87 Formula w/ 4 cyl ? by wayneman
Started on: 12-27-2014 07:27 AM
Replies: 23 (611 views)
Last post by: dobey on 12-31-2014 05:31 PM
wayneman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2014 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ebay

Rare?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2014 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
VIN: 1G2PE11R7HP245940

1987 Pontiac Fiero

Engine: 2.5-liter 4-cylinder
Body: notchback (GM body type 37)
Number 45940 of 46581 built in 1987

It was NEVER a Formula. Decals and the fastback rear clip have been added to this car. The stock 2.5 Duke engine has been replaced with the Quad 4.

I see that the decklid has been modified from a notchback lid to simulate a fastback lid. Pieces have been grafted onto it and it still retains the notchback tail lights and engine vents and trunk seal. Considerable work went into that area. The interior has been upgraded to the GT style instrumentation. I also see what appears to be misplacement of the lift arms. It looks like the front arms were placed underneath the floor and has pushed part of it upward, rather than placing them a little further inward to lift on the reinforced front cradle beam.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 12-27-2014).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2014 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wayneman:

Ebay

Rare?

Not from GM, but yeah, one of a kind.....

Kind of a neat play on the name....quad formula.

Formula was 1988 model year only.

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2014 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like said above, Formulas were 88 only, so its not a formula.

It started life as a base 87 coupe, had the Q4 conversion and the fastback conversion is a PISA GT/FX kit. If you look at their website, this is the same car they used to advertize the conversion, so it might have been done by them at one time.
http://pisafierohq.com/body...els/gtfx_conversion/
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2014 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you check out their web page a 321 area code for a phone is in central Florida, but the business address is Statin Island, NY.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2014 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

...the fastback conversion is a PISA GT/FX kit.

Can't say I like the look of this kit at all. Also looks like the suspension was raised to clear tree stumps for off-road use.

wayneman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2014 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it my imagination or is the rear spoiler higher than stock? I can barely get my hand under mine.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2014 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Is it my imagination or is the rear spoiler higher than stock?

It's higher (and possibly angled down towards the front a little).

I can barely get my hand under mine.

Dangerous to do while you're driving!

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 12-28-2014).]

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2014 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rare no. idiot yes.
wayneman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2014 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Dangerous to do while you're driving!

That's funny LOL. And I like your avatar!
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2014 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And I like your avatar!

Thanks, it pretty well expresses my sentiments toward Christmas.
PFF
System Bot
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2014 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actually looks like a nice clean car and the engine swap looks very neat. I don't think you can judge the styling effectively from computer pics. I would be interested to know how it performs. Im not a fan of the spoiler but that's my personal taste.
wayneman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2014 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Thanks, it pretty well expresses my sentiments toward Christmas.

Ah yes, tiss the season of expectations!
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2014 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not rare at 'from factory', as it's a custom car. Fastback != Formula != 4cyl / DOHC != blue painted grill covers
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2014 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do believe that is the Pisa GT conversion kit
007DOUG

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2014 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 007DOUGSend a Private Message to 007DOUGEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Isn't this Joe Wymans car? I the only guy who remembers Joe Wyman?

Grab an old FOCOA magazine. This car featured before. Well built.

Rear section was a kit sold by PISA. Failed attempt to make notchie look like fastback. IIRC it was $800 kit. Never saw another kit ever, anywhere, except this car.

------------------
3 Indys, 1 is an A/C delete

"Time is the most precious and perishable of my possessions."

Buy IRM, again! at www.fierowarehouse.com

wayneman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2014 05:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
interesting steering wheel
kriswinner

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2014 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kriswinnerSend a Private Message to kriswinnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Power window buttons and hand cranks? (look at the picture with the steering wheel)
wayneman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2014 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kriswinner:

Power window buttons and hand cranks? (look at the picture with the steering wheel)

Hahaha....I guess thats in case the power goes out!
Gary W

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2014 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gary WSend a Private Message to Gary WEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If anyone is interested in this car I will say this - check it out in person!

I have a car in my driveway right now from this seller (non-fiero). It looked great in the pictures, and the description is pretty much word-for-word the same as this one. In my opinion, the car I got was mis-represented. It says engine has no noise and no leaks - it has both, plus the engine light is on. Says it has good tires - they are dry-rotted although they have good tread. The pictures of the underside looked fantastic. When it was delivered, I discovered that the exhaust system and transmission had been painted silver with a rattle can. So have the alloy wheels, brake calipers and rotors, and just about every nut and bolt under the hood. I thought I had a driver and instead I have a project.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2014 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gary W:

I have a car in my driveway right now from this seller (non-fiero).

Has this guy got a car lot? I notice he's sold four cars recently on eBay, and currently has 12 other vehicles listed.
PFF
System Bot
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2014 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would never buy a car from a picture. When I got my first Fiero a couple of years ago (a 1985 2M4), the paint on the top parts was faded and peeling. I sprayed it down with the hose and took a picture and sent it to a car nut friend of mine in New Jersey. His first response was how good the paint looked. Its still buyer beware with any used car.
Angellightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2014 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AngellightningSend a Private Message to AngellightningEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This car was in a Copart auction relatively recently. Looks like they fixed it up a bit.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post12-31-2014 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kriswinner:

Many aftermarket kits use a motor which simply attached to the manual crank inside the door. The handles may be retained to allow manual cranking in case the motors fail, on some kits. Similar to adding CNC to a manual mill or lathe, and retaining the hand cranks so it can be used manually as well.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock