she'd do to you

That having been said, this doesn't mean I'd find them attractive. Different strokes for different folks. Same with Fieros.

The topic strayed.
davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2015 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Roger, we know what your girls look like. There are some real women athletes that are in the 200-pound range. That having been said, here are my criteria for a woman athlete:
1. Can smoothly walk down the aisle in a commercial plane full of Fiero people without bumping anything
2. Would be known affectionately as Miss July (or whatever month) in a swimsuit Fiero calendar
3. Performance on par with majority of others in same sport, and is capable in other sports
5. If she didn't agree with the previous 4 criteria and could catch you on foot, you'd be worried about what she'd do to you

That having been said, this doesn't mean I'd find them attractive. Different strokes for different folks. Same with Fieros.

The topic strayed.

Loved the way you kept your comment Fiero related. lol
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2015 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

.......The topic strayed.

This whole topic strayed from the moment the OP hit the Submit button and created this thread in this category. Meanwhile CoolBlue87GT is discussing his TDI Fiero and getting pulled over. Then Cliff moves his thread to the O/T area because it "strayed" from the Fiero topic.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/110628.html

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 01-17-2015).]

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2015 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Are you really so self-absorbed that you must imagine every reply is an attempt to argue with you?

I was simply pointing out some additional information about the ZR-2 body kit you were complaining about that might help people understand why it exists. If you don't like it, then fine. I don't care. I don't like the body kit either. I'm just saying the ZR-1 was about $60K, not the $30K of the base Vette. Factor in insurance and fuel costs, and it's easy to see why someone might have wanted to go that route. But I expect I will see more C4 ZR-1s in my lifetime, than I will ever see ZR-2 kitted Fieros.

LOL!

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 01-17-2015).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2015 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The topic strayed.

LOL...thanks...I think. While there may well be some athletic girls at 200 pnds, I said 200 pnds OVERWEIGHT. That would be in the 300-350 pnd range, where the only sport would be Sumo Wrestling... I only pointed this out in answer to the previous poster mentioning KFC girls in athletic uniform. Didnt mean to stray the OP. Sorry.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 01-17-2015).]

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2015 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Davy, I'm glad you liked my ridiculous post.

IMSA, both threads need to die. As dobey said, I didn't contribute info, but there was nowhere good for the threads to go. As you said, there are several threads with this subject. Fine. Let's not add to them. This is a case for the search button, if ever there was one. Most of the threads with this subject rehash the same info.

It's Cliff's house. He can do what he wants. I think the thread deteriorated.
This thread has been moved here: Totally O/T.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock