Help from the wife by notwohorns
Started on: 12-23-2014 05:25 PM
Replies: 7 (325 views)
Last post by: mental floss on 12-24-2014 12:27 AM
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2014 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did a lot of work on my brakes. Replace the front and rear pads, all calipers, and the rear brake cables. My wife came out to help me bleed the brakes. I said go ahead and pump them up and I opened the bleeder screw. Nothing. Kept pumping up and tried the bleeder-nothing. Tried all four corners-nothing. I took the lines off of the master cylinder and had her pump the pedal with my fingers over the holes-nothing. I guess the master cylinder went bad. Picked up a master cylinder today and bench bled it, then I installed it. Had my wife pump the pedal while I open the bleeders-nothing. Took the lines loose at the master cylinder again and had her push on the pedal-nothing. I checked under the dash to see if the rod was attached to the brake pedal. THEN I saw the clutch pedal. I asked her very nicely "you weren't pushing on the clutch pedal instead of the brake pedal were you?" She said "**** "
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Neils88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2014 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2014 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had the same thing happen with my grandson.
wayneman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2014 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL you should have asked her to pump the clutch
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2014 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Women, can't live with em, can't shoot em. Punishment for a mistake like that would require my wife to test the stickshift next.

Jim
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2014 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Give the woman some credit. She was willing to help.

Didn't she grow up driving a manual?
Chelo Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2014 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chelo FieroClick Here to visit Chelo Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Chelo FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You make my day!!!!
mental floss

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-24-2014 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mental flossSend a Private Message to mental flossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had a car with a barely living battery that I needed to move. I only wanted to start it long enough to move it under it's own power. The woman was asked to come operate the key in the ignition, just like you start any car and I would be under the hood operating the carb to keep it running without dying until it warmed up some. That must've sounded to her like I was going to perform magic or something.And you would think someone who drives everyday knows how to start a car with the ignition key. Well the car would start and die immediately every time I started moving the butterfly. I went through this until the battery died and I recharged it some. Then went through the cycle again until the battery was too dead again. I asked how she was operating the key and it turns out she was turning it off every single time it started. Why, I don't know. I really didn't want to hurt my foot or fix a hole in the garage wall so I just asked to be alone for awhile.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock