fiero members? by fierogt28
Started on: 12-20-2014 03:19 PM
Replies: 111 (2597 views)
Last post by: ITALGT on 03-20-2015 06:01 PM
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2014 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I noticed in the past 3 months that this forum activity has really slowed down.

Technically, is it just me seeing this?? Posts have slowed down drasticly in all sections.
I hope folks aren't losing interest.

------------------

fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2014 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's winter. Cars are in storage. Maybe that's why? Has been slower on here for a while now.
Vanet

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2014 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanetSend a Private Message to VanetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can tell you as a newbi to the site, not to fiero's. There are a few on this site who run people off with there know it all attitude. I read about every two or three weeks, but rarely post just because don't really get any info, just a bunch of arguing.
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2014 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been on the Grand Prix site for few weeks looking for some things. that site seems slower than this one and there are way more Grand Prix's around.
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2014 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Grantman:

I've been on the Grand Prix site for few weeks looking for some things. that site seems slower than this one and there are way more Grand Prix's around.

Grand Prixs aren't collector cars though.
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2014 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Grantman:

If its the site I'm thinking of, yeah it used to be crazy busy. Now its dead.

ALL forums are slow, regardless of subject matter. Most of that traffic is now on Facebook, for better or for worse (mostly worse, in my opinion).

Grantman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2014 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
should have clarified more. given the fact that there are way more Grand Prix''s I would expect more questions and discussion on repairs, peformance modifications and items for sale. there isn't. No I didn't check COLLECTOR sites for mustangs, camaros etc. and how much traffic there is.
I think fierogt28 is correct, activity is down on THIS SITE for whatever reason. Does seem as though a lot of fiero's are for sale from folks that have been members on this forum for quite some time. Since those folks are leaving or visiting less there are fewer people who really know these cars available to answer questions. I'm still asking questions, not able to answer many. there was a thread on this topic not too long ago and there seemed to be a number of members who are more active on facebook than on here.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2014 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, seems slow. Probably wrapping up my Fiero season.

It is sad that a number of Fiero family members appear to be moving on, for whatever reason. I feel as if I missed the party.

I agree that inocuous posts tend to lead to people being jumped on, but I've learned that those people are often not worth the effort to read their posts. I have family on the other side of the world. Literally, day and night are opposite for us. So, when I wish them good morning, it is in fact night for me. Some people on this forum seem to be so full of themselves that they won't admit that anyone could have a different experience, or that any opinion that differs from theirs could be valid, or that they are, in fact wrong. There have been many members who left or who don't post, merely because of these hostile ignoramuses. I've also notices that some members are, in fact, duplicates. Ignore these types of people. They apparently are only out to cause others grief. Just remember that the only thing necessary for these people to succeed is for good people to do nothing.

That having been said, the Fiero people I've been lucky enough to meet have been great.
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2014 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ive been on here for years but lately lost interest in my 3 fieros due to one issue after the next with them ( 87 GT, 88 base, 88 Formula) AND have been paying more attention to my newest toy...F150 6.2 Raptor A year ago i was on here every day, now maybe once a month...I will say that in the past couple weeks I have slowly started to feel bad for them and am getting back into the game. Even ordered some parts from other members. I suspect as time goes on other peoples interest change as well. Ive thought about just unloading it all and giving up but ive got tooooooooo much $$$$$ invested at this point to walk away. ...including a 3.8 SC motor that i got from forum member winkie. I HAVE to see it in my Formula. times and people change

Edit to add; i too have even been put off by other members; no matter what forum you're on you'll get know it all a-holes but what i found worse were long time members that started jerking people around and are given cart-blanche because they have been on here longer than the person complaning. That really put me off. I wont get into specifics but i got a lot of grief when i complained about a couple members screwing others in the mall. I was 100% right in what i said but got negs and nasty PM's

[This message has been edited by DLCLK87GT (edited 12-20-2014).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2014 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vanet:

I read about every two or three weeks, but rarely post just because don't really get any info, just a bunch of arguing.

I was curious about this comment, so I ran a search on your username. Came up with a couple threads you started, and I suspect This one is what you're referring to.

IMO, you come across as a little too brash for someone who is brand new to a site and is asking for advice. Everyone here is volunteering their time and knowledge. Posting in a surly and/or antagonistic manner won't help you attract the answers you seek.

If you are a jackass who already has this info but think I havnt paid my dues enough to share it, and that i should spend days and days searching old threads looking for it then just move along.

Vanet

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2014 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanetSend a Private Message to VanetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if you had read the whole thread you will see that my attitude changed considerably as certain people kept attacking those that tried to give an opinion different then theirs . I have been modding cars for 40 years, and have an engineering degree, I wasn't looking for advice, just some experience from those that had done similar to what I was contemplating. Several tried to contribute, but were shouted over by a few problem people on here.

recently I have hooked up with several people who are into Fiero's. when I mention pennocks, they have all heard of it and have a lot of negative things to say. What appears to me to be happening, is new people who would like to get involved in your forum are being run off,and as others lose interest they arnt being replaced. Just my opinion, but I have seen it happen before. Good luck, being a Fiero fan, I hope the site doesn't just fade away.
PFF
System Bot
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2014 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One thing is certain, just because someone is new to the forum doesn't mean their dumb. Personal fiero
knowledge has no bearing to do with the amount of posts.

I do sometimes ask the same question in my thread to see what others have experienced even
though it has been asked before. It give a chance for other members to pitch in of what they possibly
missed (example): 2 years ago.

Two heads are better than 1.

Happy Holidays everyone...
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2014 03:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

if you had read the whole thread you will see that my attitude changed considerably as certain people kept attacking those that tried to give an opinion different then theirs.

I read the entire thread, and it certainly didn't take long for your "attitude" to change. That snarky comment of yours that I earlier quoted was in the 6th post of a 150 post thread.

Several tried to contribute, but were shouted over by a few problem people on here.

It's very easy not to read posts that you might find non-productive. Nobody gets "shouted over".

What appears to me to be happening, is new people who would like to get involved in your forum are being run off,and as others lose interest they arnt being replaced.

There might be a few members of this forum who can be less than polite, but that's to be expected any place where a large number of people congregate... either online or in the "real" world.

My take on the situation is that a lot of newbs come to a forum (this forum, any forum), and want their hands held while being walked through every step of whatever procedure they're concerned with. They want immediate gratification provided by forum members who are donating their time and expertise. No, I'm not necessarily suggesting that you're one of those people, but I've seen it often enough over the years to know it's a problem. There is a ton of information archived here. It's often not difficult to find whatever is required if any real effort is made to look for it.

My pet peeve at any internet forum is newbs who, after receiving an answer (or three or four) to their question, don't even have the common courtesy to acknowledge the response(s) let alone say "thanks". They either drop out of sight never to be heard from again, or simply go on to ask their next question. Because after all, it's all about them.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 12-21-2014).]

steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2014 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PK has not purchased any more FIEROS therefore post are down at least 50%

[This message has been edited by steve308 (edited 12-21-2014).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2014 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

PK has not purchased and more FIEROS therefore post are down at least 50%

Any?
steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2014 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn auto spell --- That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2014 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want to take this opportunity to say ”thanks” to all the people on here who have helped me.

Sometimes, no matter how many times you hear/read something, it just doesn't click. You ask again and again, untill finally someone says it in a way that makes sense to you. Also, on these threads, if a member tries to clarify a point, they are often accused of hijacking the thread, or of derailing someone's build thread. Archive threads cannot be posted to. Also, many threads contain 50% or more posts that are useless at best. I have quit reading posts by some members, because their posts are not helpful. If I must read through several thousand posts to get a 2-minute answer, why bother? If this forum has sunk to responses of, ”go find out yourself”, why should anyone bother posting?

By some of the reasoning, everything's already been said and done; therefore, why post at all? While it may get tiresome answering the same thing constantly (we had probably 20 threads last Spring where the ICM went out), a year later just shows life on the forum. Think of your dinner conversation. You discussed the weather last year, why do it again? It's rained, snowed, or whatever, before. You've gone to work, driven a car, or whatever before. Mighty boring table conversation. Why bother with schools? It's all been taught before. It's in books & online. Just go look it up.

When speaking of attitude, a member may have asked a serious question. Other people interpret the post, and also have an attitude. As aforementioned, sometimes there are PLENTY of threads, but no resolution. I have tried myself to get the outcome on certain threads, but the OP never replied. So, the next option is to start a new thread, at which point sometimes other members point you back to the threads you've already read. Just because you've been on here for many years and know everything doesn't mean that the next person has. Yes, I've had people on here make the assumption that, because I'm new here or whatever, that they are entitled to treat me as inferior. This behavior seems to be encouraged on this forum, with threads dedicated to bragging about how badly a forum member was treated.

Imagine if, in school, a teacher refused to answer questions that had ever been asked before? I've seen questions asked on here that I had thought were common knowledge, as well as unchallenged answers given that were almost laughably incorrect. Suppose someone had looked up those threads?

Keep in mind that, when you read a post, the tone may have been set by a previous post that you made--not the actual attitude of the poster.
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2014 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's been almost 27 years since the last Fiero rolled off the assembly line. I think it's normal for site traffic to slow over time as the cars and their owners age. People get tired of trying to maintain an old car and want something new and the younger generation is into modern stuff. I'm on the 300m forum as well and traffic there is pretty slow too and those cars aren't that old.
The "use the search function" attitude is something I've seen on quite a few forums. Personally, I will try and help where I can, even if it's been asked before. I may just post a link to another thread, but only if that thread contains good information pertinent to the original question. Searching for answers can be a daunting task at times. Sometimes there is so much info (some of it conflicting), that it's hard to know what the right answer is, especially for a newbie. Other times it's hard to find the right key words to use to find what you're looking for.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2014 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Yes, I've had people on here make the assumption that, because I'm new here or whatever, that they are entitled to treat me as inferior. This behavior seems to be encouraged on this forum, with threads dedicated to bragging about how badly a forum member was treated.

Before the whole forum is tarred with the same brush (intentionally or not), I'd like to see what you're referring to. Links?
tebailey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2014 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seajai:

It's been almost 27 years since the last Fiero rolled off the assembly line. I think it's normal for site traffic to slow over time as the cars and their owners age. People get tired of trying to maintain an old car and want something new and the younger generation is into modern stuff. I'm on the 300m forum as well and traffic there is pretty slow too and those cars aren't that old.
The "use the search function" attitude is something I've seen on quite a few forums. Personally, I will try and help where I can, even if it's been asked before. I may just post a link to another thread, but only if that thread contains good information pertinent to the original question. Searching for answers can be a daunting task at times. Sometimes there is so much info (some of it conflicting), that it's hard to know what the right answer is, especially for a newbie. Other times it's hard to find the right key words to use to find what you're looking for.

That was my response also, thanks for saving me a lot of typing. I was a mechanic for over 40yrs. and have seen some strange things over that time. Since physically I can no longer do that, I do have a lot of knowledge aquired the hard way and would be more than happy to share it so nobody else has to make the same mistakes I have.
ericjon262

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2014 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rbell2915:

Grand Prixs aren't collector cars though.

I wouldn't call the fiero a collector car either though. sure there are people who collect them, but there's also people who collect gremlins and pacers. they're really more of a cult car.
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post12-21-2014 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Keep in mind that, when you read a post, the tone may have been set by a previous post that you made--not the actual attitude of the poster.

Keep in mind that, when your read a post, you shouldn't try to read too much tone into the post. This is an Internet forum, after all, and not the local pub. Just because someone types something direct without any meaningless platitudes, uses big words, or spells things correctly with decent grammar, doesn't mean it's a personal attack, or that you are being treated as inferior. It is simply text on a web site. Everything isn't about you, even if it's in a thread you started, or a reply to your post.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2014 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Before the whole forum is tarred with the same brush (intentionally or not), I'd like to see what you're referring to. Links?

Hmmm. I stumbled on some a while back when the dandamage thing happened, but can't find them now. Not an excuse, but the search isn't really that great. I tried using google, but just turned up a bunch of threads about banning mostly posted to by people who have been banned since then.

The threads to which I refer may not still be around or may have been edited, but were basically a collection of posts where people were bragging about who hit some ”ban button” first. There were 3 separate multi-page threads with mostly unique users posting.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2014 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

tshark

4388 posts
Member since Feb 2014

Originally posted by dobey:
Keep in mind that, when your read a post, you shouldn't try to read too much tone into the post. This is an Internet forum, after all, and not the local pub. Just because someone types something direct without any meaningless platitudes, uses big words, or spells things correctly with decent grammar, doesn't mean it's a personal attack, or that you are being treated as inferior. It is simply text on a web site. Everything isn't about you, even if it's in a thread you started, or a reply to your post.

I was responsing to what Patrick said above.

I agree. I'm sure there are some on this forum who could benefit from your comments. I wasn't necessarily referring to myself here, but some of the threads I've read where I may not even have posted. However, when someone quotes you and makes comments that include name-calling, I would say that it is about you. This has happened to me. Others on the thread then went on to state that so-and-so knew all sorts of stuff, and the implication was that I didn't. Turned out, so-and-so was just the average Joe. Just because I'm new here doesn't mean I know more or less than anyone else.
rbell2915

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2014 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ericjon262:

I wouldn't call the fiero a collector car either though. sure there are people who collect them, but there's also people who collect gremlins and pacers. they're really more of a cult car.

Thanks, that's the word I was looking for, couldn't think of it for a second
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2014 03:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmmm. I stumbled on some a while back when the dandamage thing happened, but can't find them now. Not an excuse, but the search isn't really that great. I tried using google, but just turned up a bunch of threads about banning mostly posted to by people who have been banned since then.

The threads to which I refer may not still be around or may have been edited, but were basically a collection of posts where people were bragging about who hit some ”ban button” first. There were 3 separate multi-page threads with mostly unique users posting.

I don't know what other mischief you might've got yourself into here, but it wasn't difficult to find This thread. From reading your posts the last few months, I gather you're both educated and worldly (usually positive attributes)... which makes the following post of yours in the thread I linked to that much more disturbing.

Referring to the Ferguson riots...

Either way lethal force is apparently the only effective one. I would leave the bodies where they fell. Perhaps the message would get through. I wouldn't call any medical people. I also would shoot to disable, probably stomach or chest. No kill shots. In humane? Perhaps. It may save lives. War tactics are used in war. Make no mistake. This is war. We are fighting for our way of life, to be free and American, to prevent either group (government or people) from enslaving the other.

You came across like Rambo on steroids. It's no wonder that thoughtful, long-time respected members such as Don (maryjane) and Marvin McInnis responded the way they did to your post. I'm not saying you are, but you sounded just like one of the several ultra right-wing extremists who post in O/T... guys who are proud of repeating over and over that making glass parking lots of countries they don't like is the only solution to the world's problems. Those of us who are a lot less extreme in our attitudes towards the rest of the planet are so sick of reading this twisted crap in O/T. This is why, IMO, that Don and Marvin reacted so vehemently to your post. Keep in mind you had only been a member here at that time for six months, so you were basically unknown.

I think the following post (addressed to you) from that long (mostly ugly) thread was excellent... and it applies to comments made in this current thread as well.

Originally posted by Fats:

OK, first off before it becomes an issue. PFF is not an "everyone is equal" place. This means that the people who have been here longer do have some freedoms a new guy doesn't. This is the same as you and I going over to a friends house. You just met him last week, I've known him for 10 years. We both show up, I knock and go in, you wait for him to let you in. I go see if there is a beer in the fridge, you wait until something is offered. This is because we got to know each other, and what was acceptable. I didn't just walk into his house the first day, I didn't just grab a beer without asking.

On PFF it works the same way. Many of us have been here for 10 years or more (I think my 10 yr anniversary is this month.) We've sat and talked on the forum, and sometimes at our actual houses. I can call some members and talk to them in person if needed.. (not that I do a lot, I don't like phones.) People get comfortable with each other, we know most of each others "issues" and ticks. We have became a family over time, even if it's dysfunctional at times.

You, and other new guys cannot expect the same treatment. We don't know each other really at all. After some time that will change, as it has with most people on the forum.

I suggest that newcomers not judge this forum too harshly. I admit there are a few members posting in O/T that I don't like (whom I basically just try to avoid), but by and large it's a pretty good group of people.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2014 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mischief? I stated an opinion, the same as everyone else. I see you're safely away from Ferguson, the same as the other 2 nincompoops you mentioned. I'm in the middle of it. Easy to judge from the sidelines. Outsiders have invaded us and are causing problems. When said blowhards have a valid opinion, maybe I'll listen. Until then, they're just windbags. What they posted was a personal attack, and probably, in the case of the one, a violation of forum rules. The thread degraded into people with no knowledge of the subject matter posting and being taken as experts. These valueless and insulting posts by members who have been around long enough that they should have known better led me to discontinue reading the thread. I hadn't seen that one post you quoted from Fats or twofatmen or whomever he is that post.

That actually wasn't a thread to which I was referring.

Thanks for making my point about those who have been on here longer, though. So, if everyone knows me, I can call names, attack people, etc, and it's acceptable, where otherwise, I can't post an opinion. Again, very encouraging for new members.

But let's not derail this thread.

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 12-22-2014).]

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-22-2014 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for making my point about those who have been on here longer, though. So, if everyone knows me, I can call names, attack people, etc, and it's acceptable, where otherwise, I can't post an opinion. Again, very encouraging for new members.

You've got it all wrong. You're only allowed to post opinions that the majority of other people agree with. Doesn't matter how long you've been around.

And lots not confuse the bullshit political crap in OT with the part of the forum that is the reason the forum exists; Fieros. You're still here, and your ratings bar isn't even showing yet, so whatever disagreeable thing you said to have someone react to you in a disagreeable manner, couldn't have been that bad.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2014 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you only knew. It didn't end on the forum. I received what I can only call hatemail. And it wasn't from a T/OT thread.

As pointed out above, many here don't know me. Why then, to use the example above, would they walk into my house without knocking and raid my fridge without permission?

I don't always agree with myself. How could anyone else agree with me? Over the years, I've made numerous decisions where I didn't like the choice I had to make.

Anyway, this thread isn't about me. There are Fieros being bought and sold regularly. Why aren't there more posts about them? I see lots of Fieros for sale within 200 miles of me. Where are these people on the forum?

TFF, or whatever they're called now, doesn't seem to be on here much. TFS only occasionally posts. Where are their new products? What's going on at Archie's old place?

JohnWPB's activity seems to have died down. Anyone heard from Spoon? Many other builds just became silent.

Grantman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2014 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
saw a recent facebook post with a picture of a fellow with a gun in each hand. top caption read something like "Quck which one is real and which one is fake" Caption below simply says "bang your dead"

have a lot of respect for the officers and soldiers that have to make that decision in a split second.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-22-2014 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Anyway, this thread isn't about me. There are Fieros being bought and sold regularly. Why aren't there more posts about them? I see lots of Fieros for sale within 200 miles of me. Where are these people on the forum?

I recently sold an 85 GT. New owner pretty much immediately had a build/resto thread up. Several Fieros for sale in the area here too. Saw a silver SE the other day, but no idea who owns it, either. It's not just the forum that's slow. Local club membership for Fiero clubs has been falling way down over the past several years, as well.

Sometimes life happens though, and we don't get to work on our cars and update our threads as much as we'd like to. It's certainly the issue with my build. It's why fieroguru's additional LS4 swap threads aren't getting updated and he's not selling any more brake kits and such at the moment. From what I've seen of JohnWPB's posts, that's part of the reason for his drop in activity as well (Maaco nearly totalled his car by leaving it sat out in the rain with no glass, uncovered). A lot of swaps have been completed and there's just not much going on with them.

Archie's old shop is no more. There's nothing going on at it. I don't know what Chris & Rob are doing. You'd have to ask them, or maybe Archie or someone else who is still in that area knows. Archie's getting some local suppliers lined up to provide kits from Vegas, according to his "retirement" thread. As for WCF, I don't know what's going on in their shop. And nobody's started a thread recently about "3800 vs V8" so the typical flame wars from that old chestnut haven't been getting rehashed either.

And madcurl dropped off, so we don't have a bunch of new threads every other day with a hundred pics of random parts of other cars to speculate on how they would look on a Fiero. Just the threads from him were a pretty big chunk of "activity" on the forum.
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2014 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like I said. I feel like I'm late to the party.

I know JohnWPB's story. Yes, life happens. We've lost a lot of vendors and a lot of the people who built the Fieros. Lots of services can no longer be had. It's hard to find a good shop to work on your Fiero. Finding Fiero people in your area can be difficult. I know. So, existing members drop off. New members aren't really encouraged. Excitement wears off. People are disillusioned.

It's hard to be motivated to share if the threads are depressing, before you even post.
Grantman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2014 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What I'm curious about is there have been a lot of V8 and SC3800 and NA3800 swaps done in the last 10 years. where are those cars now? How many are being driven? how many of them have been scrapped, blown up or sitting in sheds and garages and barns forgotten? How many are owners holding onto for when "they get around to working on them again"? I picked up a SC3800 that had sat almost a year. Didn't need all that much to get running. I think on a lark he decided he would sell, otherwise he might be close to two years with a non running Fiero. I'm guessing some won't sell for the price being offered so they just keep them and let them sit. which is their decision. Can't argue with that.
just cruisin old threads there is a bunch of cars out there somewhere with swaps that took a lot of work. again no different than any other car. buddy of mine has a 67 mustang he drives all of 150 miles a year. not sure I see the fun in the that but it gives him a gleam in his eye to talk about his stang. nothing like replacing rotted tires with 1,000 miles on them.

------------------
1986 Fiero GT fastback SC3800 3.4 pulley, LS1 TB
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee with "big boy" 5.9 motor
1986 Honda Goldwing SEi 1200 fuel injected

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2014 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A lot of people simply get older, and as they age, are no longer able to do the physical Fiero related things they once found easy and enjoyable. Some have back or other physical problems that make it difficult to even get in a Fiero or drive for any length of time---I'm one of those. I've had as many as 5 Fieros at a time, attended the get togethers, but those days are beyond (and I suppose--behind) me now--down to 1 Feiro now and will probably never drive it or another one again.
When you are no longer actually involved in the day to day subject of any given web forum, you just tend to drift away from the nuts and bolts part of it. Such is life.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2014 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Either way lethal force is apparently the only effective one. I would leave the bodies where they fell. Perhaps the message would get through. I wouldn't call any medical people. I also would shoot to disable, probably stomach or chest. No kill shots. In humane? Perhaps. It may save lives. War tactics are used in war. Make no mistake. This is war. We are fighting for our way of life, to be free and American, to prevent either group (government or people) from enslaving the other.

Outsiders have invaded us and are causing problems.

It's interesting that you're perturbed with "outsiders" in Ferguson when ironically that's the same concern some members here have with you at PFF.

...nincompoops ...blowhards ...windbags

But let's not derail this thread.

No, we wouldn't want to do that.

Thanks for making my point about those who have been on here longer, though. So, if everyone knows me, I can call names, attack people, etc, and it's acceptable, where otherwise, I can't post an opinion.

And if you knew me (which you would if you weren't still relatively new here), you'd know that's NOT what I'm saying at all. The point I was trying (and apparently failed) to make with you is that until people get to know you better, it might be best to hold off posting inflammatory comments (such as the one I quoted earlier and again above).

However, it's your call. Just don't blame "the forum" if strangers are scrutinized a bit closer than more familiar people. It's no different here than anywhere else.... including Ferguson.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2014 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The secret seems to be to park on an elevated platform. That way, no hunching down or pulling up. Just like getting into bed.

So, if the Fiero story is to continue, those members who are getting ready to move on should be encouraging new members, and passing on the excitement.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2014 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

tshark

4388 posts
Member since Feb 2014
Patrick, since you persist, when someone attacks my family, my home, me, my neighborhood, my country, yes, I fight back. Perhaps thousands of miles away this is incomphehensible and inflamatory.

Any yes, you are not here=outsider. I, on the other hand, do have a Fiero. If new members are outsiders, then why should this forum exist? Are you telling me that you perpetuate the childish cliques from grade school days?

No one on here knows everyone else, I'm guessing. You probably wouldn't know me if I'd been on here for several years. I don't care to go through a hazing ritual, and won't bend over for anyone. If that's what's required then yes, this forum is dead.

When force is used against me, I use force back. If you can't understand this now, I guess you never will.

”Scrutinized” is fine. Personal attacks, not so much. It is convenient that you didn't quote any of the attacks against me. You obviously aren't privy to offline communication, have not looked any further online, and apparently have no interest in doing so. This thread was about members--or lack thereof; activity--or lack thereof. You've provided lots of reasons why. I can only conclude that you're a not-so-innocent bystander.

Again, since you aren't here, you're talking out of your hat. BTW, what do you call people who discource on a subject in which they don't know anything? What do you call someone who has opinions without validity?

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2014 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
tshark (it would be easier and friendlier to address you if I knew your name), rightly or wrongly you come across as someone with a chip on their shoulder. This is unfortunate as I believe you could add definite value to this Fiero community. However, it might be difficult for you to be embraced if you're always so quick to jump to conclusions with anyone you perceive to be challenging you.

I'd prefer if you could take a breath and possibly reflect back on what I've posted in this thread, but it's obviously just a suggestion. I haven't meant you any ill will. I've just been trying to show you the situation from a different perspective. We all have (or should have) the same goal of a creating a comfortable environment here for members to enjoy.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 12-23-2014).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2014 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree we should. I thank you for your suggestions. I also appreciate your encouragement that I could contribute to the forum, which I have endeavored to do. If this forum is a place of censure, bullying, and cliques, I'm not sure I want to belong.

In the instance above, I was in the middle of literally preventing rioters from entering my neighborhood. Sortof a heat of the moment thing. Recently, I reviewed my comments on that particular post, and considered editing them. Really though. Why should right-minded people have to be silent so that they don't possibly offend, while others defile everything I stand for with impugnity? We don't have to agree, and probably shouldn't, but there is nothing wrong with a valid opposing point of view. If others don't agree, they can always say that that is a unique viewpoint or something else constructive, and move on. Or poke holes in it. Personal attacks are not constructive.

A lot of people jumped to conclusions about me. That particular thread was inflammatory by nature. It was news and views. Well, that post wasn't the popular version, the PC version, or one with an agenda. I don't have the mob mentality. I have a brain and I use it, but I'm not infallible. The media put forth a story to sell and incite--not the true story and certainly not a story without extreme bias.

I don't want to be perceived as having a chip, but I'm not about to be the whipping boy, and I won't be treated as second-class.

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 12-23-2014).]

Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2014 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Never mind... cooler heads have prevailed.

[This message has been edited by Bloozberry (edited 12-22-2014).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock