Parting Out Cars by DKcustoms
Started on: 11-24-2014 05:04 PM
Replies: 3 (190 views)
Last post by: 84fiero123 on 11-25-2014 09:47 AM
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2014 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, I am not parting out one of our cars myself.

One thing I have noticed lately, is a lot of people are parting out their own Fieros.
And its not just one car here or one car there, its a few cars a week it seems like lately.

Which makes me wonder,
Are people losing interest in restoring their cars;
are people just getting lazy when it comes to their cars; or
are there that many cars that have been in poor condition for a while that are finally being scrapped?

As much as I like picking up extra parts, its a shame to be seeing so many of our cars be scrapped and torn down.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2014 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are getting to the point where people are no longer sending their cars to the crusher....and they realize they can make a little money parting them out. I take that as a good thing. I have seen too many whole cars in yards crushed with out any parts removed.
racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2014 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, it looks like the parts are now worth more the scrap, but just so lol
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2014 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Parts have always been worth more than the entire car and many here already know that, besides many of us love them and know just how difficult it can be to find original parts for them. And then you have the others who have just to many cars that were maybe bought for parts cars to begin with, then they will sell the extra parts or even like I did to a local kid who wanted to try and restore the one he got from his older brother and just give the parts away. Hey I just wanted another Fiero to be in town, I think mine and one GT is all there are in town that are still driven on a regular basis.

Then you have the people who are just trying to make a buck off their hobby by selling a few parts. Nothing wrong with that, if it weren't for them there would be even less parts available. Hell I was at a bone yard last spring and saw a Fiero in there, just one and later this year went back to take a closer look and it was gone, sent to the crusher for scrap metal prices. AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock