performance sound by zipper9
Started on: 11-21-2014 06:06 PM
Replies: 11 (833 views)
Last post by: fierosound on 11-23-2014 11:02 AM
zipper9

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-21-2014 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zipper9Send a Private Message to zipper9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
do all fieros come with the red connector for the bass speaker under the glove box area?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Domtech

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2014 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DomtechSend a Private Message to DomtechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would think probably not, since that wire goes to the sub-woofer amp that is only on performance sound equipped cars.
zipper9

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-21-2014 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zipper9Send a Private Message to zipper9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what does one need to install this system into the car?
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2014 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amp, wiring harness, sub and enclosure. The overhead slider is optional, I chose not to install it because I didn't want to take my A-Pillar off and possibly break it.
zipper9

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-22-2014 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zipper9Send a Private Message to zipper9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
which wiring harness?
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2014 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's a wiring harness that connects between the head unit and the car's radio plug, and it also has a connector for the amp, (possibly a connector for the overhead slider), and lastly a connector for the sub. The amp is located behind the carpet on the passenger side in the center console, down by the floor. You can post a for sale thread in the mall asking for a harness, there's many people with extras. I got mine for $25.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2014 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You'll need all the factory parts.
http://calgaryfieros.com/OSGdocs/subwoofer.html

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2014 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its not that hard to install them. Mostly plug and play. Make sure you get the cover for your heater core that has the sub mounting bracket on it.

------------------
1992 SVX LS-L
1998 Ford F150 Super Cab V8 4X4
2003 PT Dream Cruser #1801
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8

FieroNews
FieroNews Spare Tire Cover

fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2014 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Thomas:

Its not that hard to install them. Mostly plug and play. Make sure you get the cover for your heater core that has the sub mounting bracket on it.

This is not in anyway a hard install,and it actually makes a good difference in a stock/mild aftermarket head unit....Enjoy...
zipper9

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-22-2014 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zipper9Send a Private Message to zipper9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
trying to remove the system to sell it, Anyone got a photo of the harness.

I am removing everything, I dunno what to remove, I am trying to remove the entire dash harness.

[This message has been edited by zipper9 (edited 11-22-2014).]

fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2014 02:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zipper9:

trying to remove the system to sell it, Anyone got a photo of the harness.

I am removing everything, I dunno what to remove, I am trying to remove the entire dash harness.

PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2014 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The previous picture shows the radio, amplifier and subwoofer harness.
Here's the one showing the subwoofer wiring routing to the overhead light switch.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock