v8 fiero's by madbrad01
Started on: 12-10-2014 03:03 PM
Replies: 27 (1249 views)
Last post by: fieroguru on 02-07-2015 08:44 AM
madbrad01

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2014 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madbrad01Send a Private Message to madbrad01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was on you tube and was watching fieros racing, and came acrossed Fiero x project ! WOW!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2014 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FieroX car is a v6. Particularly a GM L67 or 3800 that has a aftermarket turbo instead of Factory SC.

madbrad01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2014 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madbrad01Send a Private Message to madbrad01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is that a different guy than fiero X?
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2014 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Link??

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

madbrad01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2014 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madbrad01Send a Private Message to madbrad01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At the drag strip run,looks to be at the same track as the 3800 turbo car, Watch fiero x 10
madbrad01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2014 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madbrad01Send a Private Message to madbrad01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madbrad01

209 posts
Member since Aug 2008
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2014 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep thats FieroX V6 super nice car !!!!

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

madbrad01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2014 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madbrad01Send a Private Message to madbrad01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You need to watch the whole thing,Because quarter the way thur it says ls4 v8 !
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2014 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It may be a typo, is that even his youtube account?

Edit never mind, it's not FieroX's car, it's a turbo ls4 whoever that is, is calling it the Fiero X Project.

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 12-10-2014).]

Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2014 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seems to be more than one Fiero X out there!

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 12-10-2014).]

madbrad01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2014 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madbrad01Send a Private Message to madbrad01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
anymore info on that build? Is he member here?
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post12-10-2014 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madbrad01:

anymore info on that build? Is he member here?

I've never seen or heard anything about that car before, so pretty sure he's not here. There are plenty of LS4 build threads on here though.
zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2014 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

I've never seen or heard anything about that car before, so pretty sure he's not here. There are plenty of LS4 build threads on here though.

I recall a certain someone doing an LS4 build thread but I haven't heard any updates

Don't tell me you ditched the swap.
litespd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2014 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The video that Gall757 posted...the orange car...is fieroX and he is a member of this forum. He doesn't spend much time here anymore, though, as he's busy with other interests and running his business.
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2014 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heard about this "other" Fiero X awhile back... came up in a Facebook discussion or something. Not the same as the FieroX (Ryan C) we are all familiar with.

Here's some banter about it, and the "SYCHO" who tuned it: http://truestreetcars.com/f...uns-10-63-135-a.html

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2014 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So its a turbo LS4? Good was afraid my LSx427 was no longer the fastest naturally aspirated Fiero and I would have to take it to the track to get a better time slip

(would probably need to learn how to drag race too, since I have never done it ) . Guess Don still has the fasted naturally aspirated time in a Fiero.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-12-2014 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zzzhuh:
I recall a certain someone doing an LS4 build thread but I haven't heard any updates

Don't tell me you ditched the swap.

There you go: //www.fiero.nl/forum/F...L/109387-6.html#p219

[This message has been edited by dobey (edited 03-14-2017).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2014 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

(would probably need to learn how to drag race too, since I have never done it ) .

Push the pedal at the right time and dont spin the tires
chrissin712

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2014 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrissin712Send a Private Message to chrissin712Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

So its a turbo LS4? Good was afraid my LSx427 was no longer the fastest naturally aspirated Fiero and I would have to take it to the track to get a better time slip

(would probably need to learn how to drag race too, since I have never done it ) . Guess Don still has the fasted naturally aspirated time in a Fiero.

No need to learn... I'll drive it. Fiero Track day in April? lol
Don Kraus

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2014 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Don KrausSend a Private Message to Don KrausEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Fred,your IMSA is still faster in a 1/4 mile.Your's runs 10.5's, that one is close at 10.6's.Both very fast.
Don

------------------
IMSA 34
60' - 1.555
1/4 mi - 10.519
mph - 130.29

TOO FAR
60' - 1.491
1/4 mi - 11.323
mph - 116.4

Magnashift

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2015 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MagnashiftClick Here to visit Magnashift's HomePageSend a Private Message to MagnashiftEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Guys,
The car he is talking about is my build. It is a stock (junkyard donor) LS4 from a 2007 Monte Carlo SS. The only mods to the engine are ARP head bolts, LS7 lifters on the stock LS4 Cam, Hardened pushrods, DOD - delete, LS2 Intake and Throttle body, large injectors and a Turbonetics T4 turbo from Summit Racing blowing into it. It made 525HP SAE corrected to the wheels in Albuquerque and ran a 10.56 @ 135mph best time this past season.
That is on 10 psi boost and 91 octane pump gas and 8.5 in Nitto 555 tires. Oh and the transmission is stock from the donor other than the chain and gears. Our track is at 5K feet. I expect to break into the 9's at sea level.
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-05-2015 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Magnashift:

Hey Guys,
The car he is talking about is my build. It is a stock (junkyard donor) LS4 from a 2007 Monte Carlo SS. The only mods to the engine are ARP head bolts, LS7 lifters on the stock LS4 Cam, Hardened pushrods, DOD - delete, LS2 Intake and Throttle body, large injectors and a Turbonetics T4 turbo from Summit Racing blowing into it. It made 525HP SAE corrected to the wheels in Albuquerque and ran a 10.56 @ 135mph best time this past season.
That is on 10 psi boost and 91 octane pump gas and 8.5 in Nitto 555 tires. Oh and the transmission is stock from the donor other than the chain and gears. Our track is at 5K feet. I expect to break into the 9's at sea level.

Have pics of the build-up? Another LS4 build thread would be cool to have on here. Is the rest of the car stripped down too, or is it full interior and accessories?

Edit: NM, I see it's stripped.

[This message has been edited by dobey (edited 02-05-2015).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2015 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome, Magnashift! I see you're not a newbie.
Magnashift

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2015 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MagnashiftClick Here to visit Magnashift's HomePageSend a Private Message to MagnashiftEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been around the Fiero seen for years... Luv em. i have a 88GT that is a turbo 3.1 v-6 car and this 86GT V8 drag car.
The Interior is stripped on the V8 car because I put in a full 12 point cage and I wanted more functional and easier to view gauges when making 10s passes. Safety first...
I will have to find my pics to post.
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2015 07:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Way cool! There are three of us with ls4 Fieros here in Spokane. One pretty much stock, one modified NA, and my turboed rebody. I'm anxious to see how far you can push the envelope. Good luck and keep us informed.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2015 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Magnashift:

Hey Guys,

Welcome to the forum
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2015 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

Way cool! There are three of us with ls4 Fieros here in Spokane. One pretty much stock, one modified NA, and my turboed rebody. I'm anxious to see how far you can push the envelope. Good luck and keep us informed.

Don,

I am going to be in Spokane next month (I haven't contacted Joe, or Jeff yet). We need to get together again!

Will

P.S. I think I finally have most of my kinks ironed out with my LS4 but still have the occasional (and terrifying) dead throttle pedal while on the highway!

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen IV replacement GT trunk seals with miter double bonded corners are now in production. $95 shipped to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2015 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum Magnashift! I would love to see more pictures of the engine bay and how everything is routed. Eventually I may add a turbo to my LS4/F40 fiero and am always on the lookout for ideas and tips.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock