SE fiberglass questions by Squishyxout
Started on: 11-30-2014 04:08 AM
Replies: 8 (246 views)
Last post by: Squishyxout on 12-05-2014 12:26 PM
Squishyxout

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2014 04:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SquishyxoutSend a Private Message to SquishyxoutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just hoping someone can give me a little insight as to help straighten out the hood, and I have a few questions about interior parts.

My hood doesn't line up quite right and I was wondering if I should just put in a rubber spacer or if I should try to correct the curve of the hood. (talking about the front hood, not the deck lid)
I have some pictures I can post but not of the places I'm talking about in specific. Hopefully these pictures work.

Started off with the car for free (helped family rebuild the floor in a barn and they payed me with a project XD)

Just the 2.5 for now, hoping to get into either a 3800SC or 3.4T (probably the 3800SC seeing as I'm in the process of buying an '87 gt that comes with an extra getrag 282 and a 3800sc on the stand)
Like I said, I got the car for free, it didn't run and I started off not knowing the first thing about the Fieros or the Pontiac 151. And just to throw this into the mix, the car was sitting for 13 years.
I got the car running with less than $300. I got a new water pump on, a new Alternator, new belt (went through 4 of em), new thermostat, which wasn't even there when I took the housing off, new plugs wires cap and rotor, new air filter, I'm servicing the auto trans tomorrow, and then it will be all cosmetics until I actually acquire the GT.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Squishyxout

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2014 04:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SquishyxoutSend a Private Message to SquishyxoutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It appears my pictures didn't work, any suggestions on what I should use to post pictures?
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2014 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Supposedly, PIP at the bottom of the page works for posting images.

I looked at a pic. What's wrong with the hood? It lines up with some things. There may be something other than the hood that is off.

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 11-30-2014).]

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2014 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are the images from the first post:

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2014 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A detail will go a long way. Still see nothing wrong with the hood, although it was replaced for some reason. Pics of the problem areas would help.

Are those tires still good?
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2014 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am assuming that you mean the height of the hood is not the same as the fender line.

I have a hand made hood and what I was told to do and make it work was to use washers under the fender on the bolts. Each bolt can be shimmed to help bring things in line. The fenders are flexible enough it is not like a metal one and each bolt is an adjustment.

I was told at the factory to fix a body that was off on the mill and drill they used copper washers to make adjustments. The mill and drill worked most of the time but there was times it did not.
Squishyxout

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2014 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SquishyxoutSend a Private Message to SquishyxoutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will take pictures this Sunday of the hood and other problem areas.

I've done a little bit of fiberglass work before, funny enough it was on a hood. but the problem there was that the hood was cracked when I received it, so I had to fix it in order to use it.

The hood seems to curve at a different angle than the rest of the front end, and only on the driver's side. Then there's a matter of the rear upper quarter (still kind of new to Fiero lingo) the part that determines if it's a notch-back or a fast-back. there's a crack, I can fix the crack, I just don't know what to do about the hood.

I'm also going to be starting a restoration thread, so if anyone knows anywhere I can get good interior parts, PLEASE PM me.
Squishyxout

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2014 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SquishyxoutSend a Private Message to SquishyxoutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Squishyxout

42 posts
Member since Sep 2014

Originally posted by tshark:
Are those tires still good?

Funny enough, it was sitting for 13 years, and the only tire that didn't hold air was the driver's rear. Though they were all dry rotted beyond belief.
Squishyxout

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2014 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SquishyxoutSend a Private Message to SquishyxoutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Squishyxout

42 posts
Member since Sep 2014

Originally posted by hyperv6:

I am assuming that you mean the height of the hood is not the same as the fender line.

I have a hand made hood and what I was told to do and make it work was to use washers under the fender on the bolts. Each bolt can be shimmed to help bring things in line. The fenders are flexible enough it is not like a metal one and each bolt is an adjustment.

I was told at the factory to fix a body that was off on the mill and drill they used copper washers to make adjustments. The mill and drill worked most of the time but there was times it did not.

I will look at it closer to see if it's actually the hood or the fender, I hope you're right. That would save a lot of time and hassle.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock