85 GT Build by Trisphere
Started on: 01-06-2015 02:23 AM
Replies: 7 (297 views)
Last post by: Trisphere on 01-19-2015 01:20 PM
Trisphere

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2015 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TrisphereSend a Private Message to TrisphereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
Picked up this GT at the beginning of the year, a nice step up from my 86 2m4. The 85 will need quite a bit of work done to it, but the car itself is in decent condition.
72k original miles, not bad...
Pretty much got screwed on seats with the deal, luckily found a great parts car at a pick & pull nearby with its seats in almost perfect condition.
The engine needs a full rebuild, has a spun rod bearing. Planning to do some engine mods, nothing too crazy but any ideas?
Body of the car is in fair condition, gel-coat cracking in a few spots and a few minor cracks aside from the driver side front fender which is thoroughly screwed. I also have a stock wing for the car.
Luckily snagged a great panel off the parts car at pick & pull. Missing parts include the side console vents, shift knob, Gas tank fill surround & cap, driver side headlight assembly, stock spare & jack, I may replace the sail panel windows if i find a great deal on a pair of them...
Won't be able to begin too much work on the car until spring, but for now its prep work and finding parts. Let me know what you guys think!

[This message has been edited by Trisphere (edited 01-06-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2015 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the Forum!

If you edit your pictures down to about 1000 pixels wide.....we can see the whole car on the screen.

edit: The best looking Fiero I have ever seen was a '85 GT...

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 01-06-2015).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2015 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good luck with the project. Whats the spoiler off of I wonder?
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2015 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome & good luck.

Could that be a Grand Am spoiler?
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2015 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rather than rebuilding the 2.8, look for a 3.4.
You will be money ahead, and much better performance.
Trisphere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2015 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrisphereSend a Private Message to TrisphereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the engine pulled and torn apart, the info i had from a previous owner was a spun bearing... I get to tearing the motor apart, they spun a bearing, and continued to run the engine, they broke a rod. crank is thoroughly thrashed, Main bearing journals are alright though. I've been deciding on getting a 3.1 crank, rods and pistons, or if i can find a 3.4 with low mileage.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2015 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

If you edit your pictures down to about 1000 pixels wide.....we can see the whole car on the screen.

That's not the issue with those images. The images themselves are not too wide (they're 1012 pixels), but the file size (1002 kb) is more than three times what is allowed.

They're also not JPG (which is required), they're PNG images.

Following is some helpful info...

Five seconds of work in IrfanView, and then using PIP to post the images...

Trisphere, we want to see your GT... you'll just have to work at your image posting skills.
Trisphere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2015 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrisphereSend a Private Message to TrisphereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A further look into the engine, sure it had a spun bearing, but some idiot continued to run the car and eventually threw a connecting rod. The crank is trashed but I planned on doing a 3.1 or 3.4 anyways, the block doesn't look damaged, i'm still looking at all my options. Iv'e began work on porting and polishing my intake and exhaust, a fun zen like task. Any broken or missing parts I have picked from the yard from the same car i got my awesome seats from.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock